Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Killjoy Academy

16- Ready To Go.

by GotSparkle 1 review

"I could leash it up and tame it and play with it and his name would be Sir Squirrelington"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-15 - Updated: 2012-07-16 - 7970 words

1Ambiance
(The Next morning)

(Sun’s POV)
The next morning, I wake up to an empty bed. This, after last night, sufficiently angers me. Not to mention freaks me the hell out. Even when we were first dating, like, a month in, when we’d fall asleep after movies, and NO sexual stuff, he’d never leave me alone in bed. So needless to say, a person could understand why I was rather angered by this sudden lack of a hyper black haired midget in my bed. I lift my sleepy head; look around for a clock or some indication of what time it was. Frank’s clock tells me its 9 am on a Saturday. Good, so I’m not late to teach or anything. I scan around the Block some more, looking for any signs of Frank. His boots were gone from their place near the front door. He was probably out fixing something, or running around camp being Frank. Or maybe just running around. He had more energy than a toddler on a sugar high, I swear to God.

The door swings wide open and Frank strides in. “Hey, I’m sorry I left without telling you. I didn’t think you’d be awake by the time I got back.” He says, kicking his slightly muddy boots off as he talks. It must’ve rained last night, maybe early this morning. No wonder I’d slept in so late. The rain always kept me asleep. “I went to town. Got hair dye in a few different colors, even some that glows in the dark! Oh, and stuff for tattoos, strings for instruments…” He goes on and on, though he’s only carrying two bags. “But I dropped all that off in the right room. This stuff is for…” he sits on the bed with me before continuing, reaching into the rough, dark brown paper bag. “Your baby.” He finishes, handing me a few onesies. I’ve propped myself up on my pillow, allowing me to see what Frank is showing me. “I got a few for a boy, a few for a girl, and a few that are gender neutral.” He explains why there is a green, a yellow, a pink, and a blue lying on the bed with us. “Since you don’t wanna know until said baby is in your arms, all safe and warm and wrinkly and probably in awe of its beautiful mother.” I smile a tiny bit at that last bit he slipped in, not to mention he did it with a sly smile.

“Aw, Frankie!” I say, hugging him tight to myself (well, as much as I could, with my rather large stomach) after replacing the clothes in the bag. He sets it carefully on the floor. “What’s in the other bag?”

“Just bottles, formula, powder and diapers.” He replies with a shrug. “All the things we’ll need for the baby to be healthy and happy. I also found you a doctor to help you deliver said child. He said he’ll have to do an ultra sound before, most likely. He’ll make sure you can’t see, since you don’t wanna.” He explains. I smile, kiss him lightly. “Did you sleep well?”

“Of course! I always do in this bed. Helps that you were there. No nightmares.” I add that last bit with a small blush. “I can make us breakfast if you like!” I say cheerily. I did mean to make biscuits and gravy for him. It was his favorite breakfast food I could make for him. I was no good at pancackes. I always burned them a bit.

He shakes his head at me. “No, I talked to this doctor at length about you. He said because you’re so close to your due date, you need to rest a lot more. You can get up and walk around, but, you know, mostly resting. And because of that, I’m taking time off.” I’m confused, raise an eyebrow. “I’m going to keep you company. We’ll watch movies, I’ll play you music… we can sleep, cuddle. Dancing Spark says she can teach you to sew things. She should be here soon, actually. She wanted to see you. I’ll step out; let you talk to her privately.” Frank kisses my forehead softly. “I’ll go make a breakfast burrito. Sausage and eggs? With some gravy?” I nod happily. “Anything else?”

“Can I have… can I have some fruit salad?” It sounded good. So did bacon. And a lot of other things. Like icecream… but I knew I needed to eat healthy. “Can you try to skim most of the fat off my burrito?”

He nods at my last request. “We have some bananas and oranges, some grapes, a few pears. Is that okay?” He asks. I nod enthusiastically. “Give me ten minutes, everything will be ready.” He hops out of bed with me, goes to get everything he promised. I can hear sizzling soon enough, Frank whistling. Nine minutes and 30 seconds later, there’s a plate and a small bowl sitting on a tray infront of me. Frank is smiling happily, looking eager for praise. “Done! And with time to spare, at that!” He says with a big cheesy grin on his face. I reach for the burrito, take a bite. It was good, and not as fatty as I’d expected. I nod my approval at him, continue eating. Frank eats his breakfast, which consists of eggs and cheese. Once I’m done, he clears everything up, and then takes to cleaning dishes in the kitchen. I can hear him washing things, drying them, putting them away. It was almost like having a family.

There’s a knock on the door. Frank has just re-entered the room when I hear it. He nods his notice, and opens the door for me. “Hey Dancing Spark!” He says cheerily. “I’m just heading out; Neon Sun will stay in bed and talk to you. Doctor’s orders for her, this close to her due date.”

