Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog

Secrets Revealed

by Blackcatwitchy 0 reviews

Sequel to Silver Dagger, Shadow goes on a quest to retrieve his lost sister.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Shadow,Rouge,Sonic - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-06-11 - Updated: 2012-06-12 - 11056 words - Complete

0Unrated
In a tall black castle with glimmering silver embellishments, on top of the highest tower at the center of the castle, is the royal bed chambers. There lies the beloved queen and king of the kingdom Lapis Lazuli. The two sleep on a bed of red silk in a room completely made of ash wood. Our beloved king does not sleep as soundly as our queen, though. It is odd to think that the once mass killer of nobles the Silver Dagger, to have nightmares.
DREAM
Shadow was speeding through the forest alongside a girl. The two fugitives were dressed in the Silver Dagger uniform and panting heavily for they have been chased by the castle guards for some time. They had just stolen from the king himself. Normally the guards would have caught any thief immediately because of the mirrors and how many of them there were. Though they weren’t dealing with just anyone, the one who was the stealer was none other than Shadow’s sister who was also the royal academy’s best student.
“I think we’ve almost lost them,” said Shadow.
“We have to keep moving until we reach the wavy hollow or we won’t get one second of time to read the Secret Script of Das Moore,” said his sister in exasperation.
She had gone through years of study and observation to get a glimpse of anything that might lead to anything about their family. All they could remember about their family was them seeing a tall black hedgehog that was completely black with red eyes that had no pupils. When that happened they were only 5 years old. They were found by a kind women named Rosy who cared for them and watched them grow into strong and intelligent teens. Apparently, the news spread all the way to the king.
King Acorn not only wanted to have them at the academy but Rosy to raise his daughter the same. His wife had just recently died leaving his most beloved daughter without a mother. On the first night after the marriage, Shadow’s sister had found out that their new found father had all the secrets to the past of their family. When she had shared this with her brother they swore to obtain the information by any means necessary. This led to many long hours in the library and nights after curfew searching the halls for ways to pass through the halls unnoticed. Through all of this they just seemed to be prodigies with only the intention to out-perform any they might meet.
“Just a little farther brother and all we’ve ever wanted to know will be right at our finger tips,” said his sister.
“It’s a relief to know I won’t have to go through anymore of Amadeus’s lectures,” said Shadow earning a hearty laugh from his sister.
They had reached a black, knotted oak tree at the center of the forest. It did not reach higher than any of the other trees but was certainly much wider. It was so wide with enough hollow space for twenty people to stand up in and still have room to do jumping jacks. This is the place Shadow and his sister always went to get away from everyone especially their step sister Princess Sally. Instead of a place where they can freely talk about the world or shed emotion that they can show no one else it would be a place of the unveiling of their family’s past.
Shadow’s sister walked up to the old, dead tree and scanned its surface. Once she found it she turned one of the tree’s knots opening a very well hidden door. The two walked inside and shut the door behind them. She took out the scroll and began scanning the document. As she read Shadow felt earth shake. He knew this could only mean the dreaded Whiff Whirl Hounds had found them. He cursed himself for not realizing the danger of going to a place they did so often as a hide out. The place must be screaming that they’re here.
“Sis I think we should go now,” said Shadow.
“Not yet, soon though, I’m almost done,” said his sister.
Shadow then felt the tremors in the earth intensify thus signaling the approaching beasts.
“I really think we should go now,” said Shadow becoming worried.
“Soon, I’m on the last paragraph,” said his sister.
The beasts got even closer which intensified Shadow’s fear. If he was alone he’d be able to get away without a hitch but with his sister with him it could be disastrous. He could not possibly focus on escaping and sticking with his sister. Sense there was only two of them they had to split up tasks and more often than not paths. They did not have enough practice with group escapes to pull this off.
“Alright done,” said his sister.
“Let’s go then,” said Shadow nervously.
When the two ran outside they were greeted with two ferocious, metallic hounds as tall as the trees. Their lifeless dark blue eyes seemed to stare straight into the souls of the two standing before them. In between the two beasts stood the one who was the one so anxious to capture them. The situation Shadow had feared so dearly had come into play.
“Hand over the Historical Account of Hence Miserable,” shouted the king.
“Never, this will lead us to our family,” said Shadow’s sister, her eyes blazing with new found hatred of her step father.
“Very well then I will have to take them from you,” the king said.
He gave the signal for the hounds to advance. Instantly the two thieves ran for the thick woods. Just as they reached the edge, one of the hounds caught Shadow’s sister right in its paw. Shadow tried to save his sister when he was batted away by the beast’s companion. Stunned from the blow Shadow lay there, watching as the evil king took out a silver dagger and raised aiming at his beloved sister’s heart. As the blade came down he screamed.
“No!” screamed Shadow waking from his horrible dream.
“Sweetheart what’s wrong!” said a very worried bat.
Her aquamarine eyes glowed in the light of the moon as she looked upon her husband. He stared back at his lovely wife whom was wearing a white silk night gown. He heaved a great sigh and recounted his nightmare to her.
“Did that actually happen?” said Rouge worried.
“Yes, a very long time ago,” said a very sad Shadow.
“Does it have any deeper meaning to you?” said Rouge trying to squeeze out the deep meaning her husband usually kept buried underneath other seemingly logical reasons.
“I’ve been feeling guilty of not looking for her,” said Shadow.
“And there it is,” said Rouge looking very smug at the moment.
“What?” said Shadow.
“What needs to be done to cure your guilt,” said Rouge “All we have to do is look for her.”
“It might not be that simple,” said Shadow thinking it through.
“Oh?” said Rouge.
“What if find she’s actually dead? What about then?” said Shadow.
“We’ll give a proper bed to rest in near her true home,” said Rouge.
“That might do it,” said Shadow.
“Goodnight love,” said Rouge getting comfortable again.
“Goodnight,” said Shadow who smiled and kissed his wife on the head.
THE MORNING
“Are you sure your alright?” said a concerned Shadow “You don’t usually eat this much or this much of a variety.”
Rouge was sitting on the other end of a beautiful white marble table eating shellfish, stuffed mushrooms, lobster bisque, lasagna, mint ice-cream, broiled ham, and lemon herb cod.
“What? I’m hungry,” said Rouge.
Shadow merely sighed at knowing all of this would soon be seen later. He hoped she could at least rid herself of her odd feast before they went to their friend Amy’s estate. Sonic would be meeting them there. It was their wedding anniversary today and they wanted to spend it with the two whom had brought them together. Little did he know he was about to receive the most shocking piece of news in his life.
