Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to Break

You're Not in This Alone, Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

by IloveMCRmy 2 reviews

“Do you think any of them will actually show up considering what’s been going on?” I asked.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-30 - Updated: 2012-08-31 - 1356 words

0Unrated
A/N: Hey you guys! I am so sorry this took so long! I have been super lazy. But here is the next chapter. I hope you guys like it! R&R if you like (:

Chapter 25: You’re Not in This Alone, Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

Gerard’s POV:

Well this Christmas Eve has been short of eventful. My head was pounding and I was emotionally exhausted. I didn’t even know if the tradition was going to happen tonight, especially since Frank and I haven’t spoken…. Ever since my freshman year Frank, Mikey, Ray, Bob, and I meet up at the park at 2 am and give each other presents. I know it sounds lame but we were like 15 when we thought of it. Plus it always was a fun way to reflect on our year together. Laura was added into the mix when she started dating Mikey. I was wondering if Rachel would show up too, if it even was going to happen. Nevertheless I wasn’t going to get my boxers in a bunch about it. We just had a perfectly normal conversation, and I won’t lie it did fill me with some hope that things would eventually be normal between us again. I looked at the clock on my dresser it was only 10 pm I had a couple hours until when the big meet up usually is. I sat in my bed and turned on ‘A Year Without A Santa Claus’ it was my favorite Christmas classic, I watched it every single year. I put my hands behind my head and rested on the wall that my bed pushed up against. I looked out the window and watched the snow fall gently. I felt the heat flowing out of my vent in my room. I could feel my eyes get droopy. I wasn’t gonna fight it; I was actually grateful to get some sort of sleep.

Frank’s POV:

Today had been such a great day. I normally didn’t like hanging around my family but for some reason during the holidays they were sort of bearable. It was really nice to be away from my friends for a day. I loved them to death but everything has been so complicated I haven’t even spoken to Gerard since I kissed Rachel, which was the same day they broke up. From what Mikey told me he knows, and he was furious. I couldn’t help myself though; I liked that girl ever since she got here. But Gerard did get her first, and I tried not to break the guy code but it kept happening. I was still going to the park tonight, but I wasn’t sure if anyone else was going to show up. I cranked up the music in m y room and played along with my guitar needing to escape for a few minutes. I wonder if Rachel was going to be there
tonight.

Rachel’s POV:

“AHH!” I screamed into my pillow. I didn’t even understand what was going on in my own head anymore. I was sounding like a whiny bitch, and it was driving me crazy. This Christmas Eve was crazy, never have I had so much male attention. Two years ago I could barely get a guy to look my way. Now I had three pining for me. Once again I felt like the fucking Twilight chick that I fucking hated.

RING RING RING

“Shut up!” I screamed at my phone. I was going completely insane.

RING RING RING

“AHH! What!” I screamed out of frustration into the phone.

“Chill your tits woman.” Laura laughed on the other end.

“Gah, I’m sorry there is just way too much going on right now.” I laid down on my bed.

“I ate so much I put on my Mom’s old pregnancy pants afterwards.” Laura laughed, I laughed with her.

“So you gonna come tonight?” she changed the subject.

“Come where?” I asked. I had no idea what she was talking about.

“Well every Christmas the bafoons have this so called tradition of going to the park.” Laura laughed.

“Do you think any of them will actually show up considering what’s been going on?” I asked.

“Well I mean it’s all kind of your fault.” Laura said.

“I can’t argue with that, it is my fault.” I admitted.

“Hey it wouldn’t be so hard if they both weren’t smoking hot.” Laura laughed, she always laughed herself. That was the first thing we realized about each other, we both love to laugh at ourselves. I was glad she was around to put a positive spin on these things.

“I don’t think Mikey would like that very much.” I laughed back, trying to smile a little bit.

“Psh Mikey wouldn’t care, he trusts me.” She said, and I believed her. Mikey and Laura had one of the best relationships that I had seen in high school.

“So do you think I should go?” I asked returning to the previous topic.

“I mean I’m going, just come with me, and we can see who shows up.” She said calmly.

“Yeah, all right we can do that.” I was feeling a bit nervous. I haven’t seen Frank in such a long time, and then things with Gerard were just so strange.

It was only 10:30 now and I could already feel my nerves building in my stomach. Seeing both Frank and Gerard in the same place after everything that has happened. I don’t think I could handle it. I hadn’t even thought about how they would feel when they saw me just intruding on one of their traditions. Would they be angry with me? Upset? Or would they even care? I know it sounds bad, but I would hope that they would care. For some reason I jumped to a quick thought of Gerard and Frank fighting over me in a park. I kind of laughed, but then immediately felt like a selfish bitch for even thinking like that. I am sure they have more important things going on than thinking about me. I was so anxious about the way things were about unfold tonight. Well I was just gonna do what I always do in these situations sleep.

Frank’s POV:

I heard my alarm sound off and my body instantly shot itself up. I rubbed my eyes gently; I could the tiredness creep back up. I wanted badly to fall back to sleep. But for some reason I felt as if I needed to go tonight. I got up and put on my big boy shoes. The alcohol finally put the rest of my family to sleep. I was the only one who still wasn’t the drinking age. But my parents let me drink a little bit. They all got hammered drunk though so I didn’t even need to worry about be quiet. I grabbed my jacked from the downstairs closet and slipped it on as I stepped out the door. As usual I felt the cold hit me like brick. I immediately rubbed my hands on my arms trying to warm my body a little. The park was only ten minutes away from my house. So I left later than everyone else did usually. I wondered if Gerard would even show up. And if he did would he still be angry with me? I could hear my feet crunch the snow with every step I took. I loved being out on the street. Before I knew it I could see the swing set and the rest of the park. I walked up the path and stepped onto the bark that was covered by the snow. I looked up and saw everyone. Mikey, Bob, Ray, Laura, Rachel, and even Gerard, I didn’t even think to look him in the eye. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I exhaled the smoke out and looked at everyone; no one had sad one word.

“Merry Christmas.” I broke the silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story