Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Don't Date Them, Date Me.

by InsomniacsLoveMe 1 review

Frank's got Pathetic-Lovesick-Teenage-Girl Syndrome and Gerard has a date... again. FLUFFY FRERARD ONESHOT!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-09-04 - Updated: 2012-09-04 - 2487 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s eyes were slowly drifting shut as he idly watched the screen in front of him flicker. The images danced across the screen in flashes of pink and other bright colours that severely contrasted Frank’s miserable mood that had dominated Frank for most of the evening. His extended sombreness had eventually forced a fatigue throughout Frank, who – in vain – had tried to lighten his mood with some bubbly Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde (shut up, it’s Frank’s guilty pleasure).

Succumbed to his sleepy haze, Frank snuggled in to his blanket-style cocoon, subconsciously flipping a half eaten bowl of popcorn in to the corner of the couch not currently occupied by his ass.

His shitty apartment – well not all his technically, Frank shared it with his high school friend Gerard – was freezing and through the sleep-induced fuzz swarming around his head he noted that he should probably get someone to fix the heating whenever he gets payed next.
He sighed heavily and rolled over to face the back of the couch – the flash of the television irritated him even through his closed eyes and it was too much effort to find the remote.

The reason for Frank’s shitty mood had slithered its way in to his stream of thoughts – despite his wishes to keep it locked away at the back of his mind. Frank’s eyes scrunched themselves up tightly in to a grimace and he pulled his knees up to his chest further in his cocoon.

His best friend, Gerard had a date for the night. Why should he care right? Well, he shouldn’t, but that’s exactly the problem – he does. A little too much for him being Gerard’s platonic best friend, a friend who is supposed to be happy for his raven-haired, pretty faced friend. But hell, it had been hard, especially when Gerard had seemed immensely excited for his date earlier on in the day. He had even asked Frank what he should wear and if ‘eyeliner was too gay’.

Frank had sat on his bed, staring down at Gerard’s Star Wars bed cover – the man was 22 and he still had them—with an unjustifiable dark cloud hanging over his head. He had just mumbled ‘yes, no,’ and ‘too gays’ at him, while his friend seemed completely oblivious to his quietness and general indifference.

While Gerard and his date – who was a nice-enough, strawberry blonde haired girl, by the way – had gone out on their date to some fancy restaurant (that Gerard would probably pretend he could afford but actually couldn’t), while Frank stayed home, viciously defeating zombies on his Xbox and drinking crappy cheap beer. His Saturday night had much resembled those of his later high school years, in which he’d spent many hours down in Gerard’s basement with their other friends Ray, Otter and Gerard’s younger brother Mikey.

They’d kind of lost touch with Otter after leaving high school, but Ray often came and visited their tiny apartment to jam with Frank and his beloved guitar and to talk to Gerard about the latest comic that he and Ray had become obsessed with.

Frank had thought about calling Ray and asking him to come over, but then told himself that it was sad that he couldn’t stay one night at home alone, so he’d vowed to stick it out by himself. This resulted in his insatiable moping that he hadn’t really been able to shake off.

Frank found that the tiredness that had almost dragged him under before had scurried off and left him – much like Gerard had, he thought bitterly… and also unfairly. Why shouldn’t Gerard be allowed to go on a date with someone – a girl someone – he was bi, that included girls, so therefore it would make sense that Gerard should also go on dates with girls. Maybe it wasn’t so much the fact that she was a girl – maybe, Frank confessed, that his problem was that she wasn’t him.

As much as he felt like a pathetic love-sick teenage girl, he couldn’t help but feel a sting in his heart when he realised someone who was practically a stranger, got to see Gerard’s face light up animatedly as he talks about Doom Patrol or about the new band he’d found to listen to. They got to see him gesture passionately about how good the local band he’d checked out last week had been and Frank doesn’t.

He doesn't get Gerard’s one on one attention as he happily listened to him talk – as he noticed the way Gerard’s greeny-hazel eyes lit up when he as talking about something interesting to him. Frank sighed inwardly; great you have now contracted Pathetic–Lovesick-Teenage-Girl Syndrome.

