Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Don't Try To Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

by TheCreepyKilljoy 1 review

Inspired by the song Hello by Evanescence. FrankxO.C Frank goes back on tour with the band, leaving his girlfriend for a few weeks. When he finally arrives back, he's greeted with a grim surprise.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2012-07-17 - Updated: 2012-07-17 - 1231 words - Complete

0Unrated
I've literally got NO idea where this came from. I warn you, there is death. It was slightly creepy for me to write this, but I hope you enjoy it..



It had been almost a month now since they left for tour. Only two weeks to go.
Casey sat at the kitchen counter in her small apartment, drinking a warm cup of coffee, her laptop open in front of her. It was the crack of dawn, maybe 5 or 6 in the morning. Meaning any minute now she would be getting a call on Skype from Frank.

Casey and Frank had been together for almost two years now; whenever the band went on tour, Frank would try to talk to her in any way he could. Video chat, phone calls, emails. It was all worth it to get to communicate. Though, most times it seemed he could only email, the guys always seemed to be busy. Too busy to talk on the phone, too busy to video chat with. But Casey didn't mind. She never did.

Moments later, Frank appeared online. He called only seconds after.
Casey answered and Frank's smiling face came on screen. "Morning, baby", he waved at her. She smiled back with a small wave "Hi." "How are things around there?" Frank asked softly and Casey yawned.

"Normal, I guess. A bit lonely, but I'll survive."

"Ah..that's good to hear.."

"Mhm..How are you guys doing?"

"Great. The tours been going really well, we've met so many fans and it's so good to see all these people show."

"Good..Good.."

Frank smiled widely at her. "Yeah..We'll be back in I'd say..2 or 3 weeks." Casey was happy to hear that. "Thank god..I've missed you guys so much." she beamed. Frank nodded and looked somewhere out of shot. "Case..." he began. "Uh..Yeah?" she muttered back. "I love you. You're my whole world. You know that, right?" he stared at the small camera, giving the illusion that he was actually gazing at her. Casey smiled back, blushing. "Of course. I love you too, Frankie." Frank grinned but looked back off screen and nodded as his expression fell. "Hey...I hate to leave so soon, but we gotta go..Autograph signing. I'll email you later". Casey sighed and nodded, solemnly. "Two weeks, remember" Frank smiled at her. She returned the smile and nodded "two weeks" she murmured back. Frank blew her a kiss through the screen and signed off, leaving her sitting there to stare blankly at the laptop. "Two Weeks"

--

The two weeks had breezed by. Casey woke that morning, excitement surging through her body. Frank, Gerard, Ray, and Mikey would be back today. Right as she about to get out of her bed, she realized something. She couldn't move. Her legs her limp and numb, she couldn't even feel them.

"Wh-Wha-?!", Casey was getting scared. She moved around to grab her phone, quickly flipping it open and calling her older sister, Sarah. She picked up after two rings.

"What is it?"

"Sarah. My legs can't move. I can't even feel them. I'm stuck in my bed you need to get here now."

"Cas-..How? What happened?"

"I don't know but please, please try to get here soon!"

"I..I'm on my way."

There was a click and she was gone. Casey lay back in her bed and gazed at the wall in front of her. Maybe this is a dream. She pinched herself, poked, prodded, and slapped herself. Nothing. She tried to go 'back to sleep', to see if she would wake up. Still nothing. Casey started to panic. Right then, the front door opened and closed and a very concerned looking Sarah stood in the doorway, her brown hair a mess behind her head. Casey looked at her, feeling slightly more weary. She tried moving again. She couldn't. Sarah rushed over to her side, pulling the covers back and searching her sister's legs for any sign of what could be wrong. "What the hell...How.." she looked worriedly up at Casey, and hand still gently placed on her knee. "I..I don't know.." Casey said, with a small cough. What was wrong with her?

The phone rang. Sarah walked into the kitchen to grab it. "Hello?...Hi...Sarah, her sister...Okay...Okay yeah I'll let her know...No problem." There was the sound of the phone clicking back down onto the 'dock', as Casey called it, and Sarah walked back into the room. "It was Frank. They'll be here in an hour.." Casey stared at her sister, tears rolling down her cheeks. "What's wrong with me? Why's this happening to me??" was all she said before leaning her head back and letting out a choked sob. Sarah walked over and sat on the other side of the bed, putting an arm around her sister's shoulders. She gently kissed her cheek and wiped away the tears. "You'll be alright. I promise. You're my baby sister, I'd never let anything happen to you." she whispered. "Call a doctor. Call the hospital. Get me out of here.." Casey sighed, gazing tiredly at Sarah. "Wait...M-maybe you'll be alright. You probably need more sleep. Or your muscle are just..really sore." she tried to reassure her sister, but Casey was hardly convinced. More tears roller down her face. "Help.." she muttered and tried to reach an arm up to her sister's shoulder, arm, anything. She needed to feel something real. Know this wasn't all so unbelievable. But she realized her arms were becoming numb, too.

Only about a half hour later, Frank knocked on the door. Sarah got up and made for the front door. When she got there, she opened it and stared somberly at Frank. He was smiling at first, but his smile faded and he instead looked concerned. "What's going on? Wh-what happened??" Frank asked, suddenly frantic. Sarah stepped aside, letting Frank in. He just stared at her, confusion and worry splayed across his face.

Within only half an hour, Casey's health had deteriorated significantly. She was barely holding on to life. How could this happen to someone like me? Why me? Why anyone? She had no idea what death was like, but she knew she'd be experiencing it soon, whether she wanted to or not. She lay helplessly in bed; none of her limbs could function properly and she'd become more drowsy, more fatigued. She felt like her body was shutting down.

Sarah looked at the man before her, a pitiful expression on her face. "One moment..." she muttered and rushed back off to her younger sister's side. "You said..you said you'd make sure I was o-okay. You said you would make sure your baby sister was okay.." Casey murmured. Tears leaked from Sarah's eyes "I'm so..so sorry, babe...I wish I'd done something..I'm horrible..I'm so sorry.." she murmured, ghosting her fingers over his sister's cheek. "I..love you still though, Sar.." Casey choked out. Sarah grimaced and watched as her sister stared toward the doorway to a broken looking Frank. He choked, all his words failed him then. Sarah turned back to her sister; her eyes were still pointed toward the doorway where Frank stood. She smiled one last time, before the familiar gleam in her eyes faded. Until she was just a shell of a once lively, beautiful being.


Fin.
Sign up to rate and review this story