AT THE MANOR
Amy’s mansion was all red with a brass roof and mahogany doors that formed a circle. When the two entered they saw the tidy white and cream colored living room. Amy walked down the spiraling white marble staircase with a small ash wood box engraved with Celtic knots. She was wearing a dress of deep burgundy silk with a soft white cotton robe that drifted behind her as she walked. As she made her way towards them she gave a knowing grin to shadow. “I have a little gift for the two of you,” Amy said excitedly. “What’s the occasion?” asked Shadow confused. Amy lifted an eyebrow at Rouge. Rouge winked at Amy and then Amy understood. Things were about to get interesting. At this Shadow gave a glance at his wife. “Another time dear,” was all Rouge said, brushing away all conflict. “Well go ahead,” Amy said excitedly “It’s for you after all.” Shadow took the box from Amy and studied the carvings.
Just then Sonic entered the room wearing a white tux with a blue shirt and a magnificent dark blue cape with golden shoulder plates. “Are you three having fun without me?” said Sonic. “Oh no, never, your highness,” Amy said exaggerating every syllable, holding her hands together with her fingers enter-twined, and batting her eyelashes. This made Sonic role his eyes at his friend’s display. Well now my beloved duchess has shown her dismay shall we carry on?” said Sonic. “Beloved!?” said Amy with both hands at her chest her face absolutely glowing. “Well, look if it isn’t he who has a thousand loves?” said Rouge teasingly. “You shouldn’t of said that Sonic,” Shadow said with a smirk and tapping on the box. “WH—mm!?” was all Sonic could get out before Amy kissed him.
SOME WHERE IN A DARK THRONE ROOM WITH TATTERED TAPESTRIES SITS A MAN IN BLACK ROBES LOOKING AT GLOWING ORB IN HIS HAND.
“Oh how these pitiful ‘heroes’ can be so naïve,” said the man in a low booming voice. “Don’t they know the answers to all my problems and the beginnings of Shadow’s lies in the very box he’s holding?” “Of course they don’t, silly me, believing in such pathetic mortals.” “My brother will defeat you!” said a yellow, female hedgehog with long, hair-like quills wearing a torn blue dress. The dark being simply gave a gleaming, cold smile. He loved it when his victims had such useless hope. It made things a lot more interesting.
BACK AT THE MANOR
Amy pulled away leaving Sonic blushing. “Uh, let’s continue, shall we,” said Sonic. “No, I think I need to see that again to believe it,” said Shadow. Sonic gave Shadow a death glare. “Come on Shadow just open our present,” said Rouge. Shadow opened the delicate box to find a crystal orb and a note. The note said “Congratulations on the baby!” Rouge had to catch the box and Sonic caught the orb because Shadow had fainted.
THREE HOURS LATER
“What happened,” asked Shadow just waking up. “You fainted after finding out Rouge is pregnant,” said Amy “Why does my hand hurt so much,” asked Shadow though still not quite over the fact he was going to be a father. “When you fell, your hand got cut on the edge the glass table,” said Rouge. “Oh,” was the only reply Shadow gave. After a few awkward minutes sonic stepped forward and gave the crystal ball to Shadow. “Here hold it, it is your gift after all,” said Sonic. As soon as Shadow’s hands touched the ball he felt a fire like sensation in the hand that was cut. His blood slowly went into the orb and started spiraling. The orb gave off a flash of light and spoke in a deep voice that couldn’t be distinguished for male or female. “I am what can show you your greatest desire. Shall we begin?” said the orb.
Shadow looked at his fellows. They all gave enthusiastic nods obviously wanting to know what Shadow wanted the most in life. “Alright, show me,” Shadow said to the orb. Shadow’s blood in the orb started spinning faster until the orb itself looked red. The orb started to shine and after another flash of light instead of seeing blood they saw the image of a yellow female hedgehog chained to a pitch black wall. She appeared to be talking with someone hidden in the shadows. They then heard her voice. “He will come for me,” she said with ominous conviction in her voice “he always comes.” The image then faded away and the orb became nothing more than a dull ball of obsidian with the inscription of “Hidden away in a tower of me, hides the sun rays felt in past and longing of future,” set in silver. “What could that mean,” asked Rouge. “It means we go to the Acorn’s royal library,” said Shadow pretty sure where they were going after.
ON A BOAT IN THE DOCKS OF WRATH CTY
Sleeping in her old bed stuffed to the brim with quilts, is a young creamy yellow female hedgehog with quills that formed to points pointing mostly up and apart with black stripes. Unfortunately in her sleep she was reliving the worst moment in her life. She was small for she was only 5 years old. She wore black overalls and a dark blue shirt and had no shoes. She was helping her mother make a cherry pie. She always thought her mother was beautiful. Unlike her own “demon horns” which is what she called her two points of quills, her mother’s always hung down in a glimmering plate of yellow, though their blues eyes were the same, deep blue like sapphires, she still couldn’t help but think her mother’s were much shinier. She saw why her father, a deep red wolf with green eyes loved her so much.
“Mama, why do I have black stripes?” said her younger self. “Because of my family,” said her mother with her soft satin voice. “But you don’t have black stripes,” she said. “No, but when I was really little I had white stripes that went up my arms and legs,” said her mother. “Does that mean I’ll lose my stripes?” she said. “No Lucy,” said her mother “Yours will always be there.” “How do you know’” Lucy asked a little disappointed. Her mother then got out the photo she always took with her everywhere. Lucy had never seen this photo before and was extremely interested. On the photo was a younger version of her mother in a dark blue uniform next to a young black hedgehog with red eyes and stripes. “Stripes!” Lucy thought. “This is your uncle,” her mom said with a sad look in her eyes “h never lost his stripes.” Lucy now felt a new pride over whelm her. Her mom always told of her clever and mischievous brother that she always went on wild adventures with while she was in school.
Just then her father in his blue flannel, jeans, and work boots came speeding through the door. “Maria, get Lucy to safety now!” he said. “Whatever for,” her mother asked worried. “They royals have found us,” her father said. Lucy had heard this two times before and it always meant leaving at night and moving to some far off city. Though now they were rapidly packing small valuables and their clothes. As they were about to go out the back window royal guards crashed through the door of the house they heard them coming down the hall. Her mother practically threw her into the closet with their things and hid her with whatever they didn’t pack. The guards entered the room and through a small hole in the clutter Lucy watched as her father tried defending her mother. Five year old Lucy watched as King Acorn’s guards stabbed her father and dragged away her mother.
When the evil men left she pulled out of the clutter and ran to her father’s side. “Daddy,” was all Lucy could get out with tears streaming down her face. “Hey Lu,” her father said using the nickname he gave her “know that mom and I have always loved you and you must remember what I tell you now.” Lucy nodded in reply. “Go to Wrath City dock and wait for your uncle there,” with that all light left her father’s eyes. That’s when the explosions happened. Thirteen year-old Lucy woke up in her bed in a cold sweat tears staining her cheeks. “Uncle where are you?”
