Categories > Original > Drama > Chicana

Me too

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

“You’re such a cheater.” I whispered harshly. He laughs devilishly. We just continue kissing. His hands roam my body.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-06-03 - Updated: 2012-06-03 - 2379 words

0Unrated
I give Smiley directions to my house. My face throbbing and my head pounding. “Damn!” He said when we pulled into the driveway.
“Yup,” I sighed and got out. “Come in.” I invited Smiley. I could tell he was nervous. I don’t know why though. Maybe because he was going to meet my dad or my dad wouldn’t like him. Or maybe it had nothing to do with my dad. Only he knows.
I opened the door to my dad cooking in the kitchen. It smelled terrific. When he heard us come in he turned around with a smile on his face and a rag over his shoulder. “Guess what-“ He was cut off by the sight of my face, which I assumed was swollen and bruised. I could feel it. “What happened to you?” He rushed over to me. He lifted my face so he could get a better look.
“I got punched in the face.” I said calmly.
“I can see that! By who?” He snapped. My dad was getting heated and I don’t blame him.
I sighed, “Ricky.” When I uttered his name my dad’s face was that of shock and in a flash rage. He turned bright red and grinded his teeth.
“Where is that motherfucker! Imma kill him!” My dad threw down his rag and headed passed me.
“The cops have him in custody.” I said and my dad stopped in the doorway. “With him behind bars there isn’t much you can do but wish he rots in there, Dad.” He knew I was right. He slammed the door shut and rapidly paced near the stairs. “Dad, just calm down. I think he meant to hit Smiley here, not me. Smiley tried to push me aside, but it was too late.” I explained.
“Calm down!? Look what he did to your face, mija!”
“But working yourself up when he’s already being punished doesn’t solve anything, nor does it help the situation!” I argued. My dad just sighed loudly and plumped himself on the bottom step.
“Well, at least you’re safe now. And you have a good friend.” He looked up at Smiley. I nodded.
“Yeah, he’s a keeper.” I smiled and nudged him. His stoic face broke into a small smirk.
“Well, let’s eat, shall we?” My dad ran a hand through his hair and got up. I nodded. “Smiley, would you like to stay for dinner? It’s the least I can do is offer you food after you protected my only daughter.”
“I would love to, sir, but I’ve got to get back home.” Smiley said.
“Well, some other time then.” My dad smiled.
“I’ll give you a ride back.” I headed towards the door and back out to the car.
Driving Smiley home was awkward. Neither of us spoke of what happened or how we felt about the situation, or what we thought was going to happen. We just kept to ourselves. But as I pull up to his apartment he says, “Thank you, Raquel, for a very interesting day. I can’t wait to tell my mom.” He said in sarcasm.
“Shut up!” I nudged him in the arm and he laughed.
“No, but seriously. You’re proving to me how much a friend you are compared to my other friends, and what a real friend is.” He placed his hand upon mine ever so gently. His tender eyes saw behind the mask I always put on in the morning and carefully took off before bed. Not even Ricky could ever see that. There was something about Smiley that made me open up and feel comfortable around him. “Thank you.” He leaned in and kissed my cheek. I closed my eyes. The kiss seemed to last a lifetime. It was sensual and sexy. His soft lips made my cheek tingle. Could anybody feel this way? With my eyes still closed Smiley left the car. I was breathless. I opened my eyes and saw he had vanished. I grinned and bit my lip. I drove back home distracted from the small kiss. Walking through the door my dad saw my stupid grin and shook his head at me as I jogged upstairs. I just bit my lip and laid down on my bed thinking of Smiley.

Back at school on a Monday morning with a bruised face was not a walk in the park. People were noticing my, but not in a good way. People whispered and spread their rumors, teachers were staring, but only Smiley knew the truth and that’s all that mattered to me.
In cartooning all that week Smiley and I flirted. Joking, laughing, touching and smiling. I was comfortable around him. I could say something stupid and have him make fun of me for it without feeling self-conscious. It was fun to flirt, even looking the way I did. Smiley didn’t care, and neither did I.
After school I found Smiley at his locker. “Hey!” I smiled.
“Hey,” He greeted.
“I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner. And you could bring your family. For once your mom won’t need to cook and your little brothers can play the Wii. And Andrea can play with my makeup.” I suggested.
“That’s sounds like fun.” He smiled.
“I’ll drive you home and ask your mom.” I said. He nodded and we headed over to his apartment.
“Ama!” Smiley called.
“Que quieres, mijo?” Smiley’s mom greeted us in the living room. “How are you, mija?” She asked as she hugged me.
“I’m good.” I smiled.
“That’s good to hear with what happened to you.” She nodded. Then she looked over at Smiley waiting for his answer.
“Raquel invited us over for dinner at her house.” He said. Then she looked over at me.
“Yeah, it’ll be a lot of fun. My dad’ll cook.” I grinned, but I could see the uncertainty in her eyes.
“Okay,” She nodded. I grinned again and was so excited for tonight.
“Awesome! I’ll come pick you guys up around 6:30. If that’s good for you?” I asked. She nodded and I left with a smile on my face.

