Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Black Out

Overture

by Duckgirl566 1 review

She loved the feel of a smooth snare drum. He loved a steady rhytm, controlling the beat. He loved his guitar, and all the screaming the songs called for. She loved the music that took away the pai...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [?] [R] - Published: 2006-07-09 - Updated: 2006-07-10 - 3751 words

0Unrated
"In the middle of a gun fight...
In the center of a restaurant...
They say, "Come with your arms raised high!"
Well, they're never gonna get me,
Like a bullet through a flock of doves...
To wage this war against your faith in me,
Your life...will never be the same.
On your mother's eyes, say a prayer...say a prayer!

Now, but I can't
And I don't know
How we're just two men as God had made us,
Well, I can't...well, I can!
Too much, too late, or just not enough of this
Pain in my heart for your dying wish,
I'll kiss your lips again.

They all cheat at cards and the checkers are lost,
My cellmate's a killer, they made me do push-ups (in drag)
But nobody cares if you're losing yourself...am I losing myself?!
Well, I miss my mom,
Will they give me the chair,
Or lethal injection, or swing from a rope if you dare;
Ah, nobody knows...all the trouble I've seen!

Now, but I can't
And I don't know
How we're just two men as God had made us,
Well, I can't...well, I can!
Too much, too late, or just not enough of this
Pain in my heart for your dying wish,
I'll kiss your lips again.


To your room...
What they ask of you
Will make you want to say, "So long..."
Well, I don't remember,
Why remember...YOU?!

Do you have the keys to the hotel?!
'Cause I'm gonna string this motherfucker on fire! (FIRE!!)

Life is but a dream for the dead,
And well I, I won't go down by myself,
But I'll go down with my friends.
Now now now now... (I can't explain)
Now now now... (I can't complain)
Now now, yeah!"

The final chords played out of Inuyasha's guitar as the lyrics faded. Sango was breathing hard, her drum sticks still raised in the air, not having the energy to keep them up or take them down. Miroku dropped his pick on the ground. The second it hit, the audience erupted on a tide of screaming, cheering, and other nonsense that brought smiles to their faces. They brought their instruments off stage, though the drum set stayed behind, Sango gripping her sticks. They were the last on stage, so they announcer walked on after them. Other bands crowded around, watching, waiting. Soon Sango was screaming. They had won. A recording contract with Reprise Records and one-hundred thousand dollars.

~*~

"Think of me
think of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me
once in a while -
please promise me
you'll try.

When you find
that, once
again, you long
to take your heart back
and be free -
if you
ever find
a moment,
spare a thought
for me

We never said
our love
was evergreen,
or as unchanging
as the sea -
but if
you can still
remember
stop and think
of me . . .

Think of all the things
we've shared and seen -
don't think about the things
which might have been . . .

Think of me,
think of me waking,
silent and
resigned.

Imagine me,
trying too hard
to put you
from my mind.

Recall those days
look back
on all those times,
think of the things
we'll never do -
there will
never be
a day, when
I won't think
of you . .


We never said
our love
was evergreen,
or as unchanging
as the sea -
but please
promise me,
that sometimes
you will think of me!"

The members of the audience applauded Kagome, and she curtsied thankfully. The director stood up, and the others on his casting committee followed suit. He cleared his throat, making all the hopeful auditioners look up from what they were doing.

"Miss Higurashi..." Kagome held her breath, making a silent wish, "we would be honored, if you would grace this stage with your voice. Please, be out Christine."

A tear rolled down her face, as all she could do was nod, too happy to speak.

~*~

That was four years ago.

~*~

"Oh come on Inuyasha, I don't want to get lost. You know this city like that back of your hand. I just need to visit for one hour, that's all. Besides, since the Battle of the Bands, I haven't seen Kohaku for more than a few times. Since we're in New York, why can't you just sit there for one hour while I talk to him? That's all, just one hour. Please?" Sango gave him the puppy dog eyes, knowing it would make that hanyou that was like her big brother melt.

"Fine, but only for an hour. Why can't your fiancé take you? What's he doing?"

Sango rolled her eyes at the hanyou as she grabbed her coat off the hook in their hotel room, hers and Miroku's room conjoined to Inuyasha's, and handed him his.

"He was going to, but someone needed to go talk with the record label about our next album. Mike (their manager) was talking about changes, so someone needed to set the record straight." They stepped out into the busy street, and into the fall breeze. "And we both knew that you would only make things worse if you went." She smiled and playfully punched his shoulder as they walked together toward the theater.

~*~

"Kagome Higurashi, for the role of, "The Lady of the Lake". You may begin Kagome."