My sister smiles at him. “Okay! I just wanted to talk about her baby. I’m making a few blankets, some beanies… it’s gonna be cold, Feburary being the due date.” She says, and Frank nods, pulls his boots on, exits the room. Spark shuts the door, pulls a chair up, comes and sits by the bed. “Hey sis.” She says. “How’s the baby treating you?”

“Lot’s of kicks lately. Hard ones. I talk to my baby all the time.” I tell her, rubbing my bump. My sister lays her hand on it, rubbing a bit. She jumps when the baby kicks. “That’s fine, perfectly normal. The baby is just responding to your touch.”

“Mommy, who’s Spark?” My baby asks. I smile as Spark keeps rubbing, feeling for kicks and giggling.

“She’s your Auntie. Auntie Sparky. Kinda like Auntie Vi.” I explain silently to her.

“Is Auntie Vi your sister?” Oh no, I’ve confused her.

“No, Auntie Vi is LIKE a sister. Spark is my ACTUAL sister.” I explain to her. She was so cute, not even born, already trying to understand everything. God help me when said child learned to talk. According to my parents, when I learned to talk it was constantly “but WHY?”

I can hear the understanding. “Oh. Should I kick to let Auntie Spark know I like her? She seems nice.”

“Go ahead.” I reply.

Spark starts laughing, making me look at her. I can feel my baby kicking hard and fast. “I think the baby likes you, Spark.” I pull my sister up to sit on the bed with me. She sits in my spot, while I move to Frank’s spot. I turn to face my sister. “So….” I say.

“When can we tell people we’re related?” She asks me out of the blue. Her voice was kinda quiet. “Cause I wanna tell people.” Random question, Sis…

I give it a moment of thought, which means my face is screwed up a bit, lips pursed to the side.“Well, I think that… I think that we can do that after the baby is born.” She beams at my reply.

She runs a hand through her hair, fixing it. The pink and blue needed a touch up, mostly the blue. Blue was hard to keep up. Thankfully, both my sister and I were born with naturally platinum blonde hair, so dyeing it wasn’t hard for us at all. No bleaching required, usually. “SO, I did actually make a beanie for the baby.”

“Speaking of babies and beanies… who’s the boy I’ve seen you all snuggled up with at fire nights?” I ask her with a sly smile. “Have you got a boyfriend?”

“Well…” She says with a shy smile. “There’s this guy…” She trails off and smirks. “And he’s super cute. He’s Tempo Theif.” She explains to me quickly, before I can prompt for a name. I wasn’t familiar with him. Well, there was a name in my head, but I couldn’t put a face to it. We had almost a hundred kids here. I couldn’t possibly remember them all. “Have you seen his hair?” I shake my head, even though I probably had. Just to hear her gush. My sister had this huge, cheesy smile on her face. “It’s black! And he put colors in on all the tips and dear god his fringe…” She looks like she’s gonna explode in a fit of hormones. “And he does his eyeliner so perfect and he makes amazing coffee and likes to cuddle and he has a tongue piercing.”

“WHOA.” I state simply. “How do you know he has a tongue piercing, little girl?!?” I question excitedly.

“Well... uh… the kids had a little… ‘Get-together’ in the blocks… and uh… uh… OH HEY LETS BOTH LOOK OVER THERE A SQUIRREL.” She says quickly, blushing bright red. I, for once, did not fall for this. I usually do. Because, somewhere in my mind, I wished there was a squirrel in the desert. I could leash it up and tame it and play with it and his name would be Sir Squirrelington… No. I needed to stay on track.

“Oh.my.god.” I state to her, nearly squealing with excitement. I had to block my baby out, she or he didn’t need to hear this stuff. “You two kissed! You two kissed!” I squeal, holding her hands excitedly. She blushes and smiles happily. “Oh my god, you two so kissed. You so did!”

She laughs at me. “He kissed me. It was amazing.” She smiles. “He was my first kiss.”

“Mine was HORRIBLE.” I tell her. “You’re a lucky one, little sis. Most people’s first kiss majorly sucks.”

“So… we just kinda were dancing” I raise an eyebrow, silently asking if this is the kind of dancing that was acceptable for public viewing, or the kind that’d make a stripper blush. “SLOW DANCING” she clarifies for me, earning her a nod of big sister approval. “to the music and we turned to face each other and he leaned down to tell me something, well, I thought he was trying to tell me something, but then he just kissed me.”

“And there was tongue involved.” I state simply. It was a natural conclusion. I, infact, was her age, once upon a time. Actually, her age is just about when I met Frank and fell MADLY in love.

Another bright pink blush erupts on her face. “Well, no, that was later.” She says with a smirk. “He was so nice about it, asking if it was okay if we went somewhere else, not pushing me to do anything.”

