Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9 > Zidane's Past

Memory One

by Genome_Boi 0 reviews

Even little Genomes get sick sometimes

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Baku, Blank, Cinna, Marcus, Ruby, Zidane Tribal - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-06-01 - Updated: 2005-06-01 - 234 words

0Unrated
Memory 1

"Dad?" Zidane called weakly.
He shuffled into the main room of the Tantalus hideout, where Baku, Ruby, Cinna, Blank and Marcus were all sitting down. They watched as the young blond boy stumbled in.
"Zidane? Why aren't you asleep?" Baku asked.
Zidane walked over to the padded armchair where Baku was sitting and climbed into his lap.
"I don't feel well," he replied.
Baku put a hand on the boy's forehead, "Gawd, he's boiling hot!"
Zidane whimpered and coughed as if to prove a point.
"It's too late to call a doctor at this time of night; do we have any medicine to give him?" Marcus said, standing up.
"There's still some of that stuff I made up for when Cinna had the 'flu in the kitchen," Blank replied, "I'll go fetch it."
Blank walked off into the kitchen. Zidane coughed again then clutched his stomach in agony.
"It hurts Dad," he said simply, Baku cuddled the child close. It had been 2 years since he had adopted Zidane, and he loved it whenever the boy called him 'Dad'.
"I know, don'tcha worry, you take some of Blank's medicine and go back to bed. If you still feel rough in the morning I'll call a doctor," Baku whispered.
'Still, he's never ill like this too often, I sure hope he'll be okay.'
Sign up to rate and review this story