Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Speechless

Brighter Than a Star

by DisenchatedDestroya 3 reviews

Brendon finally gets the balls to just do it. Read, review, rate and feel my love! :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2012-05-22 - Updated: 2012-05-22 - 1560 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brighter Than a Star


Brendon's POV










Saturday night’s date night. Not just for me and my Mikey, but seemingly for everyone else as well; Gerard’s taken Frank to the cinema to see some low-budget teen-slasher flic and Pete’s gone out too, not to just to the clubs in search of a quick fuck either. With Mikey’s new friend, Patrick Stump.

At first I was a little wary of Trick, just as I am with anyone who wants to get close to Mikey, but by the time he’d finished his first mouthful of extra-large mocha at our first meeting in the local Starbucks this past Thursday, nothing could have convinced me that he’s not a saint. He must be if he can make my baby smile.

When Pete said that he’s taking Trick out for dinner tonight I wasn’t all that surprised. Firstly because Pete’s known to want to bang anything with a pulse and secondly because the two instantly bonded upon our first group meeting; Trick’s peaches-and-cream voice making Pete blush for the first time in the history of Ever. Pete returning the favour by opting to sit on Trick’s lap when all other seats were taken. By nine o’clock on Thursday evening, the pair were inseparable. Literally as well as metaphorically.

It’s funny, really, how our entire group seems to be a matchmaking service for one another. Not that I mind of course. If anything I find watching all of my best friends pair off rather fulfilling, if a little adorable. Until, of course, they start making out in front of me.

If what Gerard and Frank did the other day can be classed as mere making-out.

Gerard. He’s been hounding me for the past week about something that I’m finally going to resolve tonight; because tonight, laid out on the grassy hillside and watching the stars together, I’m going to ask Mikey Way to officially be my boyfriend. All mine, forever and always.

He’s nestled into me right now; the two of us snuggled together atop my overused leather jacket, with his head against my chest as though it’s the comfiest thing in the world. I’ve got one arm around his shoulders, keeping him close in the cold, and the other bent lazily behind my head. The sky’s clear, the stars all shining down on us as though glinting there approval at what I’m about to do.

What I’ve only waited so long to do because I have to be sure that Mikey’s ready for a relationship and that I have all the knowledge that I need in order to be the best boyfriend for him that I possibly can be. Because my Mikey only ever deserves the best. Just like I only want the best boy to call my own.

And Mikey’s better than the best. Way better than what I thought was the best anyway; way better than Ryan Ross, my old friend-with-benefits. Now my most loathed enemy for what he puts my soon to be boyfriend through even though he knows full well how hard things are for Mikey. I even told the bastard, explained to him in the hopes of catching a glimpse of my old best friend, but no. After that conversation things stayed exactly the same, maybe even got a little worse.

A willowy finger prods gently into my chest, coincidentally right on top of the heart that only beats for the owner of aforementioned finger, and I look down at an extremely blissful-looking Mikey Way. My heart flutters slightly at seeing him, hair straightened in such a way that it tells me he wants to be beautiful for me, at seeing that platinum smile which always makes me feel like a billionaire for having it held in my gaze. I let out a little noise of recognition to let him know that he’s got my attention and then he points upwards.

A shooting star.

As it sprinkles the night with it’s romantically golden dust, there is only one thing that I can think of to wish for; my Mikey’s happiness to always be as intact as it is right now, for the depression and the bullies to just disappear. After all, that’s the very least he deserves.

Taking it as some sort of sign from above, I press my lips lightly onto his until I can feel him beaming into the kiss and prepare myself for a conversation (of sorts) that will change my life forever no matter what the outcome.

“I love you, MiWay. You know that, right?” The slight hint of desperation makes me blush slightly and makes Mikey’s lips twitch into an almost-smirk, just a lot less menacing than the kind that Frank and Pete are always giving.

Mikey nods happily, reaching for his whiteboard and taking his time perfecting each curved letter of his side of our discussion. I like that he’s not rushing; that’s something he only does when he isn’t entirely comfortable with the person on the receiving end because he’s scared of them laughing at his need to write out his thoughts.

I love you too, Honey-B. You’re too good to me.

I melt away a little into the huge abyss of love at the use of his adorable nickname for me, another thing that indicates my possession over his trust.

“Nothing’s too good for you, Sweetie. Only not good enough.” I purr down, taking his lips in my own again.

Apart from this time it’s deeper, almost lustful, gasping into one another’s mouths. Mikey’s tongue being the exact opposite of it’s owner as it dances confidently around my mouth, making me moan against his baby-soft lips and gnaw down lightly on his lower one. Just the way he likes it. Our mouths tango back and forth for an eternity that feels like a millisecond before I pull away, splaying my tongue up his nose in that special lick I do that always makes him wheeze in delight.

Everything about the way I kiss is for him, to make him happy. Not to maximise my pleasure, but his. Because that’s how much I love him. And it shows how much I don’t love Ryan; when I’ve kissed him in the past, I always did whatever I thought would improve it for me, not make him beam like Mikes is right now.

Mikey’s just the same for me. He thinks I don’t notice how much thought and effort he puts into something as small as a kiss, but I do. I really fucking do. Back when I kissed him for the first time, he was all timid and shy with it. But he’s learnt a lot since then, like what things to do to make me moan, and he could give even Ryan Ross a run for his money at it.

Yet another reason why I love him. Love him enough to make him officially mine.

“I’ve been thinking, Sweetie.”

Uh-oh!

I let out a laugh at his joke, fully appreciating the kind of courage it takes for him to build up the assurance just to make the small piece of playfulness on his whiteboard. Another thing that makes my soul turn to sludge from the burning heat of my blazing heart.

God, I’ve got it bad for the kid.

So bad that it’s good. Amazing. Gooder than amazing.

In reaction I feign a look of hurt shock, laying it on extra-thick so that Mikes knows that I’m only messing around and in return I get a peek of his tongue sticking out at me. His long, wet tongue that frequently enters my dreams in a much less than innocent way.

“Cheeky minx.” I smirk, catching his tongue with my own before he has the chance to properly pull it back in, making him blush like a schoolgirl on prom night. “But seriously, I’ve been thinking.” He nods, rubbing his face against my chest and fixing me with an earnest look of interest, moonlight gleaming in the lenses of his trademark glasses. “And well, I really do love you, Mikey. I was wondering if… uh… if…”

Big, brown eyes blink up at me, eyelashes batting like my heart is and waiting patiently for me to finish.

Here goes everything.

“Michael James Way, will you do me the honour of becoming my boyfriend?”

Before I can even congratulate myself for managing to get it out, a pair of soft lips are all over my face, taking me aback with his sudden glowing confidence. The kind that he occasionally manages to gather whenever it’s just the two of us and nobody else.

Two boyfriends together. Forever.







A/N: Sorry if this is kinda shitty, but I really wanted to write something a little lighter to stop this series becoming abysmally depressing/heavy. Don’t worry though, the misery shall most likely return in the next chapter! Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think! :)



Song of The Chapter: "In Your Arms" by Stanfour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZlTPlXVss&ob=av2e
Sign up to rate and review this story