Categories > Original > Drama

Imperfect.

by RosieCatherine 0 reviews

A lover that was never wanted, and a traditional white wedding. ONE SHOT.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-08-19 - Updated: 2012-08-20 - 544 words - Complete

0Unrated
[My first proper story i've liked. I'm tired. I've tried.]
She was leaning against a smooth wall, her mind full of thoughts, her heart racing. Her fingers were enclosed around a small bouquet of tulips, all white. The ribbon that was keeping them together brushed her fingers, and she paced nervously. Beautiful red hair was tamed into a neat bun, with a tiara in place. Flowing around her tanned legs was a thick piece of silky cream material, and tightly around her waist and upwards was a corset, carefully decorated with crystals. It was laced perfectly, and completed with a small bow. Glass slippers were placed on her feet, and she looked beautiful. Radient.
Tick tock. Tick tock. Time went by, and as many minutes past, new regrets arrived. A traditional wedding was never in her plans, or a rich man with endless complaints. Elegant suits, stunning dresses, and pocketfulls of money. This was something she had never wanted, never even considered in her life. Why, the rain poured, slamming on the windows like gunshots. This must be a sign.
Hustle and bustle. It was all that was surrounding her. Everything had to be perfect ; perfect wasn't a page in her story, however. Nothing was perfect. Imperfect was a key factor, that was a trait in everyone, even if they didnt realise it. Of course, she had lessons from her mother on how to be perfect. Not to tread on her trail, or slouch. Try as she may, but she failed in every lesson she was taught.
Bridesmaids. Three sisters. As the youngest, she had no flower girl. They all were crowded around her, in stunning pale pink dresses. One shoulder, and to their ankles, they all looked amazing. Of course they did, they were beautiful in every way. Perfect blond hair, that fell to their waist's in a perfect mannor. Eyes that glistened, ocean blue. Pink cheeks, and freckals. They were beautiful. They were everything she wasnt.
A rich, intelligent man was her to be husband. He was everything a girl wanted. But not this girl. He was twice her age. He was arrogant, and self absorbed. His mind swarmed with thoughts about his self. Self-obsessed. All this girl wanted was a sweet, loving man, with arms that would enfold around her, and lips that would kiss her softly. A man that she knew. A man that she couldnt have.
A farmer, and the same age as her. He had short, chocolate brown, curly hair, and his eyes were hazel. Tanned and tall, and the guy she wanted. Her favourite time of day was walking down to his small market cart, and buying some homegrown strawberries off him. As red as his lips, and tasted like heaven.
Five more minutes. Five more minutes until it happened. She would often glance at the door, watching people pile in. No. She couldn't do this. She only had one dream. To marry the love of her life. Fresh air, i need, she said. Walking out, and and she took off her heels. Running. Running as fast as she could, into the fields, and towards the farm. Molly ran straight into his arms, and together, they ran off, through the fields, towards a new life. Towards love.
Sign up to rate and review this story