IN THE ACORN ROYAL LIBRARY
“Where is it,” Shadow said in aggravation. “Where is what, Shadow,” Amy asked calmly. “That damn book with the tale of Jules Oak,” said Shadow still angry. “Oh that book,” said Amy “I know where that is.” She then pulled out an old leather bound book. “Thank you,” said Shadow with relief. “Did you guys find it,” sonic asked with rouge following him. “Yes,” said Amy. Shadow placed the book on a table and quickly flipped through the pages. “Ah here it is,” he said. “So a tale about some powerful person who lived in a dull OBSIDIAN TOWER!” Rouge exclaimed now understanding. “Yes and it says we can get to it by boat from the docks of Wrath City,” said Shadow. “Wrath City as in the Wrath City,” asked Amy. “Yes,” said Shadow. “Don’t you have to go through Prison City and the forest of mirrors,” asked Amy. “Yes,” said Shadow not bothered by it at all. “Well, what are we waiting for?” said Sonic excited.
The four of them walked out of the circular building and into a carriage. The carriage had their packed bags on top of it which Rouge, Sonic, and Amy now understood. “To Prison City please,” said Rouge. “I’m glad we’re wearing street clothes instead of glamorous gowns for this,” said Amy “it’s going to be one heck of a trek I can feel it.”
A TIGHT STREET IN PRISON CITY
It was night in a place everyone in the kingdoms fear, Prison City. This place started out as an ordinary prison. Then it expanded and expanded until it became as large and full of people as the capital of Sonic’s kingdom. People can pass through the city even though to insure no one gets out there are 50 ft tall iron walls. At night would usually be safer if the guards were more eficient at collecting all the criminals and putting them in their cells. So now as our heroes travel in their carriage through the streets of Prison City a certain pink hedgehog is wide awake.
“Oh why does it have to be Prison City,” asked Amy nervously for she had heard the many stories of passer bys getting killed by the inmates. The street they were following did not help calm her nerves. The three to four story buildings made of sun bleached stone interconnected with bridges and high walkways had doors and windows armored with grimy iron bars. Through the windows were horrid Mobians of all shapes and sizes covered in scars or missing limbs al starring at her with creepy grins or intimidating scowls. When they passed by and especially horrid vulture that gave out a cackle she gave a small shriek and jumped into the seat next to her where a now fully awake and stunned sonic sat.
“What’s wrong Amy,” asked a concerned Sonic. “It’s this city,” said the horrified Amy “it’s full of people who have, can, and probably will hurt us.” “Don’t worry,” said Sonic completely understanding why she was afraid “they won’t be able to hurt you while I’m around.” Amy gave him a small grin, rapped her arms around his neck, snuggled against him, and fell soundly asleep. Sonic was blushing madly at this but decided to go along with it and tried to go back to sleep. Sleep never came.
ON A SHADOWED LEDGE IN PRISON CITY
“What are we waiting for let’s,” said a crackly male voice from a hunched figure beneath a black cloak. “Patience is key Mordread,” said a deep male voice from a wide, firm figure in a very similar black cloak. “Quite you two,” said a stark cold male voice from a thin but straight figure dressed the same. “But Sliver, it’s royalty, we should act fast,” said Mordread. “If we mess this up it could mean our deaths,” said the wide figure. “I said quite Thor,” said Sliver “we must act fast but at the right moment and I believe I see it.”
BACK AT THE CARRIAGE
The carriage suddenly stopped which made Sonic nervous. “What’s happening out there?” Sonic called out to the driver. No response. Sonic instantly knew something was up he woke up his three companions earning a raised eyebrows from Rouge because of the sight of Amy which quickly turned into a worried look. “What’s going on,” asked Rouge. “I don’t, but definitely something bad,” said Sonic. Amy got off of Sonic’s lap and Sonic and Shadow then looked out opposite sides. “There are three of them and they’re waiting for us to get out to ambush us,” said Shadow sitting back down. “I didn’t see anyone,” said Sonic “That’s because you weren’t an assassin who knows how to hide and spot someone in the darkness,” said Shadow. “Touché,” said Sonic. “So what do we do,” asked Amy. “sonic and I will go out of the carriage and distract them while you collect our necessities,” said Shadow “we’ll then put on our cloaks, hide our stuff under them, and get out of this demon’s hole as fast as we can.”
BACK WITH THE THREE STOOGES
“What’s going on,” said Thor. “Probably soft royals with cold feet,” said Sliver. “Look, here come the two gents trying to prove themselves to their fair ladies,” said Mordread. “Let’s not disappoint them,” said Sliver. The three had already placed the unconscious driver where the guards would find him but not until after they grabbed what they wanted. Now they jumped down to face the two that they had given the nicknames kingly and noble boy. The 3 quickly came face to face with the two nobles and pulled of their cloaks. They were all wearing loose stained, white shirts, brown pants, and leather boots. Thor was a very strong looking badger with scars all over his body. Sliver was a slender panther with bright green eyes and a yellow smile. Mordread was a wretched hyena with a lolling tongue, broken teeth, a lazy eye, and shiny scar going down one side of his jaw.
“You take smug and mo while I take jumbo,” said Shadow. The three villains weren’t thrilled to hear the insults they were receiving and instantly went on to the attack. Shadow dislocated Thor’s jaw and bruised his shoulder pretty badly. Thor retaliated with a heavy paw that hit Shadow square in the gut. Shadow then knocked him out with a swift kick to the head. Sonic was pulling loads of punches on his two adversaries with only one or two of theirs hitting home until Thor’s gigantic body landed on his fellow’s, crushing and immobilizing them. “Nice try but you’ll need to do better than that to beat us,” said Sonic. “But you’re just soft nobles,” said Sliver. “Saints and sinners are begrudgers who will never mix,” said Mordread (Flogging Molly.)
“You boys ready to go yet,” said cloaked Rouge next to Amy holding some cloaks and bags awkwardly. “Yeah,” said Sonic grinning. “I don’t think the locals want us sticking around either,” said Shadow. With that they donned their cloaks and held their bags underneath. The four passed through dark alleys and circling around ways filled with wrestling matches full of criminals. They finally reached the gate. “Hold it,” said a bulldog in the gray guard uniform (Get it? Guard dog) with dagger at his side “what makes you think you can pass?” Sonic then pulled out his royal seal and the guard quickly apologized and opened the gates. As soon as they passed the gates they all felt like they could breathe again. “When we go back home can we take the long way around Prison City,” asked Amy. Shadow nodded in reply.
