Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Physical Therapy, Music, and A Switch

New Job

by anonymowriter 3 reviews

Brendon gets a job at the record label Ryan works for.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-08-21 - Updated: 2012-08-21 - 1126 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 5

So Ryan was gone. I was such an idiot. I’d let him go. I was so mad at him that it didn’t occur to me just how much I loved him. And apparently, he’d cried in his sleep every day of the three years we were apart. I couldn’t believe that. He’d seemed so happy when he saw me. He seemed like he genuinely liked this Ryan guy and like he’d moved on. But he hadn’t. He couldn’t. Just like me. And I’d spurned him.

He and I had gone through so much together and I threw him away like he was an old toy I didn’t want anymore. And he was probably on the plane now, pissed at me or crying. I really hoped he wasn’t crying… because I couldn’t be there with him. If he was, I’d want to be holding him and telling him that everything was okay. I’d just hope that I could hold him and he’d accept me.

A month passed and Ryan hadn’t called his phone. In fact, his phone stopped working. He probably got a new one and didn’t even bother figuring out what happened to his old one. So Ryan really had moved on. He didn’t care about me anymore. And I didn’t really need Greta anymore. I had done my own version of physical therapy. My legs worked now.

And now I was alone. One day, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I answered my phone and I got “Hi, is this Brendon? I’d like to tell you that you got the internship!”

I couldn’t help it. I seriously felt my entire world crash down around my shoulders. I got the internship. I took a deep breath, “I didn’t… How?”

“We were told that you were a good candidate and all of us gathered around to talk about the interviews. And someone said they liked you the best. So you’ve got the internship!”

“Wow. Okay. When do I start?”

“Well, he said you’d be best suited in New York. We’ll provide room and board. We’ll pay for your plane ticket. You’ll start on Monday.”

“…Wow. Alright. That sounds good.”

“Great, I’ll see you then,” and he hung up. I stared at my phone for a long time. So Ryan hadn’t moved on. He was just forcing me to come to New York so he could torture me now. So that was his plan. Well fuck.

Before I knew it, I was boarding a plane to New York City. And when I’d get there, I’d be greeted by a man with a sign that read ‘Brendon Urie.’ So I walked over and he led me over to where the car was that would be taking me to my apartment for the next three months. I walked in and turned to the guy standing there, “Thanks.”

“Here’s the address. Show up there at 10 am tomorrow. And you’ll start your orientation with Ryan Ross,” and he walked out. Ryan. Ryan would be showing me around. Ryan would be the one to orient me into this internship. I sighed and turned to my bag. I started to unpack when I heard a familiar voice.

“So you made it,” and I winced. I stood up straight and didn’t turn around. I heard him walk toward me, “I really do think you’ll be good for this internship. I didn’t just say that I wanted you because I wanted you to be in the same city as me, even though that is a plus. But you’ll be amazing in this business. I know that you hate me, but I’ll try to make this as painless as possible… So good luck.”

Just as I turned to him, he had walked out. I sighed. I wasn’t going to run after him. I still couldn’t really run. It was still painful to walk. But I was getting there. Slowly but surely, I’d be able to run. And I’d be able to run after him. But not now. I just sat down on my suitcase with a sigh. Fuck.

The following morning, I walked in and was immediately greeted by Ryan. He smiled at me, “Hey. Are you ready for your first day?” he gestured to the elevator. He was smiling and happy. He didn’t seem like he was upset at all by what happened. Well fine then! I’d be fucking happy and dandy and he’d never know that I was really upset about this.

So I smiled, “Of course,” and I followed him to the elevator, “So… I found this,” I held out his phone to him. He looked at it and shrugged. I continued, “I thought you might want it back.”

“I got a new one when I realized I’d lost mine. You can keep it or trash it. Doesn’t really matter to me.”

I was so tempted to stop the elevator and grab him. I’d push him against the wall and fucking ravage him. But I didn’t. I just shoved the phone back into my pocket and stared at the doors. The day went by so slowly. And at the end of the day, I was sitting across from him while he sat behind his desk.

I just stared at him because I didn’t know what else to do. I found out that I wasn’t an intern. I was his assistant. He hadn’t told me that and no one had to. It became quite obvious that I had been given a job, not an internship. And Ryan did that on purpose. Surely, he was trying to torture me. That had to be it. There was no other explanation for it.

With a sigh, I stood up, “Stop it!” and he stared at me in shock. I growled and moved closer to the desk. I pushed everything off and reached over. I grabbed him by the collar and tie and pulled him onto the desk. I climbed on top of him and pressed my lips to his. He didn’t push me off, he didn’t even object. And I was okay with that. Completely okay with it.

There was a knock on the door. But the door was open. I slowly sat up, still straddling his hips. Fuck. I didn’t want to turn around.

---

A/N: Sorry about the shortness. But here you go. Three reviews equals a new update! I hope you enjoyed! Cliffies ftw.
Sign up to rate and review this story