The woman turned to look at the piano player, giving him a nod. Kagome knew the song was silly, but she had seen how the Lady of the lakes before her had preformed it, so she knew she was ready.

Well, and that her roommate cracked up every time she sang it.

"What, ever happened, to my part?
It was exciting at the start.
Now we're halfway through Act 2
And I've had nothing yet to do.

I've been offstage for far too long
It's ages since I had a song.
This is one unhappy Diva
The producer's have deceived her.
There is nothing I can sing from my heart.
Whatever Happened to My Part?

I am sick of my career
Always starting second gear
Up to here, with frustration and with fears.
I've no Grammy no Rewards,
I've no Tony Awards,
I'm Constantly replaced with Britney Spears!

Whatever Happened to My Show?
I was a hit, now I don't know.
I'm with a bunch of British Knights,
Prancing 'round in woolly tights.

I might as well go to the Pub
They've been out searching for a shrub
Out shopping for a Bush
Well they can kiss my Tush
It seems to me they've really lost the plot

Whatever Happened to My-
I'll Call my Agent, Dammit!
Whatever Happened to My
Not Yours, Not Yours,
By My,
Part!"

The others auditioning clapped and laughed for her. The casting directors smiled and took down notes. She was fairly confident in herself. After all, her boyfriend of two years was one of them. Surely she would at least get a solo somewhere.

She walked off the stage, feeling content. She found a tall, lanky boy standing against a wall, looking over a script.

"Hey Kohaku, ready for your audition?"

He looked up and smiled. "Kagome, you were awesome! If you don't get the Lady of the Lake, then those guys are all crazy."

She smiled a giggled softly. "Thanks Kohaku. Are you ready for your Prince Herbert audition? They already have Prince Herbert's Father cast. Thomas Douglass (A/N: Made up person. I actually own this one guys!) is really a very funny person."

"I just hope I get it. He's playing Lancelot's Dad too. My sister's coming in to watch me, so I'll have someone to cheer me on. You'll be in the audience too, right?"

Kagome put her hand on the boy's shoulder. "Of course I will Kohaku. You can count on it."

~*~

"Inuyasha, please just sit down. We have only to more people to audition before Kohaku and I really don't want to be kicked out. Your swearing about how terrible this all isn't helping." Sango chided. They sat in the dark theater seats, waiting for Kohaku to audition.

"Kagome Higurashi, for the role of, "The Lady of the Lake". You may begin Kagome."

Inuyasha looked up to see the woman on stage nod at her accompanist to begin. What came out of her was nothing that she expected.

"What, ever happened, to my part?
It was exciting at the start.
Now we're halfway through Act 2
And I've had nothing yet to do.

I've been offstage for far too long
It's ages since I had a song.
This is one unhappy Diva
The producer's have deceived her.
There is nothing I can sing from my heart.
Whatever Happened to My Part?

I am sick of my career
Always starting second gear
Up to here, with frustration and with fears.
I've no Grammy no Rewards,
I've no Tony Awards,
I'm Constantly replaced with Britney Spears!"

Inuyasha was cracking up, and Sango was holding her sides. Who knew musical theater was so funny?

"Whatever Happened to My Show?
I was a hit, now I don't know.
I'm with a bunch of British Knights,
Prancing 'round in woolly tights.

I might as well go to the Pub
They've been out searching for a shrub
Out shopping for a Bush
Well they can kiss my Tush
It seems to me they've really lost the plot

Whatever Happened to My-
I'll Call my Agent, Dammit!
Whatever Happened to My
Not Yours, Not Yours,
By My,
Part!"

"That... was...g-good!" Sango held her stomach. "Man, when this premiers, we gotta see it!"

"K-keh, whatever." Inuyasha was laughing on the inside, trying to let it not show. The girl truly had a magnificent voice.

~*~

"Naraku!" Kagome called out. Walking back to her dressing room at the other theater, she never thought she would see her fiancé. "Why aren't at the auditions? Don't you think the director of the show should be -," she caught off with a searing kiss. It was hard, making Kagome feel uncomfortable. He was overpowering her more than usual. Normally he was dominant when it came to things like kissing, but suddenly he was scary.

"You didn't get the part," he said in a hushed tone. Kagome stood shocked.

"Nice way to soften the blow," she said and was soon caught up in another kiss, this one more hurtful than the last. He shoved his tongue inside her, making Kagome feel violated. He pulled back, but only after Kagome felt like her lungs would burst from lack of oxygen.

"What the Hell? Naraku, what's gotten into you? Are you okay?"

Without an answer, he grabbed onto her waist and led her into the dressing room. Most of her things had been taken away already, but some things remained. A couch groaned with her weight as Naraku pushed her onto her back, capturing her lips once more.

