Categories > Original > Drama > Let's Change The World

Chapter 1

by atomickilljoy 7 reviews

When rock music is banned, who is willing to rise up for what they believe in? Auditioned story.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-08-28 - Updated: 2012-08-29 - 622 words

1Original
"Danny! I'm going to go work on a report!" 15-year old Jennifer shouted at her older brother, Danny.
"Shut the fuck up!" he shouted in response
She sighed, and walked out the door. Nothing had been the same ever since their mom has died. He was more protective, yet he didn't want to see her at all.
"You look too much like mom" he had once told her.
This was sort of true. She wasn't as short as she was, but she had inherited her mother's wide brown eyes, her black hair, her brown skin. She was almost a splitting image, had she been shorter, had her mother's hands, and had her style.
She got on her bike and rode to the library. When she was halfway to the library, something caught her eye. She stopped, to see a huge crowd around the Electronics Store. They were crowding around the T.V display behind the windows.
"What the...?"
Everyone was staring at the T.V.
"Jennifer" her enemy, Karen, started, while still staring at the T.V. "I think you'll want to see this"
Jennifer thought that was strange, but she was prepared to shove her way through the crowd. There was no need to shove her way through. People let her through.
"Congress has just approved a law, banning rock music nation-wide. President Arnold Bomner has said that it represented "Devil Worshiping". This law has been said by many that it is "Unconstitutional" but no one has risen up against this law" The reporter chuckled "that's good because they would be rising up against many powerful people. The police will be patrolling every street daily. Anyone who looks suspicious will be searched, and if anything related to rock music is found, they will be sent to prison"
"WHAT?!" Jennifer screamed at the screen.
Karen and her minions laughed at her reaction. They loved pop music, and although that doesn't make anyone a bad person, they just so happened to be bad people.
Everyone left the display and Jennifer was left alone. She sat down on the sidewalk. Music was all she had. Her brother was not doing anything to help buy food, so she had to work. She tolerated abuse by her peers, and verbal abuse by her brother. Music was the only thing keeping her going, inspiring her to keep up her amazing grades, and keep tolerating the abuse. Now it was BANNED?! Jennifer got up.
Are you going to cry or do something about it? she thought
She got on her bike and rode to the library. She quickly did her report, and had 4 hours before the library closed up. She made a Facebook account, going by simply "Rebel", and made an event.

Event: A Quiet Riot
Any rock fan knew that term and would click it. It didn't seem too suspicious.
Description: Let's change the world!
Not many people would want to do that, only those willing would click on it.
Where?:
She put in an address close to her house.
When?:
It was Thursday.
Saturday is good.
So that's what she put
What time?: Midnight
They had to meet up at night. Anyone who saw them organizing during the day would be suspicious.
She set it up.

The next day, after school, she went to the library. She already had 15 responses. Was no one else willing to rise up? She gave them 24 hours. She had to make the event private now. She left one last message to the people going:
"Come to the address on Saturday if you are against the law. Make sure you have somewhere to stay for a week or so. We're going to rebel"
And with that, she logged off and went home.
Sign up to rate and review this story