Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Lining Up the Pieces

recalling things that other people have desired

by Yati 0 reviews

[#007: Holiday] Sora on the train in Twilight Town.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Sora - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-02 - 254 words

1Moving
The doors close and the conductor's voice is cheerful, and the train chugs on its way. Sora stands by the door even though there are empty seats and he watches the red-orange-yellow sky. The sky doesn't change. It's always twilight here.

(He thinks he remembers another place. There was always darkness there.)

There are other children on the train as they head to Sunset Station. Sora doesn't recognise any them, though he thinks he may have seen them around, perhaps at a Struggle match. They glance at him and his companions (Sora always marvels at the fact that no one has ever asked him why he travels with a duck and a dog) and Sora grins, and some of them smile back but they keep their conversation to themselves.

They talk about their summer vacation, of course. Sora doesn't really get what the big deal is---back home, it's always summer. Then again, the people in town didn't seem to understand why he was so fascinated that it's always twilight in Twilight Town, so he supposes it goes both ways. They are talking about how to spend the last few days of their vacation and Sora catches bits and pieces of their discussion, even when he is not trying to listen.

"Well, there's still the beach!" one of them is saying and Sora finds himself thinking of Hayner and Pence and Olette and he wonders if it was possible for them to go to the beach together, even if it was just for once.
Sign up to rate and review this story