They went down the road some and found an inn called Sinner’s Refuge. They checked in and went to their rooms without eating dinner because they were all tired and didn’t have much of an appetite anyway. When Shadow and rouge got in bed they instantly snuggle against each other because of the cold. “What was Sonic’s reaction when he found out he was sharing a room with Amy,” asked Rouge. “To tired to care,” said Shadow “what I’m curious is when he finds out there’s only one bed.” Rouge chuckled at this “You are to mean to him.” “This time I’m doing him a favor,” said Shadow. “How,” asked Rouge but Shadow had already fallen asleep, she rolled her eyes and did the same.
WITH SONIC AND AMY
“I was fine with sharing a room,” said sonic who was frustrated with Shadow “but a BED!?” “It’s either that or the floor,” said Amy too tired to be excited she was sharing a bed with her beloved Sonic. Sonic groaned and went under the covers with Amy. As Sonic tried to fall asleep under the awkward conditions it hit him that he could get out a real answer to his question from the serious and tired Amy next to him.
“Hey Amy,” said sonic. “Yes, Sonic?” said Amy. “What do you see in me,” asked Sonic “what does any girl see in me?” “Well for one thing you’re nice and don’t cheat,” said Amy. “And?” asked Sonic. “You’re brave , you don’t care if it’s your life on the line to save someone, you’re caring, you help heal children and small creatures if they’re hurt but don’t let any of your guy friends see this, you’re shy when it comes to your feelings,” said Amy. “Not true,” said Sonic. “What isn’t true?” asked Amy. “I am not shy,” said Sonic. Amy turned to look at Sonic and said “Alright then, how do you feel about me?” “I…well…you’re a very nice girl and I like spending time with you…and well…um…yeah.” “Oh yes, very straight forward,” said Amy rolling her eyes. “Well what do you want me to say?” asked Sonic frustrated. “How you actually feel,” Amy said. Sonic took a deep breath and said “I…love you.” “See now was that really,” Amy said “wait WHAT!?” “Please don’t make me say it again,” said Sonic.
Amy just stared at him. The one she’s always loved just admitted he felt the same. She couldn’t believe it. It’s what she’s always wanted and now they were even n bed with each other. “When did you..?” said Amy. “When did I realize I loved you,” said Sonic “When we had our adventure I found fun you were to be around and not just obsessive.” “Thank you, I think,” Amy said. She then placed both hands on either side of Sonic and leaned down and kissed him. Sonic immediately went into the kiss and they were like that for a while before they decided to go to sleep. In bed, Amy lay on Sonic’s chest and Sonic had both arms wrapped around her.
THE NEXT MORNING
Rouge got up to find Shadow had already gone down stairs for breakfast. After getting dressed she decided to go wake up Sonic and Amy. As she walked down the hall she started to hear…moans? Rouge then ran down the hall. She hoped Sonic wasn’t doing what she thought he was doing because if he was and left Amy she would break more than his limbs and then slug her husband for putting Amy in this situation. When she went through the door of Sonic and Amy’s a rush of relief and embarrassment shot through her spine. Amy lay on the bed on her stomach while Sonic massaged her back. “Hey you two,” Rouge said after gaining her composure. Sonic looked up smiling which faded when he saw Rouge and a blush burned his cheeks. “Rouge!” Amy said excitedly jumping up from the bed “guess what Sonic told me last night!” “He does, doesn’t he?” Rouge asked with a smirk. Amy nodded. “Well get dressed you two and come on down,” said Rouge leaving.
Ten minutes later Sonic and Amy came down and joined Shadow and Rouge currently eating. “Good morning,” said Shadow. “Morning” said Sonic. “Today we’re off to Forest of Mirrors,” said Shadow. “Oh goody, more danger,” said Amy sarcastically.
AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FOREST OF MIRRORS
The four entered the forest and immediately found out why it was called the Forest of Mirrors. The bark of the trees shone creating a confusing collage of their reflections. “Well we can’t let this stop us,” said Rouge. They went on forward. As they walked they twisted and turned, up and down hills, and across streams. They reached a part of the forest that was decorated in all sorts of glowing, colored moss. As they walked Amy and Sonic got distracted by the moss ad accidentally went down the left path of the fork in the road while Shadow and Rouge took the right. When they passed the last of the moss they looked forward and saw the absence of Shadow and Rouge. “Uh oh,” Amy said. “You said it,” said Sonic. “What do we do now?” asked Amy concerned because Shadow seemed to be the only one who knew where they were going. “Keep walking forward, don’t stray from the path and hope we find the exit before night fall,” said Sonic “Shadow did say it should only be a one day’s journey if we keep walking.
SHADOW AND ROUGE
“You two are awfully quite back there,” said Rouge. No response. She turned to look behind her and saw Amy and sonic were gone. “Uh, Shadow sweetie,” said Rouge. “Hm?” said Shadow who turned around and saw they lost two members of their party. “It’ll be alright if they just keep going forward on their path and don’t take any detours,” said Shadow. “If you say so,” said Rouge. As they turned the bend they came to meet an angry fire elemental. The elemental threw hot rocks at them. They swiftly dodged them. “Sparky, doesn’t seem too happy,” Rouge said. “I wonder why a fire golem is in a forest,” said Shadow. “It just chucked burning rocks at us and that’s what you’re worried about?’ said Rouge astonished on how calm her husband could be in this situation. Shadow ran under the tall golem barely dodging the enormous fist swung at him. The golem followed him to a lake (I conveniently placed there) which quickly put out the golem turning him into nothing more than a few boulders.
IN A TOWER FAR AWAY
“Damn!” said the dark figure. “I told you it wouldn’t work,” said Maria the hedgehog “And your goons didn’t do much against him either.” “Silence, you blithering brat!” said the dark being. “Do you now realize what you’re getting yourself into?” said Maria firmly. “Wait until he sees my next little surprise,” said the dark being with malicious grin.
WITH AMY AND SONIC
“So is it true?” Amy asked. “Is what true?” asked Sonic. “That you love me,” said Amy. “What must I do to prove it to you? And why don’t you trust me?” said sonic a little upset. “Well, I’ll make a list; Fiona, Mina, Sally, Blaze,” said Amy. “Okay, I get it, you don’t trust me because I’ve dated a lot of girls,” said Sonic “so what can I do to prove it to you?” “I don’t know, I’ll have to think about that,” said Amy mischievously “Hey look it’s Shadow and Rouge!”
BACK IN THE DARK TOWER
“That is so cheesy,” said the dark bring while munching on something. “Are you seriously eating popcorn?” asked Maria questioning the evil qualities of her captor. “The good part’s coming up,” was the being’s only reply.