He’d realised that he really doesn’t like sharing Gerard.

Frank, still wrapped in his blanket, sat up and sighed as he rubbed at his eyes despairingly. He couldn’t tell you the exact moment that he’d fallen in love with his best friend, but something had clicked when Frank had realised just how much his heart strings were yanked, every time Gerard went on a date.

He shoved a hand through the longer part of his hair – the part that was usually gelled in to a faux hawk during the day, and then curled back up in to the couch, hoping for sleep to take him again. Who knew that being infatuated with your best friend could be so fucking exhausting?

About 20 minutes after Frank had resigned himself to trying to get back to sleep, the lock to his apartment clicked open quietly, and the door creaked open, its audible groan echoed loudly in the quiet apartment. Gerard bit his lip worryingly; he hoped that he hadn’t woken Frank up. Gerard tip toed inside as he – a little more quietly – shut the door and made his way to their miniature lounge room.

As he entered the lounge room he spotted Frank curled up in a ball on the couch, wrapped tightly in a fleecy, burgundy coloured blanket. He could still the rise and fall of his chest through the dark, and he smiled slightly at the loose strand of hair that flew up when ever Frank breathed out.

His friend looked fast asleep, but a kind of sweet yet troubled look had settled itself upon his features and Gerard felt his heart clench slightly at the sight. Was there something troubling Frankie that he hadn’t told Gerard about? Weren’t they supposed to be best friends? Shut up Gerard, he’s probably just having a strange dream, nothing to with you.

Gerard wasn’t sure why he went on these random dates of his. They hadn’t meant anything to him in a long time, and it got harder to try and deceive his feelings in to things that they didn’t want to feel.

The nice red-headed girl he’d been with the night had been good company, things hadn’t been awkward, nor had they run out of things to talk about. She’d looked hurt though when Gerard had – as kindly as he could – rejected her offer of possibly going on another date. Gerard had felt like an asshole, but he would have felt like even more of one if he’d led her on.

He was interested in someone else, very interested. Although, he wasn’t sure that that someone reciprocated his feelings. Gerard had tried to deploy his attention away from this person in hope that dating other people would magically make him forget about his feelings for the person he actually felt something for. Stupid right? But he couldn’t seem to admit the truth and the random dates just continued.

Frank had never shown any signs that he might feel the same way that Gerard feels about him and Gerard didn’t want to ruin their friendship with his own selfish desires. A tiny part of him had hoped that Frank would show some sign of jealousy at Gerard for going on dates with these other guys and girls but no such luck.
He’d even helped Gerard pick out clothes for his date that night, albeit a little quiet Gerard had noticed but that could just be Gerard’s wistful mind conjuring up things that weren’t happening. Like how Gerard had thought that Frank looked a little gloomy every time Gerard left the house dressed up. No, he thinks, I’m not that lucky.

Gerard had been standing there watching Frank an awfully long time he’d realised as Frank stirred and curled up in to his blanket some more, burying his face in to the warmth.
Frank sighed and made a soft mewling noise in his sleep and Gerard felt his heart beat faster at the adorableness before him.

He slowly closed the distance between him and the couch and sat down as softly as he could in the small left by Frank – it was decorated with popcorn but he didn’t really mind. Gerard watched him sleep contently for a few minutes, as a small smile crept upon his pale face.

He couldn’t help himself though, Frank looked so sweet when he was asleep and he had rolled over so that he was subconsciously facing Gerard – Gerard reached a hand out and swept the locks of hair covering Frank’s handsome face.

Frank stirred again slightly, but didn’t wake up. Gerard, encouraged now, stroked his hand over his friend’s face softly, the repetitive motion soothed him. He found that he was almost being lulled to sleep as well.

Maybe that wasn’t such a bad idea.