My curiosity was geniunly spiked now. “Anddd?” I ask.

“That shit is amazing.” She says happily. “I really like him. We cuddled.”

“There was CUDDLING?!?!?” I ask incredulously. “No way, not after that. That boy was worked up, I promise you that. Is that like, kiddie slang for something now?”

“No. Like, he held me and we cuddled.” She explains, looking at me like I’m old and out of touch. I probably was. Or was I just fat? Things to ponder….

I will ponder this later and answer my sister now; I decide “Hey, I’m just asking!” I say to her with a laugh. I hug my sister, than sit back up in my spot, as does she. “So are you two, like, exclusive? Or is this like a friends with a cuddle benefit thing?” I ask, trying to sound casually interested. Not trying to pry for details. Nope. I was the cool big sister right now. The kind that’d let her sister borrow her pushup bra for a big date, if a shirt just didn’t look right without it. The kind of sister who would SO cover for you if you were out past curfew. The kind that’d kick so much ass if a boy made ONE tear fall from her baby sisters face.

“We’ve been dating two months now.” She’s beaming, smile bright as the sun. heh heh. Sun.

“Any dates? Is he one of the kids we allow to use a car?”

“He has a motorcycle. One helemet, he gives it to me. He took me out to dinner a few times.”

I smile and nod my approval. “Nice job, sis!”

She grins at this. She was very-smiley today. She wasn’t SULLEN usually, but she was, at the least, a little more mellow than I was. “Yeah. And he doesn’t expect anything after. He hasn’t asked for us to do anything more than kiss.” She explains before I can even broach the subject.

“Good. When you’re ready, you know. Nobody else can make that choice for you. I suggest when you think you’re ready; you wait another week or two, see if the feelings are the same.” Good advice a magazine I’d found had given me. “And also, if he tries any shit, you knock him the hell out.” I’ve had to do this. Some boys don’t get ‘do not touch my chest. Ever.’ But they seem to when you finally break their nose with your hand. Suddenly, their hearig is a lot less selective.

She nods her understanding. “He’s a nice guy, sissy. He really is.”

“Upperclassjoy?” I ask her. She nods. “How old?” Here’s where I become very suddenly and intensly afraid.

“Um… he just uh… he just turned 18 a few days ago…” She trails quietly.

“No. End it. He’s too old.” I say in a highly sarcastic voice. We both laugh our butt’s off at the stupid face I was making, in conjunction with my faked disapproval. “As long as you feel safe. Remember, you’ve always got my block to sleep in if you need to feel safer. Does he sleep in your block?”

“He gave up his bed in the upperclassjoy block to another kid so he could sleep in my block.”

Bullshit. I knew the capacity of the Blocks at all times. “All the blocks are capacity, but your block is short two beds…” I raise an eyebrow. “And one is occupied by one couple…”

“OKAY SO WE SLEEP IN THE SAME BUNK. SO SHOOT ME.” She says, throwing her hands up and laughing. I smile. “AND YES. HE SLEEPS SHIRTLESS.” She yells a bit before I can even ask. “AND IN SWEATPANTS. AND YES. IT IS THE DAMN SEXIEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN.”

I wait for her to stop laughing, and for my own giggle fit to die down. “So… abs, then?”

“8.” She says simply. I nod, lip a bit out in a way commonly read as ‘niiiiicceee.’ She waits a moment before giggling and speaking. “But dear god, those shoulders…” She looks like she may melt into a puddle of goo and admiration.

“And anything else?” I ask her.

“Um... he’s getting Fun Ghoul to give him a tattoo?” She says. I laugh at her. “He’s not sure what though.”

“Just tell him to stay away from fingers.” Frank says, walking back in. “Those hurt. Trust me.” He walks right up, kisses my forehead and joins us. “And I assume you’re talking about Tempo Theif. Who beat the hell out of some guy in a fight just now.”

My sister hops to her feet. “Oh god, is he okay?!? What happened?!?” She looks terrified. “FUN GHOUL ANSWER ME!” She says, looking just how I do when I’m angry.

He laughs. “Chill, Spark. He just whipped some dudes ass.”

She calms down. “oh.” She thinks for a moment. “Um... what over?”

“You.” He says simply. He has a stupid smile on his face.

She clears her throat once. “If you’d both excuse me for a moment…” And with that statement barely finished, my sister takes the hell off. I leap up, peak out the window, just in time to see Spark fly into this kids’ arms. He lifts her up, twirls her around, holds her a few inches above the ground, and kisses her. Once he sets her down on her feet, I stop “awww”ing over the cuteness at seeing my sister smiling so big I know it has to hurt, while this kid is bent down a bit to rub noses with her. Which she seemed to enjoy. He pecks her forehead, takes her hand and walks off with her. He then sees me looking at him through the window. I make a horizontal ‘V’ with my fingers, point to my eyes, point to him, and back to my eyes. He nods curtly, and I do a short nod back. He got the picture. I could tell that much from the fear in his eyes.

