Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Nobody's Perfect, So Stop Trying.

Nobody's Perfect, So Stop Trying.

by BulletproofNinja 16 reviews

The guys, 10 years on. Happy endings?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-02 - Updated: 2021-01-19 - 2212 words

4Moving
Here it is! The epilogue! I'm so sorry for the long wait! What was it, 2 weeks? Well, however long it was, I'm sorry. I've had a lot on my plate recently, what with exams and home stuff, I just haven't had the time to write. But when I did finally get to writing this, I remembered why I loved it. I struggled to find something to write about in this, but I'm quite happy with the result. So I hope you enjoy it! Rate and review to let me know what you think!

~BulletproofNinja xo



Epilogue

Gerard's POV

'Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart
Though you try, you'll never break me
We want it all, we wanna play this part

Won't explain or say I'm sorry
I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar
Give a cheer for all the broken
Listen here, because it's who we are

I'm just a man, I'm not a hero!
Just a boy who wants to sing his song
Just a man, I'm not a hero"
I! don't! care!

We'll carry on!'

I close my eyes as I punch my fist into the air, dragging out the last note as long as possible. When I can no longer breathe, I stop and remain with my head facing the ceiling. I let the sounds of our fans wash over me as I regain my breath. Then, finally, I turn to face the crowd. There must be thousands of people here, all to see us. Our band. My Chemical Romance.

Turns out that the little idea we had in my room ten years ago wasn't just an idea. We made it happen. Mikey, Frank, Ray, Bob and I. We made it. And now we're all living the dream together, on stage and performing for thousands of fans.

I take one more look out at the crowded arena, listening to all of the screams and shouts of the people out there, and I can't fight back the ear splitting grin that graces my features. I don't know how I ever got this lucky. Why did I get to live the dream that so many people want? I get to tour with my best friends- and of course, my boyfriend. Frank and I have been dating for about ten years now, and we're still as strong as ever. I turn to look at the man himself, only to find him jumping up and down, shouting out at the fans. He's so full of life, he puts everything he has into these performances. My heart flutters as I watch him.

The fans don't know that Frank and I are dating, they just think that the kissing we do onstage is 'stage gay', or whatever they call it. It's not that we're ashamed of the fact that we're together, it's just that we wanted a little privacy, something that was secret and special to us. So we kept it secret from the fanbase.

I feel a sudden surge of energy after watching my Frankie, and I begin running along the front of the stage, reaching out and touching the hands of the people I pass. I can't explain the complete and utter elation I feel whenever I'm on stage, it just can't be put into words. When I'm on stage, it's like I become a whole other person, someone more confident, someone who can let loose. It's just the most liberating feeling in the world.

Suddenly, I stop in my tracks, straightening up to address the crowd.

"Do you know what I love most about performing onstage for you guys?" I hear a mass of people shout in unison. I'm unable to distinguish specific answers, but I carry on anyway. "There's just a certain amount of love here that you don't find anywhere else." The crowd cheers even louder at that. "You know what I mean? Like, here, everybody fits in. You guys are all part of the same community here, and I think that's great. That's the whole point of this band, so that people have something that they feel a part of, and that they feel they're not alone." The crowd respond with louder screams, more enthusiastic than ever. "I fucking love you guys!"

I turn my back to the crowd and start dancing my way to the back of the stage, Ray and the others strumming random chords on their instruments. A little voice appears in my ear. "I love you, you crazy bastard!" Frank chuckles through the dead mic.

"I love you too, you sexy motherfucker!" I respond loudly into the real microphone, so everybody in the room can hear me. I laugh at the confusion written on the fans' faces, and begin to scan the crowd again. I see a couple of kids with banners, some with messages saying 'I love you, Frank' or 'I want your babies' and some other funny ones like that. But one banner catches my eye. 'You guys are perfect!' is written in bold black letters across a large red piece of cardboard. This triggers a memory in my mind, and I feel the need to speak up. I turn to Frank, who gives me a wink before I address the room.

"You know, I always used to say how nobody was perfect. And I stand by that statement to this day." The room is a lot quieter, each person hanging onto my every word. "But you know what? There's just one person I know who even comes close to the word." I turn to look at Frankie thoughtfully, my lips pursed as I think of what to say. He just looks at me blankly, unsure of where I'm going with my little speech.

"That man.. That wonderful little bastard over there..." My fingers brush through my short white hair as I exhale sharply. "He's pretty amazing, more so than you could ever believe... I mean, everyone in this band is exceptional in their own ways, but he's helped me through my darkest times, stood by me through it all, something that I will be forever grateful for. But I don't think he knows just how much I appreciate it." I turn to face the short guitarist, who's eyes are now swimming with tears. "Frank Iero... Frankie.... Thank you, so much. I can never repay you for what you've done for me." We make eye contact and I give him a knowing smile, trying to let him know exactly how much he means to me with just one look. I smirk one last time before returning my attention to the crowd.