Later, I set the table and my dad was in the kitchen baking a whole chicken with a side of corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy, and for desert a triple chocolate cake. I left around 6 o’clock to pick Smiley and his family up in my dad’s SUV. They were all dressed nice. “You all look great!” I complimented them.
“Thanks! I try.” Smiley said in the passenger seat. I laughed and we headed back to my house
The food was amazing. I could tell my dad and Smiley’s mom were getting along great by their laughter. The boys, even Andrea, were playing Wii Sports. That left Smiley and I to head upstairs to my room. “Wow! You have a nice room.” Smiley said. I smiled. “You have a lot of books and art supplies.” He observed. “You must really like to read and draw.”
“Obviously,” I laughed and kicked off my flats. I tied up my hair and sat on the bed. Smiley sat at my desk. “So..” I said.
“What do you wanna do?” Smiley asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. We just sat there in silence. “Raquel, I have to tell you something.”
“Yeah,”
“I-I…I like you. A lot. And more than just a friend.” He hung his head low afraid I was going to reject him and he didn’t want me to see the pain in his eyes when I did. But it was the complete opposite. My heart lurched forward in excitement! I got up from the bed and lifted his head. I smashed my lips onto his. It was the kiss I had been waiting for ever since the fight.
At first he made no movement. But then he started to kiss me back gently. We stayed like that for a good five minutes. We only pulled apart to breathe and then walked over to my bed and laid down side by side. We stared kissing again, but this time it was more intense and loving. He laid his hand on my hip tenderly. He was warm and soft. His touch was loving, and so was his kiss.
We stopped and just stared at each other. “Marcelino!” I heard his mom call.
“I have to go.” He said and touched his forehead with mine. He smiled and kissed me before getting up. I followed him out and down the stairs.
“Thank you for dinner. It was delicious.” Marcelino’s mom thanked Dad. I put on my slippers and drove them home. Everyone piled out of the car and waved goodbye to me.
“Bye!” I said and waved. They were such nice people. I knew we were all going to be long term friends. Ruben stayed behind in the passenger seat. He unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned over and kissed me. His full lips sucking gently on my bottom lip, his hand on my cheek. As I felt him pull away and pulled his lips back to mine. He giggled and smiled into the kiss, as did I. I place my hand atop his which was on my cheek. They were soft and warm.
“I’ll see you later.” He smiled. I nodded and we parted ways.
I got home with another stupid grin stretching across my face. My dad, cleaning up the kitchen, he looked up and shook his head again. “When will you ever learn?” He asked.
“Someday, but not today.” I said and ran upstairs. I fling myself on my bed and sigh. I felt like floating away.
I showered and got ready for bed. While I was tying my long braid I heard a small tap on my window. I finished tying it and walked cautiously towards the window. It was dark so I couldn’t see anything. I pulled my curtains aside and I see Smiley smiling at me. My jaw dropped. I slowly and silently opened the window. “What the hell are you doing?” I giggled.
“I couldn’t wait any longer.” He rapidly climbed the tree and came through the window and kissed me longingly. I melted into his arms. As we pulled apart we knew we didn’t want to, but we needed to breathe. “Raquel, I’ve never felt like this about any other girl I’ve dated.” He whispered and held me close.
“Me either.” I hugged him and nuzzled my face into his neck. “You smell good.” I giggled. He chuckled and my head vibrated against his chest.
“I always smell good. Gotta be fresh and swaggin’ every day for my groupies.” He smiled and I slapped him on his bicep.”Ow!” He smiled.
“Shhh!” I shushed and then giggled. “My dad’s asleep, and if he finds you in here he’ll flip shit.” I warned.
“No he won’t! You’re dad thinks I’m great!”
“Shhh!” I shushed him again. He just laughed and kissed me. His tongue found its way into my mouth and was massaging my tongue. Everything got more heated when his hands wondered to my butt. I started playing with the hem of his shirt. I finally pulled it over his head and scraped my fingernails over his abs. I felt his goose bumps as he shivered under my touch. He moaned as my fingers grazed his hard nipples. I giggled.
“What?” He mumbled while kissing me. I just shook my head. I was getting tired of standing so I walked him backwards to the bed. We hit the mattress and fell over. We both laughed, and then looked into each other’s eyes. I straddled him as he laid back and we started kissing again. I started a string of kisses from his mouth to his navel. He seemed to like it as goose bumps spread throughout his body again. I came back to kiss him mouth, he then started taking off my tank top. Once over my head and tossed aside he pushed me over and was on top now.
“That’s not fair!” I played.
“Shhh!” He shushed me now.
“You’re such a cheater.” I whispered harshly. He laughs devilishly. We just continue kissing. His hands roam my body. I started unbuttoning his jeans and he did the same to my flannel pajama bottoms. I start pulling them down but then I heard my dad’s door open. I freeze. “Shit!” I muttered harshly. I pushed Smiley off the bed and grabbed his shirt n tossed it to him. “Shhh! Stay there!” I whisper and jump under the covers of my bed and shut my eyes. I slow my breathing down and appear to have been asleep this whole time. I hear my dad open my door, stand there for a while then close it. I sneak a peek and once I know he’s gone I sigh in relief. I sit up and look over at Smiley who’s trying hard not to laugh out loud and give my dad another reason to come in here. “That was close!” I giggle. He smiles and shakes his head. When I hear my dad coming back, we resume our former positions, but this time my dad doesn’t make a stop to check up on me, he just walks back to his room. I sit up once more and so does he. He then removed his pants and comes to lay next to me. I know we’re not going to have sex tonight. I just want to lay in his arms. Feel his muscles protecting me from the world’s harm. Feeling his hot breath on my skin and inhaling his scent.
I lay on his chest and hear his heartbeat. His thumb tracing circles on my arm. “I like being with you.” He says.
“Me too.” I say. His arms tighten around me. At that moment I realize that this is where I want to be for the rest of my life. In Smiley’s arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story