Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Comrade

Chapter 11

by pourquoibella 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-12 - Updated: 2012-08-12 - 2189 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho/its plot/characters/etc. and make no money from this story.
Recap: Komeko, having slight problems in school, was helped out by Kurama. He misses their next tutoring session and Komeko becomes suspicious of Rin Ryusaki.


“What do you mean, there’s nothing on her?” Komeko asked Koenma in an anxious tone.

He sighed. “There’s literally nothing on file about a Rin Ryusaki. I can’t tell you who she is at all, but I can say she doesn’t exist in our files.”

That worried Komeko more, until she remembered something she had noticed about the girl. She always shied away from her bracelets. The bracelets were made of onyx, which was a relatively inoffensive stone, except to one type of demon.

Komeko threw out an expletive as she ran out of Koenma’s office.


She stood just outside of Kurama’s home and waited patiently in a tree. Her body tensed when she realized that Hiei was a branch above her. She looked up.

“Yes?” She whispered.

“What are you doing here, woman?”

“Saving everyone’s ass, so they’re not drained by a demon.”

He gave her a confused stare before looking into Kurama’s room with her. He sat on the edge of his bed with Rin sitting next to him. They had a book open and were laughing. Komeko frowned before returning her attention back to Hiei. She realized he stood on a branch beside her now, peering into the window as well.

“That girl right there is the problem.”

He stared at her again and his eyes narrowed. He assumed she was being paranoid. The girl was just jealous that Kurama had found a new female to hang around. It was something he had seen develop in a few humans before – even Keiko about Botan being around Yusuke at first. He returned his gaze back to the window and analyzed the girl as closely as he could.

She looked human. She felt human. She must be human.

“I don’t see anything wrong with her.” He concluded.

Komeko dug around in her pocket for a moment and handed Hiei a small wand with a circle at the end. The wood was semi knotted and gnarled, but still strong in his hands as he took it.

“Look through the end.”

He placed the circle over his eye and returned his gaze to the window. His balance on the branch faltered for a moment. He could see Kurama in his true demon form on the bed. He was significantly taller and his hair was silver. His tail swished happily around him and his ears twitched. The startling part was what the girl had changed to.

She had violet colored skin and eerie dark purple eyes that nearly bore into Kurama’s; her hair was also an intense black. Her hands were clawed and her clothing left little to the imagination when it came to her shapely body.

“A succubus?”

Komeko nodded her head.

However, Hiei, with curiosity getting the best of him, turned his gaze down to Komeko, enchanted wood still over his eye. Her image was blurred and he wondered why, but could see a few discernible features about her. She clearly had longer ears to where they were pointed and her chest had some sort of dark winding design on it. Her clawed hand came up to grab the wood from him.

“Excuse you.” She huffed.

He brushed her off and gave her a small glare.

“I’m going to get her tonight and take care of this. I would appreciate it, if you saw Kurama, to make sure he stays away. If she’s got him wrapped around her finger like I think she does, he may try to protect her.”

“Hn.”

“I’ll take that as a yes and if you don’t, then I’ll be after you next.”

She leveled a glare at him heavily before flitting away quite quickly. He smirked and watched the two for a moment longer, then left as well.


Rin twirled her hair around her finger and stared up at Kurama as they stood at his front door. They were saying good bye and she only needed a kiss to seal her hold on him. She could get men to desire her easily because of her demon heritage, but to get them to be hers permanently, she had to have a kiss, just one.

She gave him her sweetest smile and pushed a little more energy into her touch when she calmly placed her hand on his shoulder.

“It’s been a lovely night, Shuichi. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow at school.”

He smiled down at her and his eyes were slightly glazed over. “I agree very much, Rin. You’re incredibly pleasant to be around and you smell so sweet.”

He breathed in her scent and felt slightly woozy. It felt like something inside him was trying to wake him up. Like he wasn’t supposed to be doing what he was, but his moves were automatic. He started to lean down to kiss Rin.

“Shuichi, I need you in here please!” Shiori called from the kitchen.

That effectively parted the two and Shuichi apologized to her, then bid her good night.

Komeko stared down at Rin from her position on the roof of Kurama’s neighbor building. She un-notched her arrow and stayed still, watching the girl walk away from his house. Now was her chance.

She jumped down from the roof and landed silently, barefoot. Adrenaline pumped through her veins and a thrill ran through her entire body. She was shadowing the demon girl to get further from Kurama’s home. After they had been walking about ten minutes, she was ready. Rin started to turn a corner and Komeko tackled the girl into the wall, knocking her head against it and drawing blood.

She threw Komeko from her and growled lowly in her throat. Komeko stood quickly and they circled each other tensely. They ran to each other at the same time and Rin caught Komeko in an upper cut and a swift kick to her side. Komeko bounced back and kicked Rin right in her temple and then swept her feet out from under her.