"Can I have a big round of applause for this amazing man!" The whole building erupts into a mass of cheering, clapping and screaming as fans show their appreciation of Frank. I turn to look at him once more, and I see him crying freely now, hands covering his face. I stretch my arms out, gesturing for him to come toward me. He wipes his eyes, removes his guitar from his shoulders and runs into my arms, the force so big that I stumble backwards. I hug him as tight as I can, not bothering to fight back the tears gracing my warm cheeks. I can hear Mikey, Ray and Bob clapping from behind us as well, and we both turn to look as Bob stands up on his little podium. He gives a loud shout, before ripping his shirt open to reveal another one underneath, one that reads 'We love Frankie'.

The crowds' cheers suddenly stop merging into one mass of indistinct noise, and forms loud chants of 'we love frankie.' repeated over and over. I, along with the other guys in the band join in, all cheering for our best friend. Frank's stopped crying now and he's laughing, looking happier than ever.

"Oh, Gerard, I love you so much." Without thinking, he gives me a quick kiss on the lips. His action makes the chanting seize, only for the noise level to resume in yet another mass of hysteria. Frank looks worried for a second, before smirking at me and pushing himself towards the other side of the stage again. He begins twirling and jumping about, laughing his crazy little head off.

"Right, you crazy motherfuckers, who's ready for more music?!" I shout into the microphone, jumping high into the air. "This one's called 'Heaven Help Us'!"

~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~

My mind is running at a hundred miles an hour as I prance off stage, saying one final goodbye to the fans that make us who we are. My whole body is just filled with so much energy, adrenaline pumping through my veins. Nothing can beat this feeling, it puts me in the greatest mood ever. The band all make their way backstage, where Frank immediately flops down on the couch. Although to be honest, I can't say I'm surprised that he's tired, he never stops moving out there.

"Great show tonight, you guys." I say, clapping Ray on the back as I pass. I make my way over to the couch where Frank is sprawled across the cushions. I sit down on the arm, resting my arm behind me on the back of the cushions.

"Us? Gerard, where did that speech come from?" Mikey asks wonderingly. "I got a little choked up there!" He laughs. I shrug my shoulders, contemplating my next words.

"... I dunno, I just.... I guess I just wanted to let people know that it's okay not to be 'perfect' or whatever people think is perfect. I want them to know that it's okay to be a little messed up. Because there's five other guys up on that stage that are just as messed up as them." I feel small, warm fingers weave their way through mine, squeezing my hand affectionately.

"Well, I thought it was nice. Really heartfelt and honest. But God, that was embarrassing for me, you sneaky bastard." Frank chuckles, his head moving to rest on my lap.

"You brought it on yourself, you were the one who kissed me! Now the fans are going to be all 'Frerard for life, fuck yeah!' and shit like that." I laugh, stroking his black hair, shaggy around his ears.

"I couldn't help myself, you know how I get when you compliment me." He sits up and nuzzles into my side, kissing my arm. "Oh, and by the way... Why do you have a t shirt like that, Bob?" Everyone in the room turns to face the blond haired drummer, who giggles nervously and rubs his beard.

"Okay... I know how this could look creepy, but.... I just felt like I would need it tonight. A fan threw it at me a couple of weeks ago and I never touched it until tonight. I guess my intuition is still badass. Oh my GOD!!! I'm totally psychic!!!" His eyes widen, as though he genuinely believes he's turned psychic.

"Uhh... Sure, honey, you're psychic." Ray ruffles his hair and kisses his temple.

"Well, it's still a freaky coincidence." Frank says, his eyebrows pushed together. "Anyway, Gerard, I fucking love you." I look down at him, startled.

"Why? What did I do?" He rolls his eyes and looks up at me.

"Aren't I allowed to tell my boyfriend that I love him every now and again?" He chuckles.

"I love you too, Frankie... You're the best. And I meant every word of what I said on stage."

"Well, I hope you know that I think exactly the same about you. Seriously, Gerard, you have no idea how special you are. Everybody in that room tonight fucking worships you. They all love you. Obviously not as much as I do." He adds laughing. "But seriously, you're abso-frickin'-lutely amazing and I love you so much."

"Aww, Frankie!" I bend my head to kiss him. "I love you too!"

"To think we've been together for 10 years." Frank sighs with content, a small smile etched upon his beautiful features. "I'm so glad you haven't gotten bored of me yet." I scoff incredulously.

"Really? You think I'd be the one to get bored of you/? Frank, you're like the most adorable, funny, awesome, interesting and /amazing guy I know. If anything, you'd be the one to get bored of me."

"Gerard, I could never get bored of you. You're beautiful, you're kind, you're caring, you're ridiculously talented and I just love you for it. Everything about you, I love you for it."

"So, it looks like we're stuck with each other then." I state, sliding off of the arm of the couch to sit next to Frank. He leans his head on my shoulder and sighs happily.

"I guess we are, Gee."

So that's it. The story's finished (._.) I'm actually really sad about it, I loved writing this. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. You guys have been fantastic readers, I really appreciate it!
Until the next story,
~BulletproofNinja xo

Ooh, andfif you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you'd check out my new one-shot. It's a bonfire night fluffy one! :P Link here ----> http://www.ficwad.com/story/205001
Sign up to rate and review this story