Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Full Circle

by Ilavaca 1 review

Hermione's point of view on Harry and Ginny's relationship during DH.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-08-25 - Updated: 2012-08-25 - 301 words - Complete

-1Boring

Hermione watched as her best friend settled himself outside the tent they shared and pulled out a scrap of parchment, unfolding it reverently. She had an idea of what Harry was looking for on that parchment, and her suspicions were confirmed when she saw his mouth move ever so slightly, mouthing silent words.

Of the three of them, it was Harry who was the most emotionally wrecked, although it had been his idea to go on the run to find the Horcruxes. There was a reason behind that, Hermione knew, and that reason was a certain redheaded sixteen-year-old. Relentless thoughts of not knowing if she was safe, or even alive, plagued Harry constantly.

In the night he often woke screaming her name and it was Hermione who calmed him down eventually, Ron looking on helplessly. Later, by the firelight, he explained to them what he had seen: her being tortured, Hogwarts attacked, Death Eaters everywhere. It was the same every night; the plot of the nightmare never varied.

The brown-haired witch felt sympathy for her best friend of seven years; she herself could be with the man she loved(even if he didnt reciprocate her feelings – yet) while Harry was forced to leave behind the girl he loved to protect her from Dark Forces. If Lord Voldemort ever knew that the two were involved, the results would be disastrous.

They were so close to their goal, and to turn away now would disrupt the path of the Light towards freedom. One day, whether that day came in a year or ten, the war would come full circle with Harry’s last showdown against Voldemort. Then, Hermione thought, would he and Ginny Weasley finally be given the chance to be what they were: a young couple in love.

She believed in it.
Sign up to rate and review this story