He’s afraid.

Smart boy.


(Kobra’s POV)

I’d just woken up. It was just about 10 am. I decided to start planting soft kisses all over the body currently co-occupying my bed.

“Mm, morning.” Says a very sleepy boy in the space infront of me. He turns to face me, letting me place a chaste kiss on his lips and smile at him. “You’re really hot, y’know that?”

“So you’ve told me.” I say with a rather suggestive smirk. He playfully hits me. “But yeah, I know.” He laughs a bit, and it makes me smile again. “Did you sleep okay?”

“Uh, duh! I had you keeping me all nice and warm, all night long.” Cyaide replies to my question easily, perfectly timed at that. I give him another kiss. He pulls back. This is not a good sign.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him with a small frown.

He wrinkles his nose all adorably. “You have horrid morning breath. Go, brush your teeth.” I decide to kiss his forehead, crawling over him, going to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I do so, and return to him. Right before I climb back into bed with the boy that’s all tangled up in my sheets, I decide to lock my doors, pull my blackout curtains.

“So, that’ll be thirty dollars.” I tell him, climbing back into the warm bed. This time, he’s on my left, with me on the far-right edge of my bed. He pulls me close to the middle with him, though. Which is okay. He finds a way to wiggle into my arms. He liked being held, that much was obvious.

“For a night?” He laughs a bit. “And we didn’t even do anything!”

“Except suck face.” I say bluntly. He smiles a little at my off-beat joke.

He pokes my neck as he speaks. “I’ll get you some cover up for that.” He’d left a nice purple hickey on my neck, brought on by some very eager and over-achieving sucking. I didn’t have long enough hair to hide it. “And for mine.”

“Yeah, well, I try.” I say with a small shrug. I hold him closer to me. “It’s Saturday.” I state, having nothing else to say.

“And I assume you’ll be keeping me to yourself all day?”

“Well, I figure you could tell everyone you’re sick. Something’s going around. And then I’d say I was sick. I’m sure Leslie would say he was too, so it doesn’t look too fishy.” I explain my idea quickly after stating that. “And then we just stay here all day, doig whatever.” He nuzzles his head into my bare chest, making me smile. “Come on, go grab a radio, act sick for your Mikey. We’ll spend all day here, just cuddling. And watching movies.”

He holds the radio in his hand, but speaks to me before buzzing in to fake being ill. “So… you’re obviously not flamboyantly gay like me…” He’s silently asking if I want him to tone it down.

“Just keep being the you I fell for.” I reply. He beams at me, like I’d just given him kittens and a manicure. I kiss the top of his head, then down to his forehead, the tip of his nose, and then give him a soft kiss on the lips. He smiles at me. “And then brush your teeth. Yours isn’t much better than mine.”

He holds up a finger, telling me to wait a moment. He starts making a noise like he’s choking, then buzzes into the radio waves. “Guys and dolls, the Queen of Queen’s is ill. I fear it may be pneumonia! I bequeath my crown to the ever fabulous… well, the first gay kid you dolls can think of here at the Academy. I’ll be in my Block today. Leave me alone, please and thanksies!” He then knocks on the Block wall, which connects to his brother’s block.

Leslie responds quickly. “Bro?”

“Say you’re not feeling great in about 30 minutes. Make it believable.” He says simply. I could almost hear Northern Lights roll his eyes at his brother’s request. “And don’t you roll your eyes at me, Mister. I’m spending a lazy day. No interuptions. None. Make sure of it.” He says, and then climbs over me, brushing his teeth and returning to his spot on my left. I yawn, reach an arm aroud him. “Really? You’re above that, Kob!”

“That was an actual yawn! Not a move!” I say, defending myself instantly. He giggles at me.

“Sweetie, I don’t care if it is a move. It’s just so adorbs to be in bed with you, like, not having had sex or anything.” He says with a cute blush. “And the whole you thinking my love of corsets is kinda sexy is also a major plus in regards to how awesome you are.”

“Really sexy.” I correct him quickly. “Like, that you’re so comfortable with yourself you’d wear one.”

“You should try it some time!” he says cheerily. “I’d so let you do me while you wore one.”

“Hold up, you’re a bottom.”

“Oh yeah. Majorly. I’ll top, but I take.” He says with his eyes big. “I don’t give. Except… y’know… foreplay.”

“Oh really?” I smirk.

