Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Let This World Explode

by Battery_Star 1 review

It's Valentines Day out in the zones and Poison has a very special gift for his lover. [Frerard Oneshot]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-04-09 - Updated: 2012-04-09 - 1048 words - Complete

0Unrated
Poison grinned as he entered the run down diner his band of killjoys were staying in. he surveyed the room, watching Kobra’s face scrunch up in defeat as he folded his cards down on the table causing Jet to throw his arms up and squeal in triumph. He tucked a strand of runaway hair behind his ear and turned his gaze over to the booth at the back of the room where Ghoul was helping Grace write a letter to her mom, his fist loosely curled around a half empty can of Power Pup.

Ghoul could feel someone’s gaze boring into him, and looked up straight into the eyes of his lover. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips and he raised his hand in a ‘come hither’ motion, shuffling closer to the window to make room.

“I have something for you,” Poison whispered, pressing a kiss to Ghoul’s dirty cheek.

“Yeah?” He replied, pulling the fork out of his mouth and swallowing the foul food. The guys had been out in the deserts for over ten years now, but Ghoul doesn’t think he’d ever get over the taste of the food they have to eat everyday. What he wouldn’t do to get his hands on a bag of Cheeto’s.

“Uhuh,” Poison dropped the small square of tattered paper he was holding behind his back onto the table. Ghoul took it warily, eyeing Poison out of the corner of his eye. He looked down, instantly noticing it as the calendar Dr.D makes every year to keep on his desk. Doctor Death Defying was the only person out in the zones who had a true concept of time, as the Zone Runners only referred to the three summers if they truly needed to.

Ghoul looked over the open page that read ‘February’ and finally down to the date that’s circled in bright red. February the 14th.

“Valen… Valentines day?” he could vaguely remember Valentines Day; spending the day in bed with a bottle of booze or three to forget the corporate money making gifts and cards that he never received.

Poison nodded enthusiastically, eyes shining with determination. “yeah, I have a surprise for you,” he looked over at Jet and Kobra who are deep into another game of poker and raised his voice so they could hear, “all of you, actually”

Four curious gazes were suddenly on him, and he felt small for the first time since the bombs. Ghoul went to open his mouth, but Poison cut him off saying he couldn't tell him.

“Just get your jackets,” he said, “we’re leaving in ten.”



*


The sun still high in the sky when the group stepped out of the diner, Poison ushered them quickly into the trans-am; the car already moving further into the zones by the time the final door was slammed.

The car was silent the entire drive, despite the static on the radio. Poison was so nervous he was practically vibrating in his seat — it was a miracle he could keep the car driving straight.

Just as the sky was turning brilliant shades of pink and purple, the car skidded to a stop under some dead trees on top of a hill. Poison jumped out of the car and did an awkward walk-run around the car to open the passenger door for Ghoul who accepted his hand with a light blush and a quiet ‘thank you’.

Poison was going to so be pissed if his equipment had been stolen, it wasn’t likely since every Killjoy with a radio knew to be away from that spot and at the highest point they could find or at least out in the open. He was also extremely thankful that the day was one where absolutely no dracs were patrolling and inside the scarecrow unit for their weekly programming.

The redhead lead his friends further out into the open where a picnic blanket was laid out with the group’s radio, a tattered fake rose in a chipped glass and an unknown object covered with a sheet that had a painted bow on top. Poison motioned for the other killjoys to stay a few yards back as he led Ghoul towards the blanket and sat down. He fiddled with the dials on the radio and brought the transmitter up to his mouth.

“We’re ready Dr.D. Its time.”

“Good evening Tumbleweeds, you’re here with Doctor Death Defying. For all you Killjoys out there, partner up and step outside! Party Poison has something he wants to show you on this wonderful Valentines’ evening,”

The soft guitar of “Under the bridge” filtered through the worn speakers and Poison turned to Ghoul.

“I’ve been working on this for months. Planting the devices on the buildings in the city, painting them white as to not be noticed and I’d like you to do the honour for me, Ghoulie. I love you,” Poison tugged off the sheet to reveal a cartoon style detonator, decorated in bright meaningless patterns.

“Is this-“Poison nodded at Ghouls speechless face and gently placed the younger man’s hands onto the plunger.

“When you’re ready, sugar,”

Ghoul’s face hardened as he stared out across the dessert to the tips of sky scrapers that were barely visible over the city walls. He thought about everything he’d lost to that fucking city; his parents, his friends, his entire fucking life.

He looked back at the rest of his gang before turning and pushing the plunger. It took a second or two, but then there were several explosions and fire. Lots and lots of fire. He could hear the screams of the inhabitants as their world slowly burned down, and he could even faintly make out the shouts and cheers of other rebels. Shrill alarms drowned out the screaming and Ghoul knew that survivors were trying to put out the fires, but it was no use.

Eventually the sirens ceased and the screams died down but none of the men could bring themselves to care about how many people died in the explosions and fire, they were just thankful it was the end to their suffering.

“Happy valentines day, Gerard,”

“Happy valentines’ love,”
Sign up to rate and review this story