Categories > Original > Drama > The Gangmaster's Husband

Chapter 4 (I'm not titling them anymore)

by Kittenm 2 reviews

Brad has a little talk with Adam. Filler.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-31 - Updated: 2012-08-31 - 1316 words

0Unrated
"I don't know why you don't just quit on me!" Comes a female voice from the direction Matt went in.

"I told you what you were getting into when we started dating, Nicole!! I told you we were raiding today!!" Comes my brother's voice from the same direction."I don't know what you want from me!!"

Matt storms into the room, an angry brunette in tow. Matt looks at me and sighs, "Nicole, this is my brother, Brad. Brad, this is my girlfriend, Nicole. You probably heard us fighting." I wave awkwardly at the woman that my brother is supposedly dating.

"I'm sorry, Matt, but you know I get scared...... I just don't want to lose you....." Nicole mumbles, her green eyes tilting downward, long hair falling over her face. I see Matt's eyes soften, and he pulls her into a hug.

"You know I would never let that happen. I'm not going to leave you behind!" Matt whispers, creating the most perfect scene of romance. And then Kian starts making gagging noises.

Matt flips him off, and pulls away. "Nicole, I love you. Please don't forget that." He mumbles.

I hear the front door slam shut, and a blood soaked Adam walks into the room. Matt looks at him and sighs. I want to know what Adam did.

"Matt, go get me a towel or something, I do not want to track blood any further than this room." Adam says, waving Matt off. "Hey, Nicole, Kian, I need to talk to Brad, can you please leave?"

"SIR YES SIR!" Kian says, joking with raven-haired man. Adam smiles as he walks out the door. Note to self: Blood covered gang-leader smiling, really hot in a creepy kind of way.

"Okay, I know you probably don't want to talk while I'm soaked to the skin in blood, so I'm going to wait until your brother brings me that towel." He says, nodding at me. We sit, or stand in his case, until Matt walks in with a red towel in his hands, and tosses it to Adam. "Can you please step out for a moment, I need to talk to your brother. Nicole probably went out to the garden, why don't you try to find her?" Adam says, and Matt nods, running through another door.

Adam starts to take his shirt off with quick movements, revealing that it had ripped in several places, and his chest was covered with blood. I could see several gashes that needed medical attention, and scars that had healed without. He quickly drags the towel across his form, pulling it over his pants, trying to get as much blood out of them as possible. He finally tosses his shirt and the towel into a trash basket in the room, sighing.

"I really did like that outfit. Guess I just kinda lost it. I really need to learn some self-control." He sighs again, turning to me, and gesturing for me to stand up. "Come on, I need to change, and I don't feel like leaving you in here alone, most people here already know who you are, and would attack you the second they got the chance." He turns on his heel and starts pounding his way up the stairs, pausing at the top to wait for me. I guess I have no choice but to follow him. After I manage my way up the stairs, I realize that the wounds on Adam's chest are bleeding again, and I notice several more on his arms.

"No offense to your judgment, but I think that those cuts need medical attention." I say, my voice shaking slightly.

He laughs, and smiles at me kindly, "I'll see our medic after I talk to you, until then I'll just wrap some bandages around them. I've lived through worse." He says, walking away, towards a door that's at the end of the hall way.

"Yes you have, cousin." Comes a voice from behind us. I turn around to see someone who looks remarkably like Adam.

"Oh, shut up, Cale. Joe doesn't like you teasing me. You know not to mess with your girlfriend, she'll gut you." Adam says, laughing again, opening the door to the room, "But, I need to change and talk to Brad, so can you make sure that no-one comes in?" I see Cale nod, and I follow Adam into the room, hearing him close the door behind us.

The room looks simple, not as rich as the other rooms. The walls are a simple shade of grey, the carpet black, a red double bed up against one wall, a desk, and a wardrobe. Adam heads to the wardrobe, pulling out a black t-shirt, a pair of grey skinnies, and a roll of bandages. "Brad, sorry to ask this of you, but can you help me with the bandages? I can't do it properly." He asks, sitting down on the bed.

"Umm, yea, sure, hand them here." I say nervously, sitting down on the bed behind him. He hands the roll back over his shoulder, and as I start to unravel the bandages, he starts talking.

"Okay, I know a lot has happened. I know you're probably confused as hell and are going to wake up panicking tomorrow. I know that it probably isn't a good idea to explain this right now. I mean, we've pretty much kidnapped you, and you just found out what your brother has been doing for a few years." He says as I start wrapping the bandages over the wounds. "But, I decided not to kill you for a reason. I'm not going to say that reason right yet, but I'm not going to hurt you. You know we're killing your fiance. You saw me kill a lot of people from his gang. You know who I am." I tuck the bandages in and pull back from him. He stands up, and starts to pull the fresh shirt over his head, and then pulls his pants off, pulling on the grey pair. "You know, this would be easier if you would say something."

"I.... Huh.... I should be panicking..... I should be confused.... But I'm not.... I mean, I'm happy even. I've seen my brother for the first time in eight years. I know your going to kill my fiance, and that you're a murderer, but that doesn't bother me at all for some reason. I mean, he was a murderer too.... I found out that he murdered my parents today. I know I'm going to wake up and start panicking tomorrow, but I'm perfectly clear headed now." I say, trying to respond to everything that he's said.

"Well, I need to figure out where you're going to sleep tonight. I need to talk to our medic about getting you on a good diet. I mean, you need to gain some weight, you're WAY too skinny." He says, now pretty much thinking out loud.

"Well..... I.... Umm...." I don't know how to respond, but it seems like this man that I JUST met, cares more about me than my fiance did.

"Well, if you don't mind, you could sleep in here... With me..... I mean.... Just to keep you safe.... A lot of people here would go against my orders and harm you....." He stutters, and it's really cute. It shows that he is just as human as I am.

"Ummm, sure... I think that would work...." I say, a bit embarrassed to be accepting to sleep in the same bed as someone who I just met.

"Okay, well, I'll bring you to see the medic day after tomorrow, until then, I'll get us something to eat, and since it's, like, 8:00 pm already, we can sleep after.... That sound okay?"

I mumble a quick "Yes." and he leaves the room, leaving me to think about tomorrow.

Tomorrow, my fiance dies.
Sign up to rate and review this story