“Easy you horny devil!” He says, slapping my hand away from his hip. “Not today! We just started dating a few freaking hours ago! At least take me out for a few dinners first!” He’s laughing, and so am I. we both collapse into giggles, then into each other. I’d let my lips hover a bit, letting him make the choice. All of a sudden, his hands ar eon my hips bones, and he’s pulling me on top of him. Our lips are hurridly together, and he’s just got his hands on my back. I put one on the side of his face, then move my lips awa, just laying my head on his chest. I decide to flip him on top, so I could hold him. He won’t let me, though. He decides to go back to cuddling. I’m okay with this.

(Frank’s POV)

Sun’s come back to bed, and I’ve set up a movie. I pat the space next to me, back in my second pair of sweatpants. Sun kind of just stares at me. “Something wrong, sweetie?” She stays silent, eyes wide. “Sunnie?”

“Shirt.” She nods to my bare chest. “You don’t have one.”

“Nah,” I reply easily. “It’s invisible.” This earns me a laugh. I feel like a puppy that’s been rewarded.

“That was a good one!” She says with a chuckle. Adorable. Utterly so. Even with her big belly, she was utterly adorable and so beautiful. I did prefer her blonde, but you know, she was in mourning still. Less so everyday.

“But yeah, I’m not wearing a shirt.” I say, basically forcing her to look. “The ink needs air, baby!”

“Yeah, I want you to cover some of the scary ones when the baby comes.” She says. “Don’t want it thinking the world is a scary place. I’m going to raise my baby right. Not thinking the world is perfect, but not thinking it’s horrible. Just knowing how it is. I’ll not be the baby’s bestfriend, but I’ll be a good mom. Well,” She hesitates, biting the corner of her lip. “I hope I’ll be a good mom. What if I can’t change a diaper right?”

“I can!” I say cheerily. “Don’t worry, you’ll be a great mom.” I say, running a hand through her jet black hair. “I miss the blonde.” I murmur. She shrugs. “The black is nice, though.”

“I like the black.” She says simply. She isn’t even looking at me. Too busy looking at my tattoo on my abdomen, it seems.

“Hey sweetie?”

“Yeah?” She asks, still staring down.

“I’m gay.”

“That’s good to know.” She says, so not paying attention.

“And I’m leaving for Mikey?”

“Cooool.” She replies, still looking at the tattoo.

“I’M HAVING HOT, STEAMY, GAY BUTTSEX WITH JET STAR. AND THREE WAYS WITH MOON.”

This, it seems, get’s her attention. Her eyes go wide, her head tucks down and back into her neck a bit, mouth open, looking disgusted. “Dude, really?”

“No. But my eyes are up here, not near my sparrows.” I laugh to her. She relaxes, back to smiling Sun.

“Good. Because that’s a nasty mental image I did not and never will need again.” She waits a beat. “ever.”

We both crack the hell up, making her smile. “So…” She says. “I like your ink. You know I’ve always liked it.”

“Yeah, I know. I remember…” She slaps a hand over my mouth.

“We pomised not to talk about that time ever again.” She says, blushing a bright scarlet. “Ever.”

I lick her hand, making her squeal and recoil it from its place over my mouth. “Hey, it was a good time!” I say, hand’s up in my own defense. She leans through the space in my hands and kisses me rather suddenly. I smile into it, and she pulls on my newly re-inserted lip ring a bit. “mm…” I hum into the kiss. She makes her bump disappear, I can feel the vibrations in the air. She scoots closer to me, and I wrap my arms around her, a hand on the back of her neck. Hers goes to my hair. She’s still kissing me, and I’m sure as hell kissing back. I pull her closer and she lets me. Her stomach is pressed against mine; she’s morphed it into flatness. There’s a slight groan from the both of us, and I move my lips to her neck.

“I never stopped missing you.” I whisper, still kissing up and down her neck. Where the hell was that spot she loved having kissed…. It’d been so long since I’d had the chance to kiss her and find it. Well, I’d been able to kiss her, but not ACTUALLY kiss her.

“I missed you too, Frankie…” She says while I smirk into her neck.

“Why didn’t you come back? I ask between kisses, still searching for the spot that made her melt.

“I was in love.”

I stop immediately. “Yeah, well, he knocked you up.”I tell her. She looks down, bites her lip. “Sun?” She’s speaking in a mumble. “What?” she mubmles a bit louder. “Speak clearly, sweetie.”

“I said… so did you…” She whispers. I jerk my head up to look at her.

“Excuse me I did what?” I ask her wuickly, sounding panicked. How the hell did I not know that?!?

“You got me pregnant too…” she whispers. “And uh… I lost the baby… right before I was gonna tell you. It’s amazing this pregnancy has lasted…” She looks very afraid. I hold her close, immediately sorry for my harsh words. “It just.. I’ve never had a preganancy last more than a moth or two. Eight months and a week is just… wow.”