Hiei sat relaxed outside of Kurama’s home. His eyes traveled down when he saw the red head come outside. Komeko had only been gone a few minutes, so Hiei jumped down next to Kurama. This surprised Kurama, which, in turn, slightly surprised Hiei. The fox was not normally that easy to startle, making Hiei realize that there was something wrong with him.

“What can I do for you, Hiei? I’m kind of busy right now.” Kurama stood for a moment, eyes flickering down the road.

Rin had forgotten her jacket at his house.

“I have a question for you.”

Kurama looked at Hiei with confused eyes. “Yes?”

Kurama became suspicious when he heard the sound of grunts coming from not that far away. His eyes narrowed and he took off running towards the sound. He rounded a corner and his eyes widened.


Komeko finally pinned Rin beneath her and was ready to strike the girl with her onyx-tipped arrow, when a pain surged up her arm. She dropped the arrow and looked for where the source was coming from immediately. Wrapped around her was a vine with thorns along it. She recognized it straightaway and snarled; the whip tightened, drawing blood easily this time.

Her eyes connected with Kurama’s when she looked up from her wounded arm.

“Stop what you’re doing. Why do you need to hurt this girl? She’s done nothing to you.”

Komeko glared down at Rin and shot her left hand out this time, wrapping it around her throat. She was determined to get the job done and have it break the hold she had over Kurama. She was stopped when she felt another body slam into hers.

Kurama had tackled her. He actually full out rammed into her and knocked her off of Rin. Kurama now had Komeko pinned beneath him and his eyes were very cold. She looked up at him desperately and realized she had no choice. She needed to take care of him first.

She brought her legs up to switch the hold he had on her. She was now on top of him, legs on either side of his hips, and ready to hit him on the head to knock him out. She stopped, however, when his eyes closed for a moment and opened up again. He was peering back at her with the strangest expression, which turned completely perplexed only a second after.

Komeko turned toward the sound of a scream that had erupted from behind her and saw Hiei with her previously abandoned arrow. He had stuck it through Rin’s chest and she fell to the ground in a pile of ash. Her attention returned down to Kurama and Hiei left the scene just as rapidly as he had come.

Their eyes held each other a while before Kurama interrupted it.

“I’m very sorry, Komeko.”

His vision was glued to her right arm that was covered by a maroon stained sleeve that hung next to her limply. She let go of her hold on him and got up awkwardly by leaning forward at first to move her legs, which brought her face close to his before she got away. He got up as well and followed behind her to where the ashes were being blown away by a stray gust of cool wind. She picked up her arrow and turned to Kurama.

“Forget about it. It’s not like you had any control over your actions. I knew what she was. You do too, correct?”

He nodded.

“I could tell what was happening, vaguely, and had very little control over my actions. I regret what I’ve done immensely. Will you let me help you? I use a particular poison on my whip and I don’t want you to get hurt by it.”

Komeko felt a throb in her arm a few seconds later and nodded. “Let’s do it at my house though. I don’t want to risk anything with your mom.”

They made the walk back to her home and she gave him her key to unlock the door. Once inside, he asked her to sit at the kitchen table. She sat down and waited while he fished a familiar jar from his pocket, more of his minty salve. He stared at her for a second.

“You’ll have to remove your shirt for me to get a better look at it.” He tried to maintain a detached tone, but felt nervous.

Komeko looked down at her arm and started unbuttoning her shirt one handedly, thanking herself for thinking to wear a sports bra. Shirt discarded on the table, she held her now naked arm out for him to examine. Some of the flesh was torn and bleeding still and his face changed to read worry. She watched him carefully.

“I know you aren’t human, but why does it take so long for you to heal exactly? I can’t feel any demonic energy from you, is that why?”

“Yes, I have energy cuffs on.” She pointed to her wrists and removed her bracelets.

The beads clinked on the table and the thin line tattoos were now clear to his vision. He ran his fingers over them without necessarily meaning to. She didn’t shy away from the touch.

“I wear them to blend in mostly.”

Other questions pushed on to the tip of his tongue, but he held them back. She directed him to a medical kit she had and he got out what he needed. He had cleaned the wound with a towel and some of the bleeding slowed down. He dipped his finger into the jar and put it on her arm carefully. The punctures wound in a spiral fashion from the middle of her upper arm and down to around her to just above her wrist where it was the most torn up. Once he finished, he wrapped her in white bandages.

He clipped the end of the bandage and stuck them together lightly so they stayed. His gentle hand rested on top of hers. His touch was very warm and inviting to her. She could feel the calluses on them and absentmindedly ran her thumb over his to touch them. He wanted to say he was sorry again, but felt it wasn’t really good enough.

“Look, I really don’t want you to feel bad about what happened. Heads up, if I ever get influenced by a demon, incubus, succubus, or anything meaning to control me, you’ve got my permission to kick my ass if necessary to knock some sense into me.” She smiled at him and grabbed his hand to lead him into the living room.

“Got time to watch a movie?”
Sign up to rate and review this story