Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Together

My Brother

by DisenchatedDestroya 6 reviews

"A soul mate. A true love." Read, review, rate and feel my love! :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-04-27 - Updated: 2012-04-28 - 1341 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Fourteen – My Brother

Pete’s POV




“Why should I let you date my brother, Creeper?”

I jump at the challenging snarl, my body curling instinctively around the emotionally exhausted sleeping beauty in my sturdy arms. It’s the first thing Gerard’s said to me since I strolled in two hours ago, eleven at night, with my sleeping boyfriend cradled to my chest like a precious treasure in the hands of a jewel thief. We stayed to watch the sunset, him snuggled into me as I told him how he’s way more beautiful than any golden glint in the sky, and then we just sat there in the car for a good three hours.

Not just sitting though; singing along to Green Day, telling funny stories, kissing and grabbing like flames taking grip of a palace. He fell asleep at some point on the homeward journey and he looks too adorable in sleep for me to want to wake him up.

So I carried him in, his fragile form acting as a human shield from what Gerard might possibly wish to be doing to me right now. For showing Mikey that someone cares about him enough to love him and as a result I got the best form of thanks I could ever have dreamt of; I got Mikey Way for a boyfriend. Not just some silly little teenage romance or a five minute fling, but as an actual partner. A soul mate. A true love.

Now I’ve just got to make Gerard see that too; see that I would never hurt Sweetness even if I could, which I can’t. Because I love him. And he loves me back.

Just like Gerard loves ‘Trick.

Unless, of course, it’s normal for two best friends to be on top of each other and eating one another’s faces on the couch. As they were when Mikey and I got in; making me see a side to ‘Trick that I never even wanted to think existed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the guy and I want nothing more than for him to be as in love with Gerard as I am with Mikey, but seeing him making-out with my boyfriend’s big brother? That was something my mind could really have done without. Especially seeing as Gerard had been busy undoing Patrick’s belt at the time.

With his goddamned teeth.

I shudder at the memory, one that made ‘Trick run from the couch to his bedroom in a flash of bright red cheeks and girly giggles, and then regard Gerard with a steady look. I’m going to do what I should have done on Saturday; I’m going to be calm and sensible, for once in my life, because it’s the only way that I’m ever going to win around Gerard. The guy that had his hands all over ‘Trick.

Honestly, it was like something out of a motherfucking porno. Apart from one of the participants was my best friend; the closest thing I have to family after Mikey. Practically my big brother. And, let’s face it, who wants to watch their big brother getting molested by someone who scares the living shit out of you?

Hang on. Big brother? I think I just might have something here.

“Why should I let you date mine?” I smirk at him coolly; earning a pair of raised eyebrows from him and an intrigued look on his face that tells me I’ve got him right where I need him to be if this is going to work. Which it absolutely has to. “You’re with ‘Trick now, right?”

A smug feeling of satisfaction radiates through me at the response I get; wide eyes and a bright blush. Just like ‘Trick when I told the two of them to get a room earlier this evening. There’s something guarded in his eyes, a hidden secret that I can only just pick up on and it tells me all that I need to know. He loves Patrick. And I want them to be together if that’s what makes them happy. Just like he should want me and Sweetness be together; because I can make that cute sweetheart smile with just a wave of the wand of my lips.

Gerard nods, averting his eyes to be fixed on my sleeping boyfriend to hide the redness in his cheeks, and sighs; making me smile at how much of a lovesick dog he sounds.

“Well, the guy’s like a brother to me, Gerard. He took me in when nobody else would and he’s always been here for me no matter what. He’s too nice for his own good though, far too trusting.” I pause, seeing that I’ve captured the entirety of Gerard’s attention, and then continue on seriously. “So it’s my job to make sure he doesn’t get hurt by people.”

“And you think I’d hurt him?” He laughs incredulously, shaking his head at me in something akin to disgust.

Perfect.

“Just as much as you think I’d hurt Sweetness.” At the mention of his nickname, my bundle of sweet perfection wriggles closer to me, soft snores becoming muffled by the cushioning of my tummy. I soothe a hand over his hair, cherishing the way it feels like grains of gold against my fingers, and lean down to press a kiss to his forehead; letting him know that I’m right here with him before another nightmare can take it’s chance to pounce. “Look at him, Gerard. I could never do anything less than love Sweetness.”

The older Way does as instructed, a strange light taking on his eyes when they drink in the image of the half of Mikey Way that isn’t currently embedded in my body, and an almost wistful look falls across his face. The kind that makes my heart twist and shatter because I know what he’s seen my poor little boyfriend go through; because I can just about get my head around his unwillingness to trust anyone with Mikey. I don’t think I would either if I were him. But I need him to trust me, for Mikey’s own good as well as mine.

“I know, Gee. He told me about what your dad used to do to him and about what the kids at school still do. He needs someone to love him, just like ‘Trick needs you, and I want to be that someone, Gerard.” I stop, letting the intensity of my tone wash through the room; it’s the most sincere thing I’ve ever said to anyone other than when I told Mikey that I love him. “I am going to be that someone. With or without your consent. But without will make things a lot harder on Sweetness.”

I hold my breath, praying to every omnipotent force that I can think of, and a few I made up, that I’ve done enough as he looks me up and down with new eyes. Eyes willing to understand.

“Okay, Creeper. I’ll give you a shot. Hurt my brother though, and I will kill you.”

A brief smile cracks onto Gee’s face, making my own beam of delight fight to be seen in the darkness of the living room. Because I’ve managed to do it; I’ve managed to make everything good for my sweet little boyfriend just like I knew I would from the moment I saw him.

Like I will continue to do until the world burns black.

“Right back at you, Geetard. Right back at you.”



The End.








A/N: So that’s the end of that. Not the greatest ending ever, but I hope you liked it! Thank you very much to anyone who has read/reviewed/rated this story; you guys honestly make my day! Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story