Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

The Voices

by BleedingValentine 3 reviews

The prophecy begins to make sense... and the voices begin to return.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-19 - Updated: 2012-07-19 - 1246 words - Complete

5Exciting
HERE IT IS. I hope you like it! This chapter's a bit shorter than the other ones, but... whatever. BEFORE you read this, however, go please read, rate and review my latest story; http://www.ficwad.com/story/197096. I don't even care if you don't 'rate' this chapter, go waste it on my new story. I'm really proud of it.

Now, you're back. Did you enjoy my new story? DIDJA? Well now you can read this :D I hope you like it!

Chapter 14; The Voices


“What do you mean?” asked Gerard, turning and looking at Frank.

“Can you seriously not tell yet?”

“What can’t I tell?”

“Well, only the fact that Mikey’s the only one that Dana’s never cruel to, she practically tricked him into going to dinner with her...”

“Get to the point,” said Gerard. To be honest, he knew exactly what Frank was getting at, he just didn’t want to admit it.

“Dana likes Mikey. Hard to believe, as she is like such a heartless cow...” said Frank. Gerard scowled. “Sorry, dude, but it’s true.”

“I didn’t want to admit it,” Gerard said, resting his head against the wall. “I think after Linnea said it, I couldn’t deny it.”

“What are you talking about?” asked Frank. Gerard sighed and sat down next to him.

“You know what she said? In the prophecy? Four romances... Dana and Mikey would cross off one.”

“Ray and Anna...”

“I guess that was ascertained from the start,” said Gerard, grinning.

“So, I guess that leaves you and me...” said Frank.

“Why don’t I just date you right now and we don’t have to worry about it?” Frank burst out laughing.

“That would only be three!”

“You don’t know, maybe Jenna and Abbie are getting it on down there...”

“Gee!” Frank shoved his shoulder. “I can’t see that happening.”

“Neither can I. I was only joking, Frankie,” said Gerard. Frank sighed.

“I know, Gee, I know. I just wish things weren’t so awkward... I wasn’t expecting this when we set off on that cruise all those weeks ago.”

“Shit.”

“What is it?”

“You do realise we’re cut off from the entire world on this island? Our families probably think we’re dead,” said Gerard, staring into the fire. Frank’s face fell.

“They would, would’t they? Oh god... I never even thought about it,” he said, staring up at Linnea.

“I suppose that’s what she wanted to happen,” said Gerard, suddenly feeling a deep resentment towards the witch. “She told us that she changed our minds about that. Didn’t she say something like she can alter what information we take in? She couldn’t stop us from leaving if we wanted to... so she made sure wanting to leave never crossed our minds.”

“Well fuck,” said Frank, staring at Gerard. The watched each other for a moment, before both of them burst out laughing. Maybe from the stress of being underground for so long, maybe because they were finally losing their mind, they just had to laugh.

“Okay, I’m feeling better,” said Gerard, chuckling. Frank smiled and nodded, resting his head on Gerard’s shoulder.

“Once upon a time...”

“What?”

“A unicorn and a cupcake...”

“You’re weird.”

“I know I am.”
____________________

“Hey,” whispered Tay, creeping over to sit next to Gerard later on that day. He sat up from where he lay uncomfortably on the floor, trying to get a couple of hours of sleep. After what felt like a whole twenty hours of walking they’d finally agreed to rest, in a strange little cavern in which they’d lit a fire and decided to try and sleep.

“Hi,” said Gerard, sitting up. Tay moved around to sit next him, drawing her knees around her chest as she sat down

“You feeling okay?”

“No. We should have asked Linnea to give us pillows,” he groaned. Tay laughed quietly and looked up at Gerard in the dim light.

“I just thought you might be feeling... down... after Dana today,” she said. Gerard sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

“I guess I knew it already. You know...” Gerard sighed. “Oh, what’s the point. I wonder if Mikey feels the same about her.”

“Perhaps. Dana’s never really spoken a lot about you, believe it or not. Not you, not Mikey... she doesn’t talk much, to be honest. I think she has some trust issues from after you moved in next to her.”

“It would have been nice if she’d just told me what the problem was, instead of biting my head off about it for seven years,” said Gerard. “How was I supposed to know she was jealous? I thought she was just a plain ol’ bitch.”

“Well, she can do that sometimes,” said Tay, giggling. Gerard grinned.

“And, of course, then she met Mikey.”

“My own little brother, hey?”

“That’s something she was complaining about when she first told me about Mikey,” said Tay. “Kept asking why he had to be your brother of all people.”

“Guess she really doesn’t like me?”

“Understatement.”

“Thanks. But...”

“She doesn’t believe in love,” said Tay, quietly. Gerard turned and looked at her.

“What do you mean?”

“As in, Dana doesn’t believe in love. She doesn’t want to admit it. When she moved here, she had the chance to forget about you guys. She almost got over Mikey. Then of course, when you four turned up, it screwed everything up.”

“Sorry, I guess,” said Gerard. They remained in silence for a few moments, before Tay spoke up again.

“Could I have a hug?” she asked, in the tiniest voice Gerard had ever heard. He was confused, but put his arm around her.

“What’s wrong?”

“Three things I hate the most are the dark, and enclosed spaces. And being alone,” she said, still in that weird quiet voice. “Just my luck to be stuck in a cave.”

“Hey, we’re gonna get out of here soon,” said Gerard. “We’ll find them and get our butts out of here as soon as possible,”

“We better,” said Tay. They sat in silence, as the embers of the fire flickered. Soon enough, Tay’s breathing became slow and even, and her weight began to press down on Gerard’s shoulder. She’d fallen asleep. Gerard just sighed and settled back, closing his own eyes.
____________________

Jasmine didn’t sleep anywhere near as peacefully. She didn’t sleep at all. Whilst she’d done all she could to make her friends comfortable, she was sitting in the corner trying to stop the voices from coming back into her head.

She was on the edge of tears as she concentrated on her fingers, trying her best to shove out the voices that tickled at the edge of her brain.

It became too much.

One of the voices snuck in.

Yes, it was pretty short. Sorry? I couldn't make it longer, not without padding it up too much and rambling on. Anyway, if you didn't do it earlier, GO AND READ MY NEW STORY. Nao. It's a rewrite, so it's not gonna be that tricky to write. Go. Now. Do it.

-Death glare-

And, while you're at it, go and read tmbfucks' story 'Drama On The Second Page'. Because, you know, I want you to. Do it. Now. Go.

BleedingValentine xx
Sign up to rate and review this story