She’s morphed back to how she looks, bump included. I put my hand on it cautiously. Her eyes light up in joy. “Well, I’ll love this baby like it was mine.” I say to her, kissing her softly. “Are we like, a thing?”

“I dunno.” She says. I have to hide a sigh. Even with Poison dead, and buried, she wasn’t over it. And I imagined she wouldn’t be for a long time. She’s here, having slept not only in my bed, but in my arms, in my room, in my clothing, having just KISSED me, let me kiss her neck. That is something only couples do. But then, if I ask where we stand, she doesn’t know?!? I don’t want to get hurt again. I’d been hurt when she was with Party, then she left him, returned to me, then left me again. I’d been hurt seeing her grieve, watching her physical appearance change with her pregnancy (caused by my best friend) and with her signs of mourning. I refused to take her answer as final. She would be mine, if it killed me.

That’s the thing about Sun. She’s clear as crystal, or clear as mud. There is no inbetween.

(About 10 pm that night.)

(Sun’s POV)
So I’d finally told Frank he’d knocked me up a few times, but the baby’s had never lasted past a few weeks. He’d taken it well. He’d not taken well my answer to if we were a couple or not. So now, of course, he was trying to act super romantic or something. So he made me dinner, put on a movie, talked to me about the baby. Talked TO the baby too. My baby responded with kicks. Apperantly, said child really liked the Misfits. And Flogging Molly. And Chopin. Which is kind of an odd assortment. Frank even got his guitar out, plugged it in, with headpones on an attachment, put the headphones on either side of my belly, and played a soft song to the baby. Who promptly kicked her approval of it. When it stopped, she kicked HARD. My kid wanted music, and it wanted it NOW.

All this was reassuring. I was so happy and amazed that there was a human being inside me, who was gonna be out in a few weeks, maybe even as soon as five days, and be here to meet me. I’d hold my baby, nurse it, rock it, burp it. Probably get puked on by it once or twice. See the baby smile, gurgle… cry. I was even ready to wake up at all hours with my baby, just to sing her or him to sleep. The lost sleep would be worth seeing something that I helped make, that I carried, that I gave a life.

But it was terrifying. What if I wasn’t good at being Mommy? What if like, the baby got sick and I didn’t know what to do? Or the baby cried and I couldn’t make her or him stop? All these “what if’s” worried me. But then, I remember my support team I had behind me. Death Defying basically raised three kids he’d adopted, including one born right before the couple came to the Academy. Show Pony loved babies. Cyanide Killer had basically found out everything he could on the care required. Kobra would enjoy playing with said child, teaching it to be “awesome as hell” as he said. I knew Fun Ghoul, who was peacefully sleeping with his arms around me now, would be Daddy, if I asked. But did I want him to be Daddy? Well, that’s where things got confusing and more than a little terrifying.

Yes, I did. My kid needed a dad. I knew that much. Every kid needs a dad, it’s important to have a strong male figure from an early age. And I knew Frank would be a good dad. Nice, but strict when he needed to be. Loving and caring, but not a friend. He’d be a dad, not a friend. He’d be fair. He’d be somebody to intervene during those teenage years where, if I had a daughter, I’d have another me on my hands. God forbid she have my temperament as a teenager. I prayed she’d have her father’s. A bit more mellow, a lot less hyperactive and rebellious.

But no, I didn’t want Fun Ghoul to be Daddy. I wanted the baby’s father to be Daddy. Party Poison. I wanted party. God, the things I’d do for a hug from him. I’d give up my morphing ability, which I now really appreciated. It was really less of a curse. I’d learned to control it more and more. The black hair and eyes that matched Partys’ color hadn’t changed. I’d tried, they wouldn’t budge. I missed him so much. I’d leave Frank, waddle to the grave site, sit there. Talk to him for a bit. Even though I couldn’t get a response, it was comforting. Just telling him about my day, how the baby was doing. How much I missed him and wished he could be here still. When I’d started making my trips, I’d been angry with him. I’d yelled a bit, angry he’d not been stronger, that he hadn’t fought harder. That he couldn’t just, for once, not be the hero.

It’d been made very obvious to me by Korse, while I was in the labs, that Party Poison had died so that the rest of us could make it. He’d tortured me, telling me about all the crap they’d done to him. I’d been forced to hear it all. Every last detail. From the knives they’d used, to where they’d used them, and how long they used them for. The acids they’d dropped on to him. They said h took it in silence. Korse had told me directly that he’d died asking I not be hurt. And asking for everyone else to be let go peacefully, without harm. They’d violated him in so many ways. Not rape, thank god. Korse probably couldn’t rise to the occasion.

But still, I’d sit, talk to him. Sometimes I’d bring something to draw with. I’d tried to draw him a few times, but it never worked. I couldn’t get farther than an eye. All I drew were his eyes, over and over. They never came out quite right. I’d put all my drawings of these eyes into a shoe box under my bed in my Block.

