Categories > TV > CSI > Sky of Red

Anubis arrives.

by redtyrant 0 reviews

They were unprepared; completely and utterly unprepared. Death came in the form of creatures neither truly human nor animal. Neither were they truly alive nor dead. The creatures killed, slaughtere...

Category: CSI - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Catherine Willows, Gil Grissom, Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Warrick Brown - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-07-13 - Updated: 2006-07-13 - 1413 words

1Exciting
If there was a day for dying, today wasn't that day. Not for Greg Sanders.

Salvation came in the sound of gunfire and a deep voice cursing the very origins of the creatures trying to get the young man.

___------____----____----____--------________==

He was Anubis. No, he wasn't a god; no matter what his previous lovers were lead to believe. In bed. Out of bed. It didn't matter at that moment.

What mattered was taking down all those ugly ass fuckers that some bright military "geniuses" thought would be the next great weapons of mass destruction. Those "geniuses" must have been seeing dollar signs once they stumbled upon the ancient gate to the World Best Forgotten.

There was a reason for why that world was called World Best Forgotten. Did they actually think about why the ancient civilization that once guarded the gate named the world that? No! They did not and now they've unleashed hell upon the earth once again. Their only hope... Well it wasn't Santa Claus!

It was him, Anubis; the one who fought them many thousands of years before and won. He was the one who sealed the creatures back into their world. It was he slept a thousand years, deep within a healing slumber, recovering from the wounds he had received in his battles against the unholy unnatural beasts.

He was woken up from his deep sleep, years before the opening of the ancient gate. He suffered many indignities at the hands of scientists. He was experimented on for years. He was their controlled military dog.

They should have known that he wouldn't stay a controlled dog of the military for long; not once they put guns in his hands and swords sheathed at his sides. When he learned about their new expedition into the World Best Forgotten, he broke the chains that bound him and the collar that controlled him. He punished his "masters" by sending on a long, torturous road to hell with a bloodthirsty grin on his face.

When he broke free, Anubis was the six foot killing machine that they made him into. They made him even deadlier then before. He killed all who were on the secret military base with extreme prejudice. Their blood soaked the very concrete floors that walked through everyday. Their screams to him were gold and as sweet as chocolate. He was not ashamed to say that he took pleasure in the pained, fear-filled screams of his tormentors. Hell, he would say so proudly and loudly.

With his "masters" dead by his hands, Anubis left the military base, which he was imprisoned in for so long, in flames and ruins. There was work to be done and fiends to be sent back to were they belong...hell.

The Jackal headed towards the city of Lights and Sin, Las Vegas. He ran across hundreds of the creatures and ripped them apart, leaving their mangled corpses for the buzzards to find. He was walking through an alley when he heard the wretched screaming roars of the fiends. He raced towards the screaming roars, knowing that a great number of them had their prey trapped and cornered.

He skidded to a stop when he arrived. There had to be at least twenty of the fiends tearing a car trying their damnedest to get at the human inside. With a thundering battle-cry, he threw himself into the frenzy.

Guns blazing, he took all the ones not near the car down first with head shots. Then he went after the ones on the car with his swords; he couldn't risk accidentally shooting the trapped human.

One by one he took them down with relative ease, mostly because the fiends were stupid creatures that focused on one target until they consume it before moving on to the next. It was the other spawn he would have had more trouble with.

Steadily pulling one after another off the trashed car, Anubis decapitated them with one of his swords.

--------(^_^)----------

It stopped, the vicious onslaught on his car suddenly stopped; the shrieking of metal being twisted and torn apart, the crunching of glass being crushed into fine powder, and the hungary, blood-chilling cries of the creatures after him. All of it stopped.

Greg slowly opened his eyes, praying, to any god who would listen, that the creatures were gone, truly gone. The ravenous demons were no longer on his car. The young DNA tech abruptly sat up in his seat to stare out the busted windshield of the car.

Gasping in surprise, he didn't want to believe his eyes. The creatures were being killed one by one. They were being decapitated and dismembered by a tall shadowy figure with a sword. The shadowed figure moved with inhuman grace as it took on the demons and it killed them effortlessly. When the last of the creature fell to the shadow's blade, it sheathed its sword and started to walk towards Greg's almost completely destroyed car.

The young man was torn. Should he get out to greet his savior? Or should he panic and be afraid that his savior wasn't actually his savior and was out to kill him as soon as he let his guard down?

Greg voted for staying in the car until either the shadow left or dragged him from the vehicle.
He watched in trepidation as the dark figure approached closer and closer. He held his breath as the shadow stepped into what little light the nearby streetlamp offered. Then he was holding his breath for a completely different reason.

From the shadows he came, Greg's savior and the one who would bring a change to the young man's life; although he didn't know it yet.

The dark figure was a man about 6' tall with dark shoulder length hair. Even in the dim light of the streetlights, Greg couldn't determine if the hair was black or a dark brown. The man had a dark tan that would probably look like milk chocolate underneath a brighter light. His body build was slightly above average for a male his height. His clothes hardly hid his sleek and powerful build. He was not quite a football player; and yet his body didn't look like a basketball player's body either.

His clothes weren't really remarkable. His shirt was black and stretched semi-tightly across his well defined chest and torso. It was short sleeved with the sleeves stopping a little above his elbows. His pants were black also but didn't look as tight as his shirt. Around his waist was a black leather belt from which the scabbards of two katana like swords were attached to. But his swords and no telling what else were hidden by an ankle length black trench coat.

Greg stared out the busted window, still wavering on whether he should get out or not. He wanted to get out, but something about the other man had his flight instincts screaming at him. It didn't help that he couldn't see the man's eyes due to distinct, the man's bangs, and the lack of proper light.

The way the man held himself practically screamed predator. Savior or not, Greg was little hesitant to risk his life. The black man had killed the demonic creature with an unnatural ease.

"Come out." the dark man rumbled, his voice scratchy and kind of harsh, as if he hadn't talked in a while, "The creatures are gone now. It is safe. So don't be afraid."

Greg thinking why the hell not, showed no hesitation in getting out of his completely totaled car. He ignored his screaming instincts, and once he was standing outside the car he took a couple of steps towards the taller man.

"Ummm... Thank you?" he was unsure on what he should say to the man who saved his life, "Thank you for saving my life."

"You're welcome." the other said easily with a small smile on his face.

The young DNA tech jumped when he saw the other man's pointy-sharp, upper and lower canines. He shrugged it off on an overactive imagination. He didn't see fangs. No, his subconscious was projecting the demon's fangs on to his savior, who had his instincts in an uproar.

"I'm Greg, Greg Sanders." he said boldly stepping closer to the bigger male, close enough to see his eyes, "Who are you?"

"Anubis..." the man replied.

Greg whimpered. Red! Crimson red! This man had crimson red eyes. Maybe he should have listened to his gut instincts.

Sign up to rate and review this story