Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Typical

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-08 - Updated: 2012-06-08 - 1382 words

1Insightful
A/N: Abbie and Izzy win. End. Of. Story.

Typical

“That. Was. AWESOME!” Braelyn yelled when she hit the floor. Someone unhooked her and she went bouncing out of the landing zone towards her friends. Frankie caught her in a hug.

“Spectacular!” He shouted.

“Mikey’s about to go,” Topher pointed out.

They all started to holler words of encouragement to him and sooner rather than later he jumped. Afterwards they all walked backed to the hotel to meet Ray and Gerard for lunch before the madness of the day ensued.

Back in her room getting dressed for the afternoon’s schedule-meet and greet, sound check, concert, back on the bus- Braelyn’s phone buzzed. She checked it to see that Gerard tagged her in a tweet. “Found a video that I think @BraelynPorter will enjoy ;)”

She tweeted back “Dearest @gerardway, did you know George is a famous performer? P.S. I need more Red Amp XOXO”

She had finished changing into skinny jeans, a white tank top, and her red pumps. She curled her hair and met up with Chelsea in the living room.

“Killer shoes, babe,” Chelsea said.

“Why thank you.”

“MY EYELINER BROKE!” Frankie whined, coming into the room.

Braelyn sighed and turned on her heel, going to retrieve hers from the bathroom. The door was halfway open so she just pushed through it. She stopped after a few more steps, grin on her face.

“What?” Mikey asked her looking at her in the mirror. He was shirtless, fixing his hair.

“Nothin.” She kissed his cheek and ran a hand through his hair.

“Hey, you messed it up.”

She laughed. “Sure I did.”

He turned and kissed her, wrapping his arms around her. Braelyn responded enthusiastically, her hand running through his hair again.

“There. I fixed it.”

Mikey leaned in to kiss her again.

“Ewwwww,” Frankie’s voice came from the door. They looked over to him. “Brae,” Frankie whined some more, “I thought you were gonna help me with my eyeliner situation.”

Braelyn sighed and rolled her eyes. Without moving from Mikey’s arms, she managed to rummage through her makeup bag and pull out an eyeliner. She threw it at him, probably with more force than was necessary. Frankie caught it pretty easily. Instead of leaving to go put his eyeliner on, Frankie walked toward the mirror and forced his way in between Mikey and Braelyn.

“Rude,” Braelyn huffed.

“Seriously dude?” Mikey responded.

“Gotta get ready,” Frankie replied, innocently.

Braelyn rolled her eyes again. “I have to go make sure I’m packed, anyway.”

When she was gone, Mikey turned to his friend. “You are the worst.”

“You love me.”

Mikey shook his head, but he couldn’t help smiling a little bit.

A few minutes later all of their bags were packed and sitting by the door for whichever PA to pick up. Topher came to collect them along with Gerard and Ray.

“Sup kid.” Gerard put an arm around her. “Our video already has like a gazillion hits.”

“Oh really,” she said. “Is that a scientifically calculated number?”

“Yes.”

They got to the meet and greet. The boys did well considering it was their first one without Bob. At one point Gerard leaned over to shout to Braelyn at the other end of the table, “People keep asking me about George!”

She laughed and replied, “Well I’ve gotten about ninety-seven Red Amps.”

“Winner.”

In the end, it turned out to be a good thing that she was now the proud owner of so many energy drinks. About halfway through the event, she could feel the crash coming on. She drank one and felt good as new in no time. Then it was time for her sound check. Easy. Once again she ate on the edge of the stage, mocking the boys during their check, before they all went back to the bus. Braelyn drew silver stars on everyone and it was showtime.

Braelyn had a great set. She played some new stuff like ‘Freshmen’ by The Verve Pipe. She also played another one of her songs.

How do you do what you do
And I’m so in love with you
And I see right through the mess of me

Every day is the same
And I’d love you everyday
And I’d give my life away to save you

Our hearts stays true
On the risk of me and you
That I woun’t let fade

This is the way that I know
Knowing you will follow
And I get lost in the matter of me

It’s in the way that I find
Knowing you will never lie
That I get lost in the matter of me

This is the hearts stay true
On the risk of me and you
That I won’t let fade

Sick of walkin on broken lines
They fall apart every time
Sick of chasin your memories
When I know you should be here with me

Sick of walkin over your
Over your
Lines

She scampered off stage to Vegas’ applause, grinning as usual. She gave out her hugs to the boys. Mikey kissed her cheek and told her he liked the new song. The rest of the show passed typically: Chelsea and Braelyn watching the boys, Braelyn singing ‘Disenchanted,’ and My Chemical Romance doing an encore. Then they were all herded onto the bus and they began the next six hour leg of their journey.

Braelyn changed into athletic shorts and a tank top, taking her book and sitting in her favorite seat in the corner formed by the bench and the bus wall. Ray challenged Gerard to some video game battle and Frankie was sitting on the table behind them heckling. Topher was on the phone with someone important and Chelsea had gone to bed early because she had a headache. Mikey came to lay down on then bench, his head in Braelyn’s lap.

Frankie soon became thirsty. He was at the fridge for a few seconds before calling out, “Where the fuck is the beer?!”

Mikey and Braelyn looked at each other. Oops. She caught a glimpse of Gerard’s guilty face as he hurried out of the room. Ray paused the game, looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

“What?” Frankie was very confused. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Uh oh,” Braelyn muttered.

“It isn’t fair that he’s the only one of us that doesn’t know,” Mikey whispered, sitting up. “Come here man.”

Frankie sat down and Mikey started to explain what was going on to him in hushed tones. Frankie’s face went from curious to serious. Braelyn got up to go find Gerard. He was in the bathroom, angrily closing the mirror cabinent. She could tell that he had been through the extra storage cabnent in the bunkroom too.

“When I say I’m going to do something, I do it,” she said from the doorway matter-of-factly. He glared at her through the mirror. She stepped into the tiny room and closed the door behind her. “I know it’s hard, but it’ll be ok. Mikey’s telling Frankie now.” Gerard hung his head, sitting on the closed toilets. “Hey, come on. It’s not too awful. We just need to figure out something else to do. We could make some more George videos or play a board game or something.”

She held a hand out to him. He took it. She pulled him up and led him back to the others. They couldn’t get him to do anything, he just sat there. But at least he wasn’t drinking.

An hour or so later, the other boys wandered to bed. Mikey was the last to leave Gerard and Braelyn. “Do you want me to stay up with him?” he asked her. “You could use the rest.”

“Nah, I’m fine,” Braelyn said taking another sip of her energy drink. He looked at her worriedly, but she just shrugged. “Really. I’m good. Go to bed.”

He leaned in to kiss her before getting up to walk to the bunkroom.

A/N: Song is 'Broken Lines' by Shoreline's End. I'm not sure if they're real anymore. Anywayyyyyy. Go review. You are lovely. hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story