Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > Dodging a Bullet

Dodging a Bullet

by HeroIero 2 reviews

Reid and Morgan battle it out to see who can solve the case first. It starts out as banter, but could it end in death? Reid/Morgan (bromance)

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2012-06-05 - Updated: 2012-06-06 - 500 words

0Unrated

So, this is basically just the first chapter of many, but there's a few things you should know.
1. It is, for now, a narrative P.O.V
2. I ship both Reid/Morgan and Morgan/Garcia, so now, don't hate me
and 3. This chapter is kind of confusing, lay-out wise. Things in bold are Reid's mental reaction to Morgan's physical and verbal reactions.
Things in italics are Morgan's mental reaction to Reid's physical and verbal reactions.
Enjoy, and review!


"I'm not one for competition, but I'm gonna kick your ass!"
"Man, it's easy shit, we both know I'm gonna solve this first!"
"Derek, seriously, this case is MINE. I'm going to win, hands down." Spencer slapped onto tge table in front of him, affectively.
Derek snorted, grinning at Reid. Patting him on the back, he spoke in a consoling tone. "Not on this one, man. Books and brains aren't gonna help you here. You're gonna have to use your hands."
"That's what she said."
Both Derek and Spencer whipped their heads round to look at the computer in front of them, beside a half empty glass of champagne. Penelope Garcia smirked at the duo through the screen, who had been bickering away, whilst she had been sitting in her little gadget room, Skype still open on one of the many screens in front of her.
"Thanks for that baby," Derek grinned, then hit the 'END CALL' option on the screen, leaning back against his seat again. He looked up and down the aisle of the airplane, catching Gideon's eye. He received a subtle thumbs up and wink, before turning back to Reid once more.
"So, you and Garcia, hm?" Oh my God, he's wigging his eyebrows.
"NO! No, not at all. Why would you even-?" Oh my God, he's acting all affronted.
"Sh, just wondering, sh now." Is he reaching his hand towards me?
"No, but we're not-!" He looks so disgruntled!
"I know. I know, I was joking. Shh..." Oh my God, he is, his finger's all pointed and it's really close, oh my God.
"Reid, what are you even doi-?" Okay, shut up.
"Shh." What... What... His... What?
"Why have you got your finger on my mouth?" As Derek's mouth opened to ask this, Spencer's finger slipped, sliding down the valley leading from his nose to his lips, and he could suddenly taste salty, soft flesh against his tongue. This feels [/weird/]
Spencer whipped his hand back, wiping it safely on the white-cream leather headrest belonging to the chair he was now seated on. "That wasn't meant to happen. Now if you'll excuse me," He stood up, holding his arm out, his finger outstretched, "I'm going to sanitise. Thoroughly." He shuddered, then shuffled down the aisle to the bathrooms.
Well, that was sufficiently awkward.

***
A/N - So, what did you think? I hope you liked reading it as much as I liked writing it c:
I have plans, so please, review this to give me feedback? Thank you!
Sign up to rate and review this story