WITH SHADOW AND ROUGE
“Hey it’s Amy and Sonic!” said Rouge happy to know they were alright. “Yeah,” said Shadow looking a bit uncertain about this encounter. “Amy! Sonic!” Rouge yelled out to her friends. The two figures turned and waved. Rouge and Shadow caught up to them. “How did you guys find our path?” asked Shadow. “We went through a small patch of trees to our left and eventually found this path,” said Amy. “We’re glad we ran into you though,” said Sonic. They both had big grins on their faces and seemed to be in no big hurry. Suddenly Rouge ducked down in pain and started moaning. “Rouge what is wrong?” said Amy in rather unemotional voice. “It must be pains from the baby,” said Rouge. “Do you need to throw up?” asked Shadow worried. Rouge nodded. They went over to hidden place behind a shiny tree. “They’re not right,” said Rouge. “I’ve had my suspicions as well,” said Shadow “I’m sure they’ll attack us.” “When they try we’ll be one step ahead of them,” said Rouge.
WITH AMY AND SONIC
Amy ran up to them then saw something in the eyes of her friend, was it malice? She tried to ignore it but it constantly bugged her as she spoke to them. “Hey, how did you find us?” said Amy acting perfectly and unsuspecting the exact opposite of what she was actually feeling. “We went right and eventually found your path,” said Shadow a little too cheery. “Ah, of course,” said Sonic. “Shall we go on then?” asked Rouge eerily. “Sure,” said Amy. Amy and Sonic passed their friends. Sonic wrapped his arm around Amy and pulled her close. “They’re going to ambush us,” said Sonic in a whisper. Amy giggled acting like he was saying sweet nothings. “When they attack we’ll advance them before they know anything, you take Rouge I’ll take Shadow,” said Amy. Sonic looked at her surprised and Amy winked. Out of the corner of her eye, Amy could have sworn she saw “Rouge” roll her eyes.
WITH SHADOW AND ROUGE
Shadow and Rouge came out of the thicket of trees to be greeted by a speeding Sonic. Shadow punched him in the face knocking him out. The contact made “Sonic” disorient and rippled like disturbed water. Rouge took down “Amy” by breaking both her legs and with one sickening snap, Rouge broke “Amy’s” neck. Rouge walked over to “Sonic” stomped in his rib cage. “Must you be so merciless with taking them down?” asked Shadow. Rouge raised her eyebrow as the two bodies turned into shimmering dust and blew away. “You’re the ex-assassin,” she said. “Well they did resemble our colleagues,” said Shadow. “Flawed replicas I might add,” said Rouge “Amy’s bones would never crack that easily, she’s far too strong and Sonic needs a strong rib cage in order to withstand the quickly changing air pressures that come from his running.” “So basically they’re reflections?” asked Shadow. “Yes,” said Rouge “and I was also relieving some hormonal stress.” “Alright let’s go, I think I see the end,” said Shadow.
WITH SONIC AND AMY
The Shadow and Rouge duplicates snuck up on Amy and Sonic unsuccessfully. Sonic and Amy easily punched out their lights with one swift punch each. “Well that was easier than expected,” said Sonic. Amy smashed the duplicates skulls and they instantly turned into sparkly dust. “How did you know they were fakes so quickly?” asked Amy. “Shadow’s bight mark is on his right not his left,” said Sonic. “Alright,” said Amy spotting a patch of light “hey I think I see the exit.”
THE DARK TOWER
“Looks like your little puppets didn’t work,” said Maria. “Patience,” said the being.
OUTSIDE THE FOREST OF MIRRORS
The four heroes finally exited the trap riddled forest. Sonic and Amy spotted Shadow and Rouge as they did them. The two pairs got ready for a fight but neither attacked. “What did I get you for your seventh birthday,” asked Amy. “The very locket I’m wearing with our portraits in it,” replied Rouge “Alright it’s them,” said Amy. “Why didn’t we just go around the forest,” asked Sonic in exasperation. “You really want to take a two week journey for one that took only one day?” asked Shadow. “Good point,” said Sonic. “It’s getting dark,” said Rouge “we should make camp.” The four of them found a patch of grass far from the forest and slept under the stars on cotton sleeping bags. Sonic stayed up late watching the stars as if they held the answer to all his questions. He turned to look at Amy.
Why did this always have to be so hard for him? He could never make up his mind. The girls he met always wanted to stay solid right where they were. He felt they never appreciated all that he sacrificed. Sonic, didn’t that say it all? He’s meant to be free to travel to explore to his heart’s content. Sonic felt dumb he never realized until recently he didn’t want someone serious or extremely responsible. He knew when it was necessary but he likes it when you have time to goof off which seemed he never had time for with girls. It was always either romanticize or work. Sonic as he thought one night that all he’s ever wanted was in Amy. The only thing that was throwing him off was that she wished to be older but now that they were older that didn’t matter. “When I’m with you I’m happy,” Sonic remembered her saying as well as “I’d follow you to the end of the world”. She pretty much had and had always been by his side. For once he felt like he could be free with a girl.
NEXT MORNING
Something…warm? Yes warm, and soft. That’s what it was. This oddly comforting thing in his arms. It poked him softly on the nose making him open his eyes finding out it was Amy. Amy!? “Uh, sorry,” was all Sonic could get out. Amy shrugged and said “It’s alright.” “Are you two love birds ready to pack up and go yet?” asked Rouge slightly annoyed but amused at the same time (that can happen right?). “Y-Yes,” Sonic said. “Well than come on,” said Rouge. They packed up, ate breakfast, and were on the road again. “How far now?” asked Amy. “About two miles we should be there in no time,” said Shadow. Just then a wild carriage came zooming past them.
“What was that about,” asked Rouge dazed. “I don’t know but I’m going to find out,” said Sonic. He ran up to the side of the carriage. In the driver’s seat was none other than the three they met in Prison City. Sonic leapt and tackled them. “Alright what did you freaks did you do this time,” asked Sonic not amused. “Simple robbery nothing special,” said Mordread. “Shut up,” Sliver hissed. Shadow caught up and steadied the carriage. Then the rider of the carriage, a very rich looking mongoose in a black dress came out. “Mina!?” asked Sonic. “Sonic!” Mina said excitedly and hugged him “it’s been so long!” “Yeesh who doesn’t this guy know?” asked Thor. Some guards dressed in red and black armor came and tied up the three criminals. “I guess it’s back to Prison City?” asked Sliver. “No, straight to execution with you three,” said one of the guards. They gulped as two of the six guards took them away. “I am sorry they bothered you mistress, are you alright?” said the guard to Mina. “I’m fine but I cannot say the same for my driver back away,” replied Mina. “Very well you three come with me and you drive Madame Mina and her friends to Wrath City,” said the guard to his fellows. “Well how about? Want to come with me?” asked Mina. They all nodded.