"Naraku, we can't make out now. I came to get my things. I need my stuff out of here before tomorrow."

But he wouldn't hear it. He pushed her back down and kissed her neck, nipping lightly. Each kiss burned her skin, not in a good way.

"Naraku!" she shouted to get his attention. He ripped the button-up shirt, leaving her upper-half clad in only her black bra, leaving nothing to his imagination. He began to dip his head into the junction of her when she pushed his head away with both her hands, drawing one away to slap him hard across the face.

"Naraku, what's your issue? I told you that I'm not ready to take it a step further past making out. Maybe later on, when the show's-,"

"There isn't going to be any show, Kagome." He stood up and tied his long black hair into a simple ponytail. He began buttoning his shirt. "Not for you, at least. On my part, this could make my career."

"W-what are you talking about? How could I not at least be in the chorus?! I won three freaking Tony Awards for Christine! How could I be completely excluded from the show?" She slumped against the couch, sinking in her sadness. Naraku smiled and turned to look at her as soon as his shirt was on.

"It was my vote that got you kicked out Kagome."

She looked up at her boyfriend of eight months and fiancé of one in disbelief. "Why..."she asked, feeling more tears sting her eyes.

"Because I don't want to be with some bitch that won't give it up. We gave your part to someone else." He bent down, bringing his face within inches of hers. "She was probably a better ride than you would ever have been." His voice dripped with malice, turning Kagome cold.

"You...you gave it to some whore?" He slammed his fist into the wall next to her head, making her want to scream, but she only flinched.

"I gave it to one of them twenty-some women I've been bedding ever since you said 'No' all those seven months ago. You had no fucking idea how many of them wanted to fill your shoes. How many women threw themselves into my bed just hoping that they could call them my fiancé like you. But you were the lucky one, the one with the best body. You would be the one I would call my mate and get the pleasure of me fucking your brains out every night." He picked her up by her arms, thrusting her into the wall. Small tears leaked from her eyes from the pain the demon's claws inflicted. "But that wasn't good enough for you, was it? The best wasn't good enough for little Kagome, so now she's left on the street like the little whore she is. Fucking tease, that's all you are. Little bitch that likes to fuck with the minds of innocent people. You don't deserve a part in my show. You don't deserve me." He traced a circle on the area of Kagome's jeans between her legs. Her eyes grew wide, afraid for her virginity for the first time.

"You don't deserve the fucking pleasure of it all. You disgust me." He dropped her and advanced for the door, opening it.

"You bastard," Kagome whispered, holding back her tears. She would never give him the pleasure of seeing her cry. He slammed the door and she heard the stomping sound of him walking away. Bruises began forming on her arms, blood coming from a few of the spots where his claws held her.

Where had she gone wrong? Where had she made the mistake? When his all began, she was just a girl with a good voice. She got the role of Christine and soon met Naraku. She knew, somewhere in the back of her mind that Naraku wasn't the one, but after dating eight months, he proposed. How could she say no? He had done so much in the way of pointing out ways to survive in the business, not as her official manager of course, but he still helped her. Who else would take her? She had made no friends really; most of them were still in Ohio, where she lived before New York. Her childhood, all the years before thirteen, in Japan was a distant memory.

She had gotten engaged, Naraku pressuring sex on her more than ever. "I promised you my life," he had said, "I want your virginity. Haven't I proved I love you yet?"

The love she thought was there was a lie. I'll fall in love with him in time. Once we're husband and wife, our relationship will get stronger. This has to be love. What else could this be? He said this was love. It has to be. It was what she repeated to herself every time she doubted it, their relationship. But it was over, it was done. The lie was over, and she had no one to run to.

Kagome pulled her coat over her destroyed shirt and grabbed the bag that remained in the room.

~*~

"I'm sorry that Kagome woman didn't show up for your audition Kohaku, but you were wonderful," Sango said, placing a comforting hand on her brother's shoulder. The three were walking to the lobby of the theater, where the full cast would be announced. Inuyasha was excited, though he kept it to himself. The woman he had seen audition was beautiful, and with a voice like hers, would defiantly get the part.

He had to know her name.

A large group of people were already there, and the stage manager cleared his throat.

"Hi everyone, my name's Mike Scholor and I'm the stage manager for most of the theater's shows. But I'm going to introduce a man who will be running this whole operation. Naraku Makai!"

Everyone began clapping, a couple "whooped". The man with long black hair and red eyes held up his arms in acceptance.

"If you're name is called, you made it. It if it isn't, get the hell out of my theater. Norbert Leo Butz, King Arthur. Michelle Carter, Lady of the Lake. I want to clear up any rumors that Kagome Higurashi is playing that role. She found herself," Naraku smiled wickedly, "unwilling to participate."

