Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > this is life in the zones.

who exactly is cyanide?

by frankiero_is_my_hero 4 reviews

I’m not looking for sympathy. I don’t need it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-05-21 - Updated: 2012-05-21 - 974 words

1Moving


“Destroyah… who exactly is Cyanide?” I asked her as we sped back to the base.

“Well… erm… Riot… before all this happened… Riot was my best friend…y’know.” She started after thinking about what she was going to say, if she was going to say anything at all. “Back before all of this… we went to school together, we were the two misfits, the two social delinquents. The two that lived in their heads, music being their life… not having music is one of the things I miss more than anything. We were the emo freaks that no one bothered to be nice to. And one day this new girl came to our school… her name was Laura. She was just like us; she had pink and purple hair and was what everyone would call… a slitter. She self-harmed. After about two months of Riot liking Laura… he asked her out on a date. They went out for about seven moths getting closer and closer… and it felt like every time they got closer together… me and Riot… got further apart.” She stopped to look up at me as I was driving slightly slower than before.

“Laura… she was eighteen and Riot was sixteen… and Laura was wasted and high. And she… another guy got her pregnant. She was pregnant and Riot was madly in love with her. I could see that it killed him inside when he found out that her baby wasn’t his. So I helped Riot through it thinking that it would make our friendship better, and they stayed together in the end… they worked everything out. This was nine years ago. Riots 25 now…” she said then stopped for a second.

“Whoa. I only thought Riot was like… what… nineteen!” I said completely shocked at my newly found information.

“Yeah… when Laura went into labour… it was the day all this started. Laura’s waters broke in an alley way while we were on our way to my house to hide. She gave birth in an alleyway. When the ambulance got here they cut the cord and were just about to lift Laura into the ambulance when the dracs came. They had been ordered to find and capture anyone who looked like they would cause trouble… and what with us dressed the way we were… we were prime targets. So they shot Laura, in front of us as she refused to move, and Riot was trying to get to her and to save the baby. Now… if I hadn’t grabbed one of the dracs guns and changed the setting to stun… he would have died. I lifted the gun up to his head and he thought that I was going to kill him. He looked at me with these eyes… that honestly thought there best friend was going to kill them…I’m never gonna forget the look of outright terror on his face as I pulled the trigger. I stunned him… and all this time… the baby was lying in the ambulance.” She sighed before carrying on.

“And they took me away to be tested on, to be experimented on and used as a guinie pig. Look…” she said as she lifted her arm up to where I had seen her ribbon wrapped around her wrist.

I watched her unwrap it, letting it fall in her lap. I slowed right down so I could have a look even though there was nothing to crash into here!

Her whole arm was covered in scars… criss-crossed and deep.
I didn’t really know what to say…

“That was them. That was bl/ind they did this to me. And that’s what scares me more than anything else… more than dying in fact…that one day… I will be just like them. That I will become a drac. An emotionless piece of nothing. But I escaped… I got out. I tricked the guard into thinking I had taken the pills they left for me every morning and I got out. I climbed the wall! It’s like…. Well… you’ve seen the bl/ind places haven’t you Poison…” she said again looking up at me.

“Oh… Destroyah! I’m so sorry! I can’t even begin to imagine how horrid that must have been!” I said picking up the speed again.

“No. no you can’t… but that doesn’t matter… I’m not looking for sympathy. I don’t need it. Anyways… it took me a year… a year exactly. To get out of that place. I did it though. It took me another three months to find Riot… and by then… he had just caved in on himself. Cyanide was still so small… she was only just alive. Riot only just had enough to feed her let alone himself too… so he was slowly starving himself… but when I joined back up with them we went to see my nan… she is… was… a great lady! She fed us… got us back up on our feet, gave us the van and bike… but she passed away last year… natural causes… but Cyanide doesn’t really know any of this…me and Riot are the closest thing to parents Cyanide has. I miss Laura you know. She was my other best friend. I didn’t hate her…” she trailed off and looked down at her arm. “I don’t know why I have told you all this… I have only known you two days…”

“Well… you can trust me Destroyah… honestly… and if you ever need a chat… I’m here…” I said smiling sympathetically at her.

“Thanks Poison…” then she just turned away from me and looked out the window to where I could see the base.


faily long chapter...:3 please rate and review!!!
-ebony xo
Sign up to rate and review this story