AT MINA’S ESTATE
“So what brings you to Wrath City,” asked Mina while her servants served tea. “We need a boat to the obsidian tower,” said Sonic “a fast one.” Mina smiled at this and said “Of course and I think I know just the person who will be able to help us.” “Who?” asked Rouge. “Her name is Lucy Robolitic and she’s been planning a trip to that tower for a month and she was just going to go alone but I think she’ll welcome the company,” Mina said. “How odd,” shadow said. “Quite strange, I know,” said Mina with a smile. “Where do find this woman Lucy?” asked Rouge who didn’t think they’d have such an easy time getting a ride. Mina looked confused “Woman?” “Oh, I just thought that because Lucy is usually feminine,” Rouge stammered. “Oh, no, it’s a girl;” Mina clarified “she’s about 13.” Sonic and Shadow being the unfortunate ones were drinking. At the same time they took a spit take and said “What?!” “Yes would you like to meet her?” Mina asked.
THE LEAKY TUG (A BAR) 6:00 PM
The Leaky Tug was right by the docks. It was dark brown with fading blue outlines and had a sign hanging from a bar near to the door. The sign had a rusty, white tug boat hanging from ropes with brown water pouring from it. Above the boat were the words The Leaky Tug in blue letters. Shadow opened the door to the bar and was welcomed by a gruff looking brown hawk thrown out the door. Following him was a creamy-yellow, female hedgehog with quills pointing up and slightly to the side and back with one black stripe going up each one. Her midnight blue long, puffy sleeved shirt matched her glowing eyes. To go with her shirt she wore a pair of dark brown breeches and black leather shoes. “Come back when you can win you slimy git,” she said at the hawk.
When she spotted the four of them gawking at her slightly hidden she said “What are you staring at?” “Hello Lucy,” said Mina stepping into the light of the bar. “Hullo, Mina who’ve you brought?” asked Lucy. “My friends here need a ride to the obsidian tower,” Mina said and then gestured for them to come forward. Amy stepped out from the shadows her white shirt and long red skirt shining in the light of the bar “We need a ride there to get someone.” Rouge followed by Sonic stepped out after her. Rouge was wearing a light blue dress with a brown leather bodice. Sonic wore a short sleeved blue shirt and black pants with his usual shoes. “Please you have to help us it’s important,” said Rouge. Shadow then stepped out his long, puffy sleeved shirt moving slightly in the wind and his black pant covered legs slowly formed as he walked forward. When he was in-front of her he saw she was about the height of his shoulder and her eyes were becoming wider as he got closer.
“She’s my sister,” he said with a voice he had to reassure himself it was his own because it sounded far too deep and pain filled to be his own. Tears formed in the corners of Lucy’s eyes and she said “Uncle,” in a soft voice. Shadow looked confused and then surprised when she hugged him. “You’ve come, you’ve finally come!” said Lucy while hugging him. “Um, what?” asked Shadow. She then grabbed his hand and said “Come on, we’ve got a lot to talk about.” With that she pulled him into the Leaky Tug. The rest followed with amused and slightly confused looks. They went to a table at the back of the bar and a server came and gave them each a mug of hot spiced cider.
“First we’re going to find my mom and then kill the awful man who took her away, king Acorn,” said Lucy with conviction in her voice. “Okay, I few questions,” said Shadow. “Shoot,” said Lucy taking a swig of cider. “Why did you call me ‘Uncle’,” asked Shadow. “Did you forget?” asked Lucy looking straight into his eyes making sure he wasn’t joking. Shadow said “Forget what?” still confused. “The promise you made to her when you met her in the Forest of Mirrors after she escaped the clutches of that tyrant,” Lucy said her hopes plummeting. “I never talked to anyone in the Forest of Mirrors until recently and this still doesn’t answer why you called me ‘Uncle’” Shadow said. “Because she told you there that she was meeting her husband and daughter at Wrath City after they had to separate in Sacros after the guards had found their location,” she said. “But how do you know it’s me?” Shadow asked. “Because she would always tell me stories of your adventures at the royal academy while showing me this picture of you and her,” she said while taking out an old photo handing it o Shadow.
Shadow took it and sure enough it was the picture they took on their first day at the academy. It was a younger version of him standing next to a slightly taller female hedgehog. She had yellow quills that hung down and the bluest eyes. They both wore dark green long sleeved shirts, pants, shoes, and vest that also had a copper tree on the upper left side. They were frowning and he knew exactly why. They were just ripped away from the only place they were happy and put into constant emotional torture. He stared at this photo and realized they did have some great adventures and smiled. Now he looked up from the picture and at Lucy. He noticed her eyes were the very same blue as his sister’s and now he was going to help this girl, his niece, and find their lost family member.
“I guess it never really happened then,” said Lucy looking depressed. “No, but, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to help you,” Shadow said. This made Lucy’ ears perk up. “What happened then doesn’t matter,” he said with finality in his voice “what’s important is that we’re here now and are going to help you get back Maria.” Lucy looked up and smiled, her eyes twinkling. “And there’s probably one thing you need to tell her,” said Sonic gesturing to Rouge. Lucy looked confused now, “What does he need to tell me?” she thought. “Yes, right,” said Shadow looking a like he was between a rock and a hard place “well Lucy you have an aunt.” Lucy raised an eyebrow and said “But mom never talked about her having a sister.” “That’s because we didn’t have one but she has one now,” said Shadow. “How?” she asked. “Rouge here is my wife and you’re also going to have a little cousin soon,” Shadow said placing his hand on Rouge’s. Lucy then fainted (people seem to be fainting left and right).


THE NEXT MORNING ON LUCY’S BOAT
She woke up in her bed covered in her many quilts. She was back on her burgundy boat with dark brown floors and blue wave patterns on the upper edges. Lucy loved her boat. It looked just like the one her father gave her for her fourth birthday. Now though more smells than that of the rolling sea filled her nose. It smelled like bacon and eggs like the ones her mom would make on Sundays for her. She ran to the kitchen in the clothes she wore last night and to bed. She thought this odd because she usually puts on her pajamas. When she entered the kitchen she saw her. Her new aunt making breakfast. The white bat with aquamarine eyes that now wore a pink dress with the same leather bodice as yesterday.