I can feel my baby kicking. She wants to talk.

“Mommy?” The voice asks. Still thougha very feminine voice. Allthough, there are times I could swear the voice beongs to a baby boy.

“Sweetie?” I reply.

“I don’t wanna be in here anymore.” She says simply.

“Sorry, baby, but you need to stay in a little longer.” I sigh to her mentally.

“NO.” My baby sounds angry. “I wanna come out SOON.”

“Sweetie, I know. Mommy wants to meet you as soon as she can. You need some more time to be finished being made perfect. Some more time to grow.”

“How soon?”

“Two weeks at the very, very least.” I think. “Four would be better.”

I can hear the sigh. “Fine. I’ll wait. But I just wanna meet you.”

I laugh a bit. “I know, I know. I wanna meet you. I can’t wait to hold you and hear your heart beating…” My baby doesn’t reply. She seems to have gone to sleep, so I let myself fall into a deep sleep myself, all while trying to imagine how my baby would be when I first held her.

(Three weeks later.)

(Cynide’s POV)
It was Valentines Day, and I was happily in bed with my boyfriend, after a nice good morning make-out session. “Morning Mikey-moo.” I say to him, rubbing my nose with Mikey’s. “Happy Valentine’s Day!”

He smiles, pecks my forehead. “And to you too, Cyanide.” He says with a small grin. “I have something planned for us.”

I beam. “Oh really?” I ask with a stupid smile.

“Yes really. And I’m even gonna try to dress up for it. I borrowed a tie and everything.” He smiles and kisses my forehead again. He seemed to enjoy doing that. I just enjoyed him kissing me. It was nice, being able to have a warm body to sleep next to. Especially a warm body that was a very, very nice body. That was always there in the morning. Who didn’t mind me liking being cuddled to death.

“Oh, how special!” I say to him with a small chuckle. He re-adjusts, and I give a small noise of my approval. He grins and moves again. “m-mikey… stop…” I say, biting my lower lip hard.

“No. It’s fun. You’re making cute faces.”

“We said we weren’t gonna have sex yet…” I said, still biting my lip hard, as he continues to move.

“I never said anything about us having sex. And I’ll be honest, I’ve got the basic idea of what goes where, I mean, I know my way around a porn magazine,” he blushes bright red. “But other than that, you’re leading.”

“Uh, I’m taking. You’re giving. That’s all there is to it.” I say, trying to keep my head on straight while he moves himself a little harder and a little slower. “You need to stop, or I’m gonna die.”

“Eh.” He says. “You look eatable right now…” He goes to attacking my neck.

“Chill your dick, Mikey-moo.” I say, pulling him off gently. He frowns a bit. “Go on, take a shower.” I say, as he awkwardly shuffles around, trying to hide the problem in his pants. I slap his ass a bit. “Go.”

He shakes his head. “No!” He smile splayfully. I slap his ass again. “No!”

“Mikey-moo, go on, I need one too!” I laugh and smile. “And I can’t take one until you do!”

He smirks at me suddenly. “Or… we could take one together?” He suggests.

I smile at him flirtatiously. “Hm…” I say. Mikey stands up, pulling me by the hand out of bed, dragging us to the shower. He turns around once we’re in the shower, stripping down. “Dat. Ass.” I say simply, stripping down to my underwear. Which I may’ve stolen from Neon Sun’s bag of new underwear she bought from somewhere in town. Possibly. Maybe. Probably. Totally. Past that, I was a tad uncomfortable. Mikey turns around, fully naked. Which was a sight. Which I was happy to see.

“You can’t shower with those on.” Mikey says to me bluntly. “Go on, take them off.” I hesitate, shake my head, and reach down for my sweatpants. No, I’d go back to bed, maybe make breakfast, just so I can have a private shower. It wasn’t that I didn’t WANT to shower with my boyfriend; it was that I was embaressed. He’s all beautiful and muscular and skinny, and I’m just… not. “What’s wrong?” He asks while he slides his arms around my hips.

My face was bright red, I could feel it. “I don’t wanna be naked around you.” I reply to him sheepishly.

“Why?” He asks, pulling me against him.

“Well, you’re sorta uh… like, beautiful and shit. And I’m like no-”

Mikey inturupts me. “The most gorgeous thing in the entire worl whose bones I want to jump so bad it hurts right now?” He finishes for me. Complete opposite of what I was going to say, but sure, yeah, he could go with that. I smile, and wiggle out of my remaining clothing. Mikey takes one arm away from its spot around my hip, turning on the water, letting it warm up, and then pulling the both of us inside.I smile at him, happy and carefree. I was okay with being naked. Mikey and I were dating, together, happy as can be. He was being cute with me, not trying to screw me. Though physically, he was so ready for that. We’d get to it eventually.

