Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Life Among The Dead.

I Was Killing Before Killing Was Cool...

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 2 reviews

"I'm a fucking murderer"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-07-20 - Updated: 2012-07-20 - 1147 words - Complete

0Unrated
Franks POV

It’s been a week since the Wal-Mart incident, I’ve learnt allot about Gerard and Mikey in that time, we’re really similar and if circumstances were different we probably would have been really good friends, but it’s not, and I really like these guys, they’re funny and people I could see myself start to care about, or already care about, not being social or having anyone around for so long meant for me, that now there is, I’ve instantly latched onto them as my friends…my family, I mean that’s what we are, a little dysfunctional, zombie killing family, and now I’m kind of scared, I keep getting images in my mind of them getting hurt, and quite frankly I don’t know how I’d handle that. It was easier on my own, only having to worry about myself, but soon, if I stay any longer, I’ll be worrying for them, losing focus, getting myself killed because I’m worried about them, and as much as I don’t want to be alone again, it seems like the best option for me…

According to the digital clock on the dashboard it’s twelve noon, Bob pulled up at what seemed to be a disused gas station…seemed to be, he beeped the horn on the car and rolled down the car window, and no more than ten seconds later, five zombies came running out of the bathroom and store, it’s a fucking good thing I had a piss at the last stop. Bob shot them all, giving them a double tap just to make sure they were dead-dead, and rolled the window back up. “um…Bob, I-I umm…” Mikey stuttered Bob sighed heavily “You need a piss don’t you?” he asked Mikey nodded and Bob climbed out of the truck closely followed by Mikey, leaving Gerard and I alone and unarmed in the truck, as Bob and Mikey walked toward the toilets Gerard leant forward and locked the car from the inside, he then sat back down and turned to me “So…I think we’re going to be here a while.” He said laughing quietly “Why?” was all I could think of saying Gerard looked at me and shrugged “Mikey has this issue, he can’t ‘go’ while people are around, and he can almost never ‘go’ when he’s under pressure.” I nodded I felt a smile creep across my face, I kind of phased out for a while, Gerard pushed my shoulder lightly “Hey spaceman how about coming back to Earth?” he said giggling, I shook my head and put on my best fake smile, but he saw right through it “What’s wrong?” he questioned, I shook my head “Nothing I’m fine” I sighed heavily “Bullshit, tell me what’s wrong.” I sighed again and shrugged “I guess it’s been bugging me…” I trailed off, Gerard cocked an eyebrow “what’s been bugging you?” his head now tilted to the side in confusion his raven hair covering his eyes “Well, when we first met, well when I met your brother and you were out cold, he told me…” I paused thinking through my words “he told me you were running from something, running from your past but he didn’t go into specifics…” Gerard sighed “oh…” he face now looking at the carpet of the car I placed a hand on his shoulder and his head shot up “You don’t have to tell me…” I said merely as a whisper his eyes caught mine, they were beautiful, but they looked broken and Gerard smiled lightly “No, you deserve to know, just…when I tell you, don’t freak out or anything…” he muttered I nodded and took my hand from his shoulder, Gerard turned to see if Bob and Mikey were anywhere to be seen and turned back when he couldn’t see them “Well…my dad was a police officer but when I was younger, he used to beat me, and then he found out I was gay…which made things worse…” he stopped talking, his eyes scanning my face, I shuffled toward him “It’s okay…” I whispered he nodded and took a deep breathe “Well one day, when I was about sixteen, Mikey hadn’t gone to school because he was ill and when I came home from school, I heard a loud bang coming from his room, so instinctively I grabbed my dad’s hand gun from the shelf and ran upstairs into his room to see that his room was completely trashed and my dad was standing over him clutching his leather belt, Mikey was my brother, I couldn’t watch him get hurt the way I was…” tears began to escape Gerard’s eyes but his face was fixated on the car seat, I didn’t know what to do so I sat in silence waiting for him to speak again “so…so I guess all the hatred for my dad kind of got to boiling point…and I shot him…I shot him three times and when his body dropped to the floor, I couldn’t move, my arm still holding the gun out to where he was once standing, and then Mikey got up, he walked over to me and took the gun from my hand, and we’ve been running ever since…” he lifted his head to face me and I watched as a tear rolled down his cheek “I’m a fucking murderer…” he muttered, I shook my head violently “No.” I stated, Gerard’s eyes widened “W-what?” he stuttered “I said no. you’re not a murderer, you were looking out for your brother and if I was in that situation I would have done exactly the same, you’re not a murderer Gerard, you’re a saviour.” Those last three words came out as a whisper; the realisation had just hit me, about how much I cared for Gerard and for Mikey for that matter.

About two minutes later Mikey and Bob returned and we hit the road, I sat in silence letting what had just happened run through my mind Gerard had just revealed his darkest secret to me and I feel like he’s my best friend, maybe even more, I don’t really know, all these emotions are so new to me, it’s been so long I don’t know what’s what with my mind anymore, but all I know, is that seeing Gerard in that state…makes my stomach churn and my heart ache…


AN: Hi guys, sorry for the long wait for the update, been bust with gcse work and stuff any way hope you enjoy Rates&Review and I'll give you Mikey with a toaster -BitterLoveBlackHeart xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story