Categories > Original > Fantasy

Dreams.

by RosieCatherine 0 reviews

Dreams. what are they?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-08-19 - Updated: 2012-08-20 - 584 words

0Unrated
Dreams.
Mum would always explain them as stories waiting to happen when i was younger. I'd nod, and pretend i understood. The truth is, I never knew what to dream. I'd tell my sister, in tears, and feeling abnormal. Then we came to a conclusion - she would leave me a tub full of rolled up paper, with red ribbons keeping them in place, full of different dreams i could dream. I'd chose one every night, and i thought it worked. I thought dreams were what you did at night, not your life's ambition.
As a child, you believe anything. The tooth fairy, Father Christmas.. and to me, dreaming was one of those things. I'd research dreams, learning facts that were meaninglessly taking over my brain, when really, they'd help with nothing in life. This knowledge about dreams conquered the actual knowledge i needed, and soon, my dream WAS to have a dream. Not in the way that when you fall asleep, you discover a magical world, but when you want to do something so bad it becomes your life's goal.
To me, my life was boring. I had nothing to look forward too, to try to do. For instance, at New Year, everyone would make a New Year's resolution, of things they wanted to achieve. I had nothing. I would sit at my desk, with blank piece of paper in front of me. Another example, in class. We would go around the class, asking what our dream was. Once they'd got to me, I had nothing. I'd copy the girl before me, and everyone would huff and puff.
As much as dreams were in my head, I never actually had one. If i did, i'd force myself, and they wouldn't be my actual dreams. As i said, i'd read deep into them, hearing things like "If you snore you dream" and "Turn your Cant's into Can's and make your Dreams your Plans!" and much more. But I never snored. And i had no dreams to turn into plans.
If you knew me, you'd know that i take up hobbies and drop them constantly. I had nearly tried everything. Art, Writing, Photography: you name it, and i'd have done it. Recently, i had gone into a massive hype about dancing. Dad took me to see dance shows, and i'd gawp, admiring their delicate movements. This time, I was sensible, and realised i could never do it. To me, dance was something my life wasnt: Exciting, thrilling, and bursting with passion.
Leaping, dancing, twirling in my room for hours payed off. Mum would often hear me gliding through the floor, and would come up and watch me, without me noticing, of course. My true love was Ballet, and soon, My family convinced me to do it. I have to admit: I was good.
But to me, I was only good. Not perfect. Not amazing. However, Ballet was now a major part in my life. It was the thing that made me realise i was able to dream, and i had one.
Now, I know that I was negative towards everything I did, except Ballet. I stuck to my dream, and doing that granted me an audition to the Royal Acadamy of Dance, which I passed with flying colours. Noweredays, as i sit at my desk, my roommate searching through our radio, on New Years, my piece of paper is no longer blank, but full of endless wishes, dreams.
Well, stories that are waiting to happen.
Sign up to rate and review this story