Categories > Celebrities > Whose Line is it Anyway?

Ghost of You

by Datdatdat 6 reviews

Death waits for no one, but love never di es. *One Shot* Frerard

Category: Whose Line is it Anyway? - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-07-11 - Updated: 2012-12-08 - 1110 words - Complete

0Moving
They were still in their wedding outfits. His tuxedo and tie hang loosely against his sleep deprived body. His face in his hands, gaunt and red eyed. His hands covered in dust. Gerard sat. Folded arms. His tainted tux, torn and dirty, blood stained. Grey and black stains standing so viciously on the white silk shirt under the tux jacked. The jacket covered his cold pale arms. They sat in silence. Quiet. Contemplating the past events that had screamed through the happiest moment of their lives.

Their wedding day. Perfect. Serene. The sun filtering through the willows that surrounded the architecture of the church. Blossom leaves falling around the blushing Gerard. Twisting and turning with the wind. Smiles of ever lasting joy spread impeccably on the lovers. Now soul mates. Entwining fingers. Hearts. Spirit. Pledging everything they have to each other. For eternity. For richer. For poorer. In sickness. In health. Till death do they part. 

Until the warm reception. Too warm. A blaze ripped through the building where they celebrated. A fire. The rays and light turning the night into a dark and dismal place. And now all that remains, Gerard and his husband sat in the ruins. Charcoal and black memories lay strewn on the floor. 
Frank hadn't said a word. Situations like these do not come easy for him. They twisted in his mind. Creating a place that he refused to retreat to. Like a disease they coveted and inhibited everything he held closed. Everything he loved. Gerard, on the other hand, needed to talk. To let the awful tragedy sink in, he needed words. Forms. Sentences. There was so much to go through. So much to overcome. And Franks persistent taciturn demeanour was irritating Gerard. Scraping at Gerard's soul. 
"I can't believe this is happening" Gerard whispered. His eyes focusing on Franks back. Moving up and down somewhat raggedly as Frank struggled to breath without sorrow. His eyes closed and sore. Though Gerard could not see, he could sense Frank was crying. Yet no words escaped his tight lips. "Why aren't you talking to me?" 
"Please.." Frank uttered in a single release, "Please go away."
His response was not what Gerard anticipated. It hit and stunned him. Gerard sat more rigid in his chair. Please go away. Understandable there was a craving to be left alone. But from each other? After all this was their day. Their life. Their love, that had to overcome this. Frank had never spoken this way to him. It was a new, harsh emotion.
"What?" Gerard snapped back, "How dare you?"
Gerard stood up in fury. Kicking his chair back. Franks shoulders jumped slightly and he clasped his fists together. Pressing his lips against them and rocking back and forth. He was muttering into his skin. "Please go away, go away, go away." 
Gerard stared at him with sadness and anger. He wouldn't look at him. Barely recognizing he was there. Tears welled up along the eyelids. Watery foes that threatened to cascade down Gerard's cheek. Gerard raised his hand and restricted them. Walking away from Frank. Across their ash covered party that only till last night Gerard was dancing in the spotlight. Mascara already spilt. Drying on his pale cheeks. A harsh difference. 

Gerard had never loathed the whittling dawn before. At night there was only darkness. Flashing lights of emergency crews. Battling water and incredible heat. He stood. Watching the flames lick at all he planned. The devastation was so brutal he could not feel the cold. Only the pain as guest, fled in a panic driven mass. But at night he could not see how bad the damage truly had been and now as Gerard examined the building, he knew how harsh a simple spark had been. That is why he hated the rising sun.

"How?" Gerard muttered, it was a simpler question than why. 
Frank took his hand from his mouth and mumbled, "A cigarette" he stuttered, "in the bathroom."
This frustrated Gerard more. There was no accident. It was recklessness. Sheer stupidity that had made Gerard's  happiness into misery. Misery that interlocked against his heart. Beating at the same time. Filling his veins with desperation. 

Time move quickly. The clock turning. Dissolving into the abyss. Gerard wanted them back. He desired the hands of time to turn back. Find himself seated beside Frank. Holding his hand. But instead, Gerard was facing his fears. His nightmares. A scene of pure horror, playing out in front of him. 
"This is going to cost," Gerard spun around to Frank, "I mean do we still get insurance."
"I don't know" Frank said softly, brushing of Gerard question, "I don't know." 
It was only seconds later when a sense of guilt ridden questions flowed over Gerard. Into his system. A cold wave of  neglect. Gerard had been so wrapped in his own misfortune that he had forgotten about all who sat around him. His family. His friends. Were they ok?
"Oh god" each word harbored resented selfishness, "Did any one die?"

Gerard heard Franks breathing falter. His heartbeat stop. Hushed. No noise was resounded from him. It highlighted his answer. It screamed at Gerard though he was never heard. Rushing grief. Remorse. Shivered along Gerard's  skin. Making his hairs stand on end. 

"D-Did anyone die?"
"Yes" he slowly nodded. Gerard brought his hand up to his fallen jaw. 
"Who?" Gerard walked over to him. Sitting down in a chair. Someone who had held a place in his heart. In their lives. Was gone. Forever. And there was no way of getting them back. The truth twisted. In front of Gerard was his wedding, their wedding. The fire. And thousands of fingers pointing at Gerard. His fault. Gerard was to blame. Gerard let himself sob. Gerard turned his head to Frank, repeating the previous question, "Who?"
He opened his pupils to Gee. They were glistening. He loosened his hands to reveal a silver ring. Gerard's  wedding ring. Frank held it out towards Gerard. Gee had barely noticed that it was missing. His hand seemed strangely bare without it. 
"What are you doing?" Gerard pondered, "Who died?"
"First, let me give you this back."
 Gerard peered at him with bewilderment. Confused. Perplexed. Gerard held out his hand to receive the ring. Frank glanced into Gerard's beautiful hazel golden brown eyes for an instance then continued. Concentrating on the middle of the palm. He placed it perfectly in the cup Gerard had created. It fell to the floor. Gerard stared at Frank in disbelief. Shaking his head slowly. So very slowly. He in took a leash of oxygen

"You did" he sighed, "You died."


 
Sign up to rate and review this story