Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Clash: so the games begin

The Kids from Yesterday

by lalatherapist16 1 review

New friends, bigger numbers for me to try to control. Great

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-24 - Updated: 2012-04-24 - 1132 words

0Unrated
“Rage!” I woke up to my name being screamed in time to the light kick to my ribs.

I rolled over, my eyes meeting Stardust’s. “What?” I sat up, stretching.

“Someone’s up in the gas station.” Her words made me stand quickly.
“Who is it and for how long?” I tripped over Poison slightly as I headed to the entrance hall.
“No clue and about twenty minutes.” I shoved her against the wall as a beam of light shined down from above.

“The future is bulletproof!” a soft voice murmured into the gap. Star and I shared a look.

“And the aftermath is secondary” I murmured back, gun still in hand.

“Are you Crimson Rage?” the same voice asked, a bit louder now.

“Yes!” I called back. Star and I moved off the wall. Four faces smiled down at us, all young.

“Can you help us? That looks like a pretty long fall…” the boy murmured, shaking his hair out of his eyes.

“Sure.” I stuck my gun back in my boot. “Stardust and I will catch you.”

“Ohmigod!” two of the girls gushed, beaming at each other. “It’s actually them!”

Star and I rolled our eyes. “Come on!” we basket-weaved our arms together

The boy swung the girls down. Star and I caught them easily. He was a bit heavier than them, though. I grabbed the rope and pulled the hatch shut, sending the hall back into darkness.
“So….who are you four? I’m Cr-“

“We know who you are.” one of the girls murmured, cutting me off. You’re Crimson Rage and she’s Atomic Stardust. I’m Pixie Stix. With an X. This is October Night, Atomic Fallout and Happy Shadow.”

“Cool.” I murmured. “The and the guys are probably all still asleep, so be quiet.” I whispered, ducking their heads under the low entrance.

Poison was sitting up, a confused look on his tired face. “Oh shit.” he muttered.

“Ohmigod! The Fabulous Killjoys!” tow of the girls squealed softly.

“Sh!” I hissed sharply. “Quite. Everyone’s still asleep. How do you know who we all are?”

“Fallout, you tell her.” Stix murmured, her light voice the same. She sat on the floor under the lantern, sighing as her hair blew around in the hot air.

I moved to sit on Poison’s lap, making the girls squeak again. His arms wound around my waist. “We’re kind of your biggest fans.” the boy, Fallout, murmured.

The girls were whispering hurriedly, their heads pushed together. The one with long brown hair looked up at me and grinned, launching back into the conversation with even more speed than before.

“Ignore Shadow and Night. They’re kinda stupid.” Fallout smirked, slapping the girls’ heads.

“Hey!” the one with long black hair smacked his ass.

“Ow! Don’t hit me there, Shadow!” Fallout shouted. The two of them had a small slap fight.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Mary shouted, ducking into the room, Bun, Kit and Smurf behind her.

The two froze, hands on each other still. Everyone was awake now, the guys sitting up. Ghoul wasn’t meeting me with his usual glare when my eyes fell on him.

Stix moved in front of the girls and Fallout. “Ignore them please. They’re idiots.” She looked over her shoulder at the three gaping at her.

Night was bouncing in place as Stix shook out her pale blue hair. “You probably don’t remember me, Rage, but you saved me during a raid.””

My eyes widened. “I did?” she looked at me, her brown eyes burning. “I did! I left you with Dr. D about two years ago. Your hair is still short. How’s your leg?”

I remembered she’d gotten her leg hit in the calf. She rolled up her pant leg to reveal the dark scar. “Dr. D said I woulda died if you hadn’t got me there. That he owes you another one.”

Ghoul stood, his face hard, and turned to Star. “How do I get outside?”

“Oh, I’ll go too. I need some fresh air.” She led him into my baby’s room.

“What now, Rage?” Mary sighed, standing next to me. “We have ‘Our Biggest Fans’ to deal with now.” her voice was a breath in my ear.

“We can’t leave just yet, Mary. I need to tune up the engine and drop by D’s to get some food and gas.” Mary groaned quietly and walked away.

The Killer twins followed her. Smurf looked at me, her eyes shining with interest. “Mary doesn’t like Pixie Stix.” She murmured, making the fans gasp.

Stix was watching the hole the girls had gone through with concerned eyes. “Why?” she looked at me, her dark eyes shadowed by the lantern.

“She’s jealous.” Smurf murmured again. My eyes flicked to her, a smile pulling at my lips.

“You sure are talkative today, Smurf.” Her cheeks burned, making me laughed softly. “I’m assuming she’s jealous that I saved you before I saved her.”

Mary burst back into the room. “I am not jealous!” the twins grabbed her arms. “I’m mad that the guys are already weighing us down and now we have four more to hold us back!” she wasn’t struggling against the twins as she spat her fire.

“Mary!” I snapped. Her face fell as she realized how mad I was. I stood and crossed the room.
The twins backed off, clasping each other’s hands. They knew how mad I was, too.
I slapped Mary across her cheek, making her head turn to the side. A harsh breath exited her mouth as my hand connected.

Gaspes echoed around the room as Mary looked at me, a red handprint blooming on her cheek, eyes wide. “You don’t like it, leave. I’m not gonna stop you. But while you’re here, you will be kind to others as long as they pose no threat.”

She nodded slowly, closing her mouth. After a moment, she muttered a soft “I understand” and sat in the the spot where she stood.

“Harsh.” Poison whispered in my ear as I sat next to him. Star and Ghoul came back, ducking through a hole.

“What’d we miss?” Star murmured, sitting next to me.

I shook my head, looking at Ghoul. Something was wrong with him, I could tell. “Hey Ghoul, wamma come with me and Smurf to Dr. D’s?”

He looked at me, confusion in his eyes. “S-ure.” He muttered, his gaze falling ot the dirt floor.

I stood and stretched. “We leave in five minutes. Star, I want you to get Ghoul a backpack and when we go, shut the ramp.” She nodded. “Okay then.”
Sign up to rate and review this story