"What?" Kohaku gasped.

"What is it Kohaku?" Sango whispered. Inuyasha looked at his best friend and her brother. Concern was written on his face as name kept on being called.

"I've heard her sing before, and it was...terrible. How could Kagome refuse the part? It was all she spoke about for so long. She was so excited, and for her not to be cast...it doesn't seem right. Plus, Naraku was her fiancé. She must have had some kind of pull. I'll have to visit her place and see what's-,"

"Kohaku Taijiya, Prince Herbert."

"WHOOP!"

~*~

That was two months ago.

~*~

"I have an announcement!" Miroku cheered as he walked into the hotel room. Sango looked up from her drum pad while Inuyasha kept scribbling in his notebook, making it look like he was ignoring his best friend, though he really wasn't.

Sango stood up and kissed her fiancée's cheek, slapping away his wondering hand. "What is it?"

"We," he said, tossing a manila envelop on the messy coffee table, "are getting a new band mate!"

"Excuse me?" Inuyasha lifted his head with an annoyed look on his face. "Like hell we are."

"No, no, listen to me." Miroku turned to Sango, hoping to get her attention. "This could be really good for us. I've been thinking we could use a new sound, and since I don't do vocals, and Sango needs singing lessons like there's no tomorrow-OW!"

"You deserved it; now continue before I castrate you."

"Yes Love. Anyway, Inuyasha is writing some sweet songs, but he needs someone to sing with, or at least harmonize with."

"I don't need nobody else!"

"Inuyasha, I'll have no problem dealing with you too."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Anyway, Mike set me up with a few people and I think I found someone worthwhile. Plus, if all three of us decide that she isn't working, she said she'll leave, no strings attached."

"Well Miroku, that sounds like-wait, SHE?" Sango's eyes grew wide and happy, and Inuyasha saw this. He stood up, making papers flutter at his feet, making a huge mess of lyrics and chords.

"No way, no more chicks. We don't need..." Inuyasha realized that he hated this woman, but he didn't even know her name.

"Kagome, Kagome Higurashi," Miroku said and Sango squealed in delight, hugging Miroku fiercely.

"I won't be alone on a smelly tour bus anymore! When do we meet her?"

"Actually, you are going shopping with her tomorrow morning Sango; I have her address with me. I think you two will hit it off quick." The couple soon engaged in a passionate kiss, making Inuyasha want to vomit. He turned and left the expensive hotel room.

'Great, just fricken' great.'

~*~

"She's in! She's so cool guys, I had so much fun. I also had heard her sing for me and it was angelic! I couldn't believe my ears." Sango said hurriedly. Miroku nodded his head while Inuyasha just sat there, sipping his Coke or Pepsi or whatever that cute waitress set down in front of him.

"I knew you'd like her. I think she'll make a perfect addition to the band."

"Keh," Inuyasha huffed, ditching the straw altogether as he took a big swig of his soda.

"Um, excuse me?" said a small and meek voice. Before the musicians stood a petite girl with long black hair. She played with the bottom of her Hawthorne Heights T-shit, showing off her ed-studded belt that sat loosely on her dark blue jeans. Blue fingernails that had been bitten down slightly trembled softly at the hem. Her army messenger bag hung loosely off her left shoulder. Brown eyes were nervous but eager.

"What the hell do you want and where's security?" Inuyasha scoffed.

"Kagome!" Sango squealed, running to the other side of the table to hug the intruder. "Good, you made it."

"Sorry, I was running late. There were some huge idiots out on the streets today. It seems like tourists are taking over this city."

"Hey,"

"Well, it's wonderful you could meet us here," Miroku said smiling at the young girl.

"Hey,"

"We can't wait for everything to get started. Have you talked to your landlord about you apartment yet?"

"Hellooo,"

"Yes, and he said I just need to pay off my rent for the rest of this month and I can be out of there, as long as my crap is all gone by the end of the month," Kagome said, answering Sango's question as she leaned back in her chair.

"Hey!"

"What is it Inuyasha!" Sango shouted in attempt to quiet the annoying man interrupting their conversation.

"Who the hell is she?!?!?!?!" he shouted, turning the heads of other, people dinning in the restaurant.

"Oh!" the girl gasped, blushing slightly embarrassed for her rude behavior. "I am Kagome Higurashi, and Sango invited me to join you for lunch today. It's a pleasure to meet you, Inuyasha," she said, extending a hand to him. Inuyasha scoffed at it.

"Put that away bitch."

~*~

Sounds of a woman attacking and trying to kill a man inside a New York city restaurant could be heard all around a New York block.

~*~

And this is how they became Black Out.

And this is how they became Black Out.
Sign up to rate and review this story