Lucy’s aunt looked up and smiled when she saw her. “Hungry?” asked Rouge. Lucy nodded. Her aunt had her sit down at the small redwood table in the center of the kitchen. Rouge placed bacon, eggs, and pancakes covered in strawberries. Lucy ate it all hungrily. “I’m glad you’re enjoying it,” said Rouge with a smile. “Hey how did you and my uncle meet anyway?” asked Lucy honestly. “He used to be known as the Silver Dagger because all he left when he killed someone was a silver dagger. Now though trust me he killed for good reasons. When he killed, it was always a horrible noble. Shadow made lives everywhere a bit brighter. I was a big supporter of what he did. Eventually, even though I didn’t know at the time I met him when I went to the silver smith for some necklaces,” said Rouge drifting to adventurous memories. “Was he there making an order?” Lucy asked intrigued by her aunt now.
Rouge sat down in-front of her niece and looked at her. Even though Lucy was strong and seemed much older by personality, Rouge couldn’t help but think Lucy was adorable with her eyes wide and sparkling and bits of strawberry at the corner of her mouth.“No, he was the silver smith,” Rouge said. Lucy’s eyes grew wide. “And then because of me he was captured by Sally Acorn his step-sister and brought to court,” said Rouge. “She found out he was the Silver Dagger?” asked Lucy. “No, she thought he was making weapons for him. Though in order to save him Sonic devised a plan that would save Shadow and unveil my royal blood,” said Rouge. “What did you do?” asked Lucy. “I pretended to be the Silver dagger swooped in and saved him and boy, was Sally mad. Then at a theatre I assisted him in killing her husband Antoine while Sonic and Amy took the attention away from us by capturing Sally at her own ball. When Shadow and I went to claim my throne by taking carriage he proposed to me. We then killed Sally and then a few months later got married though with one last shock for everyone,” said Rouge. “What?” asked Lucy. “I’m a vampire and now so is your uncle,” said Rouge. Lucy sat stunned.
Just then as if by queue Sonic and Shadow entered the kitchen. “First an aunt, then a baby cousin, and now you tell me you two are vampires?” said Lucy shocked, confused, and amazed “What have you been doing while my mom’s been locked up?” “I think you’re a little young to hear about that,” said Sonic teasingly. Lucy blushed madly at this. Shadow then gave Sonic a hit to the head. “Please understand, that we only did it so we could be together,” said Shadow. Lucy looked at her uncle and said “I guess I’m just a little stunned for that to happen to a family member and disappointed that I couldn’t have been the flower girl,” said Lucy. “I didn’t think you’d be interested in that,” said Sonic. Lucy and said “I thought for a long time it would be nice to be a flower girl is all.” Amy heard this when she walked in and ran up to hug Lucy. “It’s okay you can be the flower girl at Sonic’s and my wedding,” said Amy. Lucy looked at Sonic and said “You’re engaged?” Sonic was almost as red as Knuckles. “No, Sonic’s too afraid to pop the question,” said Shadow earning a death glare from Sonic.
“So how long until we reach the tower?” asked Amy. “How long have we been out on sea?” asked Lucy. “Eleven hours,” said Sonic. “Then a day and 14 hours,” said Lucy. “What do we do until then,” asked Rouge. “Cards anyone?” asked Shadow.
LATER THAT EVENING
Lucy saw her uncle go to the deck while she and the others were heading to their rooms. She decided to follow him. Shadow leaned against the rim of the ship and gazed out across the black waters to the full moon. She walked up next to him and said “Beautiful isn’t it?” “Yeah,” said Shadow. “So I’ve been wondering,” said Lucy. “Yes?” said Shadow. “Well what happened to them,” she asked. “Who?” asked Shadow. “King Elias and his father,” she said. He looked at her and with toothy smile and a little wild look in his eyes said “I killed them.” Lucy grinned and looked out to the sea. Shadow wrapped his arm around his newly found niece and looked out with her. “You’ll be s fine fighter one day and maybe if you want, the general of my army,” Shadow said not realizing he just gave the offer to her dream. She smiled and said “I’d like that a lot.”
THE NEXT MORNING
Something crashed against the boat waking those aboard. They all ran to the deck to find not one but two krakens hitting their tentacles against the ship. “No, not my Mary Maroon,” Lucy yelled at the hideous creatures. They were brown and green covered in small sea life and fishing nets. Their eyes were green with hews of pink as if they were infected. Their roars were deep and mixed with sounds that were like nails on a chalkboard. They knew they had to act fast but what to do. Amy then spotted a harpoon shooter and gave it to Shadow. Rouge grabbed a sword. Sonic, Amy, Rouge, went around and injured the gruesome appendages any way they could, making the horrible beasts let go of the boat. As they receded Shadow was still trying to figure out how to use the shooter. Lucy saw this and said “Oh, give me that” while taking the shooter from Shadow. She skillfully locked the harpoon in place, cut of the strings from them, and as the krakens shot out of the water shot the harpoon through the eye of one and another just above its mouth. The krakens fell into the water creating a giant wave which swept the boat away.
After everything calmed down they could see their destination was just an hour away. “What do you think we’ll find in there,” asked Rouge. “Evil doer and Maria locked up one way or another,” said Shadow. They all stared at him. “Well someone had to send all those creatures,” he said.
ON THE SHORE OF THE OBSIDIIAN TOWER
The group of adventurers collected what they thought would be necessary to defeat whatever was in the tower. They entered through the heavy iron doors and ascended the tall, spiraling stair case. At the top they found Maria bound in chains hanging from the ceiling on either arm. Her mouth was gagged so she couldn’t speak. She knelt and stared at them with frightened eyes. Shadow ran to her and took off the gag. “It’s a trap,” was all Maria could get out before the others were wrapped in dark chords that came up from the floor and acted as if they were alive. The dark being then entered the room and faced Shadow. “Welcome I hoped you’d make this far,” the being said. “Then what was with the monsters?” Shadow asked. “I had to get rid of some dead weight, I hope you don’t mind,” said the dark being. “Try and kill my friends and family with mythical creatures? Why would I?” asked shadow sarcastically. “You should be flattered you’re the one of choice, the one sought after by me, Archival brother of Doom,” said the dark being.
“What do you want with me?” Shadow asked. “Join me, we’ll rule world together and I’ll give you what you’ve always wanted,” Archival said. “Oh and what might that be?” asked Shadow. “A father,” Archival said feeling he had won. “I will never join you,” said Shadow. “But why I can so easily give you what you want,” said Archival. “Trust me I gave up on having an actual father a long time ago and if you try to offer anything else thing answer is still no,” said Shadow. “We’ll see about that,” Archival thought. Archival started to be surrounded by black, cloudy forms and his eyes glowed brighter. From the floor came small shadow demons. The sky outside became stormy and lightning struck the roof. “You don’t want to join me? Fine, I’ll kill instead so you don’t get in my way,” said Archival.
