Categories > Books > Warchild > Battle of Wits

Battle of Wits

by arora_kayd 0 reviews

Warchild meets Princess Bride. I blame college. Humor, Dorr and Jos. Rated for a few light swear words.

Category: Warchild - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-07-07 - Updated: 2006-07-07 - 354 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: Battle of Wits
Author: Aurora-Kayd
Beta: Point-Earedpain
Disclaimer: I own a copy of Warchild, and my sister has a copy of the PB movie. I do own that book. Haven't read it yet.... ^^;
Summary: See, kids? This is what college does to you. It messes with your brain until weird crack!addicted plot bunnies attack you in the middle of the night. And yes, I more or less pulled Dorr's monolge straight from the movie. yay for IMDb.com


Dorr set the two mugs in the middle of the table, one slightly closer to Jos than himself.

"All right. Here ya go, drink up!"

"What did you put in it?"

"Me? Musey I'm hurt. Why would you think that I would put something in your precious caff?"

Jos rolled his eyes. "Because that was the point of this little 'game' - to see if I could figure out which one you did whatever too."

Jos sat there staring at Dorr as the corporal rambled, punctuating his words with flamboyant gestures every so often. "Right. No foolin' you I see. Now, make your choice! It's a battle of wits. Do you drink from your own cup? All you have to do is guess from what you know of me: am I the sort of man who would mess with my own mug or my victim's? Now, a clever man would put the booze into his own cup, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. But, you are not a great fool, so you can clearly not choose the caff in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so you can clearly not choose the mug in front of me. "

Sensing that Dorr could keep going for a while, Jos sighed and picked up the mug closest to him. With a brief flicker of hesitation, Jos promptly dumped the mug's contents out into the near-by trash.

"Cheap. You spiked both of them."

"That I did. Damn. Though I had you there for a second."
Sign up to rate and review this story