Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Something

Chapter 1

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

George comes home after a bad day to some great news.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison - Published: 2012-08-29 - Updated: 2012-08-30 - 600 words

0Unrated
December, 1965


George came home in a sour mood. He woke up to find he had overslept and missed breakfast. Then, when he was going to drive to the studio, he found that Pattie had taken the car to do some errands. Because of this, he walked to the bus stop but was immediately recognized by fans, despite his disguise. Because of his lack of energy, he wasn't fast enough and was trampled by them. His clothes tore, his hair was pulled, and his body ached. He went home to change and arrived at the studio three and a half hours late, which made Brian lecture him once again. One part of his day that hurt him the most was that he had written a song he was sure the others would like but left it on the table. Because of this, another Lennon/McCartney song was put in the last album space.

George sat on the couch and rubbed his forehead. Great, he thought, now I have a headache... What else could make this worse?

"Georgie, is that you?" a sweet, cheery voice called. He looked up and saw Pattie walking over to him, wearing her pink apron and mittens.

"Who else would it be?" he grumbled.

"Aw, is someone being Mr. Grouchy Pants today?" she teased wearing a sarcastic frown and her hands on her hips.

"'M sorry, Pattie..." he sighed. "Today's just been terrible..." He then went on to explain his attitude that day. Even though his story didn't have a happy ending, Pattie sat through it with a grin on her face. "And why do you have to be so cheery about all of this?"

"I'm not happy about your day at all, Georgie," she said, a little flustered. "It's just that... I just have something to tell you that could make you feel better..."

"Well I could use some good news... What is it?"


"Um... Well... H-how about I set out some dinner first before it gets cold?" Before George could say anything, she skipped off to the kitchen. He sighed, slightly annoyed with her. What was it that was making her so excited? Could whatever it was really make him feel better?

"Come on in, George!" Pattie said after about a minute, and he got up from his seat and went into the dining room. He sat down at a chair where she placed a bowl next to some aspirin. "Here you are... I'm putting on some finishing touches to dinner, so I thought I'd make you a special salad and give that to you to eat with the aspirin."

George looked inside the bowl, which contained baby carrots, baby corn, baby peas, and baby spinach. He raised an eyebrow. "It looks like a baby salad..." he observed. "Are you trying to call me a baby for complaining?"

Pattie giggled. "No, silly!"

"Then what is this all about?" he asked.

She grinned. "You're just so cute... I hope ours is as cute as you..."

"Wait... Our what?"

"Our... Baby..."

George's eyes widened. "You're kidding me..." he said.

She shook her head and smiled. "I took the car to the doctor's and he says I'm pregnant..."

He smiled for the first time that day and hugged her. "Wow... You were right... I do feel better... My god, are you serious? Y-you're pregnant?" She nodded happily. "Wow... Imagine that... I'm sorry I grumbled at you earlier... If I had known... I just... Wow..."

Pattie smiled and kissed him softly. He cupped her face and kissed back before looking at her and feeling like the luckiest man alive.
Sign up to rate and review this story