I survey his body. “You work out.” I say simply.

Mikey looks down my body. “Damn.” He says when he looks back up. With a wink, no less.

Horny bastard.

(2 hours later)

(Sun’s POV)
It was about noon, I was walking around the camp. Surveying things, with Frank in the car behind me, ready to put me in the car if I got too tired, or when he thought I was over-exercising. I see kids, wave to them. They run over quickly. I smile. “hey guys!”

Neon Tiger approaches first, hair flooping in a bright rainbow. “Hey!” She says happily. She looks at me. “Can I touch your bump?” She asks. I nod, and she lays her hand there. I feel a slight kick. Maybe my baby was just waking up. “Oh!” She jumps a bit. I laugh. “Unexpected.”

“It happens.” I reply with a shrug. My stomach was hurting. I needed food, it would seem. It’d ben hurting for about three hours now. I let the other kids touch my stomach, and they all coo and talk to the baby inside. My baby kicks a few times. Frank pulls up next to us.

“Okay, that’s enough guys.” He says with a small laugh. “Go on, enjoy another free day.” They all scamper off happily, waving goodbye. “get in the car, darling.” He says, hoping out to hold open my door for me, ever the gentlejoy. I smile, get in, buckle up, and relax against the seat.

“Ouch.” I say, wincing. I’d been having pain in my abdomen all day. It was pretty bad, too.

Frank is suddenly alarmed. “What’s wrong?!?” He nearly yells. I bust into tears in shock and surprise at his tone and volume. “Sorry, sorry!” He says quitter, hugging me. “Just… you know, getting kinda close. What’s hurting?”

“Abdomen. I need water.” I say. He starts driving to the Diner, where the rest of the instructors were. We’d all decided to have lunch together. Infernal Heartbreak had decided it was her new favorite pass time to watch me guzzle every calorie down I could, and she’d constantly measure how big I was around my belly. She took a great amount of pleasure in doing this, that much was obvious by the near manic and psychotic giggling that occurred everytime she pulled out the measuring tape.

“You sure?” he questions, sounding anxious. “Could be contractions.”

“I promise, I’ll know when those start. This is just like cramps during my lady time.” I couldn’t stop myself from saying that. Facepalming occurs immediately after I speak, and Frank is blushing furiously. He drives faster to get to the Diner, and I smile at how awkward he felt. “No biggy, just need some food.”

“Mommy!” My baby says in my head. “I’m hungry!” I tell her I’ll be getting her food as soon as I can, and then she’s content. She was louder than usual this time, and more demanding.

I wince as Frank parks outside the Diner. Stupid cramps… I shake my head, Frank helps me out just in time to see me wince again. “Sun, are you SURE, absolutely SURE you’re okay?” I nod, even though after the ten minute drive, I’d had two different times the pain had come back.

I walk inside, guided by Frank, as I’d taken to waddling about. Because I had to, in part. The other part was because hell yeah, pregnancy steryotypes! I had to pee all the time, like, seriously all the time. I ate more than Frank and Mikey combined, and I was still sick as a dog in the mornings. Which sucked.

We all sit down to lunch, during which point I get up and have to pee six times. Six. In the space of two and a half hours.

After lunch, we’re all sitting on the couch. There’s a Disney movie on when I finally get hit with pain that really makes me wince. “OUCH!” I scream out. I quickly follow that vocalization by slapping a hand over my mouth. Violet shoots me a look immediately. She’s the only one in here that’d helped deliver a baby, as Death Defying was out with the ACTUAL doctor, who would be living at the Diner until I had my baby. On-call, 24/7.

“I have to pee!” I declare, and waddle off to the bathroom. Before I can even get down to ACTUALLY pee, I notice my bladder hurts. So, I do my business, and get redressed. I walk out, having thoroughly washed my hands. Strangely, I had a ton of energy today. Recently, I’d been so tired; I’d wanted to sleep all the time. Didn’t help that Frank had me on bedrest, especially after having learned I’d miscarried a lot with his children. Even though this baby wasn’t his, he wanted to be careful. I sit back down on the couch, but feel the need to go DO something. Clean, or something.

“Sun, go take a nap.” Violet commands. I must look tired. I trot off to the bedroom, laying down carefully. I stare at the ceiling, not able to fall asleep. My foot taps, I tap my fingers on my stomach. My abdomen, back, and stomach all lurch at the same time. I groan out in pain. I wait, another ten minutes, another one comes. And then another. And then another. And then I feel something else. I screech a bit.

Violet walks in, and notices my look of panic. “Sun?!?” She says.

“Violet?”

“What’s wrong?” She asks, sounding panicked. She then scans me up and down.

“I’m pretty sure my water just broke.”
Sign up to rate and review this story