Categories > Original > Drama

Butterfly Boy

by Tancora 0 reviews

She's changing like a butterfly. A metamorphosis.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-25 - Updated: 2012-06-25 - 663 words - Complete

0Unrated
I love my big sister. She’s smart, funny, and very nice. When we go to the park together she makes sure that the bigger kids don’t hit me or call me names. We play tag and run around her room, laughing and hugging. Sometimes we play the piano together and make loud noises until daddy says his head hurts. My favorite times are when we lay on her bed and she reads me books like Alice in Wonderland. Sometimes she also reads to me books about butterflies, which are my favorite. My big sister’s my best friend!

Lately however she has been acting a bit strange. One time she came home from shopping with a lot of boy clothes and a really short haircut. Later, she walked our of the house in a garbage bag full of her dresses and other girl clothes. I never saw them again and from then on she always wore boy clothes and never had long hair. Weird, huh?

One day she and her best friend Sadie went upstairs into her room. Sadie carrying a plastic bag with something in it. I had left my juice cup in her room and I went up the stairs to get it. I opened her door and I saw my sister wearing a undershirt that went above her belly button. Sadie was behind her and feeling around the shirt.

“It’s too tight. You‘ll be dead if you forced yourself to breathe in it for even an hour!” Sadie had said. I didn’t hear anymore because I didn’t want to interrupt them. It seemed like something I wasn’t suppose to see, and I don’t like being in trouble. Later they went and left the house with the plastic bag.

My sister was changing in odd ways. Kind of like the way a caterpillar changes into a butterfly. I could tell she wanted to change. With all these haircuts and clothing she wanted to change something about her she didn’t like, just like a caterpillar eat and makes cocoons so it can change. I heard her talking about it with her friends on the phone, or with mommy and daddy behind closed doors when I wasn’t in the room. I just don’t know what she wants to change. But I love my sister and I hope that the change will make her happy like a butterfly flying for the first time. I just wish she would tell me why.

One day we were on her bed and reading Alice in Wonderland again. We got to the part to when Alice shrinks for the first time after drinking the DRINK ME bottle.

“Alice sure is changing,” my sister said. “You know, I’m going to be changing too.”

My sister then told me that when she was born, she was given the wrong body. She was really meant to be a boy but a mistake was made. She wants to change the way her body is. She really is a boy. When he’s old enough, he will do these thing to give him the parts that somehow he didn’t get when he was born.

Now, when people ask me if I have a sister, I say I have a big brother. He’s the best boy I know! He’s smart, funny, and very nice. When we go to the park together he makes sure that the bigger kids don’t hit me or call me names. We play tag and run around his room, laughing and hugging. Sometimes we play the piano together and make loud noises until daddy says his head hurts. My favorite times are when we lay on his bed and he reads me books like Alice in Wonderland. Sometimes he also reads to me books about butterflies, which are my favorite. My big brothers’ my best friend! I love my big brother, my butterfly boy.
Sign up to rate and review this story