The shadow demons tried to pin him down put he was too strong for them. Archival then shot balls of black fire at him. Shadow easily dodged them and scored a punch on Archival. Archival staggered giving Shadow the second he needed to prep and give another punch. Archival turned into a cloud of shadows and went to the roof. Shadow followed him. On the roof Archival hit Shadow multiple knocking him near the edge until Shadow was holding on the rim with both hands. “Your sister believed in you all this time and look where you are now. She will be so disappointed,” said Archival. As he raised his foot to knock Shadow off he was tackled by Shadow and he fell on his back with Shadow on top of him. Shadow punched Archival over and over until Archival thought he was going to pass out. When he got the chance he knocked off Shadow and stood up.
“You want to know who your father was?” said Archival looking slightly insane “My brother, the all powerful Doom. He took my rightful place as god of darkness. Years I had to serve that soft hearted fool. Then he had you and your sister. Oh, how he loved you and wanted to keep you safe but how unfortunate for him was it that forged a bit of information that you two were in danger and do anything to protect you. Even if it meant sending you to the mortal world just to protect you would do it. It was me who caused you pain. It was me! It was me! It was me!” Archival said laughing hysterically now. Shadow clenched his fists, ground his teeth, and started to transform. His red highlights glowed, the whites of his eyes became black, and his red eyes glowed with no pupils. He now hated this man, his supposed uncle. “You will die,” Shadow said with pure anger his voice.
As one last futile attack, Archival shot dark matter that instantly crystallized once it touché anything. Shadow came forward. He pulled his arm back, fist clenched. A dark aura formed around his fist. He struck Archival and said “You are worth nothing in this world or the next, you or merely a nuisance and I am glad to be rid of you.” Archival turned to bits of black matter. Shadow then turned back to normal. The sky cleared and the shadow demons turned to ash. Shadow went back and joined his friends and family.
“Shadow!” said Maria with pure joy as she hugged her brother “I never lost faith in you.” He hugged back and said “Thank-you.” “So, what happened out there?” Rouge asked amazed. “I killed my uncle,” Shadow replied “and found out I’m the son of the god of darkness.” “That’s harsh,” said Lucy. “But hooray, you’re all together again. Family crisis solved. Now it’s time to start looking for the proper suitor for Lucy and getting her the cutest clothes…” Amy went on and on until Sonic said “Will you please just say you’ll marry me and save all hat planning for the wedding?” “WH-What?” asked Amy. Sonic got down on one knee and said “Will you marry me?” “Yes!” Amy said and kissed Sonic. “This is wonderful!” Maria said. “She never gave up on him,” Rouge said. “Can the cake be chocolate?” Lucy said. “Took him long enough,” Shadow said. They looked at him. “Hey I knew it was coming,” said Shadow.
Amy and Sonic stood up and looked at their friends. “Lucy you get to be the flower girl,” said Amy. Lucy smiled at this. “Mind returning the favor?” asked Sonic. “Sure,” said Shadow and Rouge in unison. “Return the favor?” Maria asked. “Uncle and Rouge got married mom,” said Lucy. “Shadow!?” asked Maria. Shadow nodded. “Congratulations!” Maria said joyfully. “And Rouge is pregnant,” said Lucy. Maria’s pupils went small. “It’s true,” said Rouge. “All the things I missed. “Well we can fill you in on the way home,” said Amy. With that they left that horrid island.
1 MONTH LATER
Sonic now stood at the front of the altar. Shadow stood a little away. Sonic was waiting for his fiancé to walk down the aisle. He wore a dark blue tux and bow tie. Shadow wore similar garments. Who else could it be but Tails standing waiting to bind Sonic and his lover? No one had yet been told who he was marrying so when 13 year old Lucy came walking down the aisle in a blue dress with short sleeves and a skirt that fell in many sheets so it looked like an upside down flower they were all confused. Then a relief spread to the crowd and then shock when none other than Amy came arm in arm with Knuckles who wore a black tux. She wore a white dress that fit snuggly around her torso and the skirt looked like a bell. On the upper rim on the bell shape gold embroidery looked like vines. Similar stitching was put on the edges of her long sleeves that got wider as they reached her hands. Her quills were up in a bun tied with a white ribbon and she held a bouquet of light blue roses. Rouge followed behind her in a loose dark blue dress that hid her baby bump and had short sleeves.
She reached the altar and handed her bouquet to Rouge, then held Sonic’s hands. “We’re gathered here to witness the marriage of Sonic and Amy if you have any reason theses to should not be wed please speak now or forever hold your peace but if they should can I get an Amen,” said Tails. “Amen!’ everyone said “Alright we don’t want a long ceremony I think because we want to get right to celebrating so Amy do you take Sonic as your husband?” said Tails. “I do,” said Amy. “And you Sonic do you take Amy as your wife?” said Tails. “I do,” said Sonic. “I pronounce you Hedgehog and wife, you may now kiss the bride,” said Tails. Amy and Sonic then took their first kiss as a married couple. “This is Tails the priest and I’m going to the chocolate fountain,” said Tails as he walked of the altar. Everyone laughed.

6 YEARS LATER
` “Cousin Lu slow down!” said a small hedgehog with upturned black quills with white stripes and bat wings wearing black princely garments, a silver crown, and shoes like his father except with silver instead of gold. “Come on junior we don’t want to be late!” said a 19 year old Lucy. “I told you not to call me that, my name is Shadow,” Shadow junior said. “Just come on!” she said. They reached their destination which was an open field with their family waiting for them. “There you two are,” said Rouge. “Hi auntie,” said Lucy. “HI mom,” said Shadow junior. Then a speeding pink, blue and white blur pounced on him and yelled “Hi SJ!” It was Sonic and Amy’s 5 year old daughter Sonica. She wore white pants and long sleeve shirt and shoes similar to her father’s except white with a red stripe and a silver, star buckle. She has green eyes and blue quills with pink stripes and bangs that went down then about half way they stuck up. “Hi Star,” SJ said.
Her parents than came a few minutes later. “So what announcement are you making that will be in need of celebration,” asked Shadow. “Well while you and Sonic were away Amy and I had a chat,” said Rouge. “And?” Sonic asked. “We decided SJ and Sonica are going to be engaged,” Amy said. “What!?” Maria, Sonic, Shadow, and Lucy said together. Rouge and Amy nodded. Sonica blushed and SJ was just confused. “Engaged?” he asked. “It means one day you’re going to marry Sonica,” said Lucy. SJ was stunned. “Why are we going to be engaged?” asked SJ. “It’ll be the best thing for the kingdoms. If we get married everything will be better,” Sonica said. “Well then at least I’m glad it’s going to be you,” SJ said smiling now. Sonica blushed feverishly now. “Awwwwww,” everyone else said. “What? What I’d do?” SJ asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story