Gerard ceased his Frank-petting and pulled up the other blanket that lay next to his side of the couch. Not bothering to get changed out of his evening clothes, except for his jacket that he unceremoniously dumped on the floor, Gerard settled the soft blanket over the top of him and grabbed the cushion from off of the floor. He sat it up on the armrest and – although fairly uncomfortable – he found himself being quickly drifted off in to sleep, the sound of Frank’s breathing calming him.

Gerard, not surprisingly, fell in to a Frank-dream filled sleep and the two boys soft breathing was the only sound throughout the silent apartment.
~*~

Frank felt stiff and sore as he yawned loudly to the small but empty room. He pulled his arms out of the blanket and stretched generously and was alarmed when he felt a strange weight at his hip.

He stopped mid stretch – his arms half above his head, that’s weird, he thinks. Maybe he should open his eyes because he now that he mentions it, he definitely feels something twined around his legs as well. Fuck he hoped it wasn't that weird octopus thing from the dream he’d had that night.
If it was, then it was a very warm octopus, he thought sleepily as he drifted back in to unconsciousness, forgetting all about whatever was twined around his legs.

Gerard could feel his pillow move from underneath him and he grunted quietly in annoyance. He had his arms wrapped around something tightly, something rather warm he realised – whatever, that totally made up for the moving pillow, he thought decisively and he snuggled back in to its warmth, sighing contentedly.

Frank’s eyes suddenly shot open. He was almost one hundred percent 100% certain that something had just sighed.

He looked down and was extremely surprised to find a snoozing Gerard snuggled in to his midriff. What the fuck, Frank thought; his heart started racing double time at what he had witnessed before him.

Frank couldn’t think of a reason as to why Gerard would be asleep with him on the couch. Had his date not gone well? No, that didn’t exactly warrant sudden cuddle time with Frank…
He should wake him up and ask he decided. He’d probably save Gerard the inevitable embarrassment that he would no doubt feel at waking up cuddled in to Frank.
Frank sighed and shook Gerard’s shoulder gently.

“Hey, wake up, Gee. Wake up.”

Gerard could hear something say his name through a foggy haze of sleep. He opened his eyes slowly and his head followed the direction of the noise, only to lead him face to face with… Frank?

Oh crap, that’s right – Gerard had fallen asleep on the couch next to him last night. Why did he do that? It had seemed like a good idea at the time, maybe fatigue made him an idiot.
Aw, man, Frank was probably going to hate him now. He unwrapped his arms from their hold on Frank’s hips and sat upright.

“Er… morning, Frankie.”

“Gerard, what are you doing here, are you okay? Was your date that terrible you had to sleep with me?” He joked… and kind of hoped.

“Uh, noo – It was – I guess – I think I just got cold.” He smiled sheepishly and looked down.

“Right, yeah. That makes sense.” Frank said as his hope dissipated.

Gerard looked up Frank’s tone, and without thinking he reached out to cup the right side of Frank’s face, tilting his lowered head up to look at him.

“Gee—Gerard? What—…” Frank started, but was cut off by Gerard placing his soft, warm lips against his.

Frank was definitely not expecting that, but he was going to go with it and he kissed back slowly - a little hesitant at first, but when he felt Gerard react, he pushed his lips slightly firmer against the others.

The two shared a slow, intense, yet sweet kisses for a few minutes before pulling apart breathless but elated. Both grinned like hopeless, lovesick fools afterwards.

Neither of them spoke for a moment, not knowing what to say.

“So,” Frank smiled, “That was er, really nice? Or at least it was for me, I mean I don’t know about you but er, yeah that was really – uh, really awesome.” Frank bit his lip and looked away cursing his sudden awkwardness.

“Yeah,” Gerard grinned, endeared by the awkwardness and the amazing kisses. “Maybe we should do it again.” He offered.

Frank grinned at the suggestion; he definitely liked the sound of that idea.

“Sure.” He smiled warmly, “Your morning hair is sexy by the way.”
Gerard half heartedly hit him and pouted a little – that was until Frank ended with “It makes me want to kiss you some more.”

So they do, and with his hands entwined in Frank’s hair, Gerard thinks contentedly, that one kiss from Frank was worth more to him than all the dates in the world.


Fin






How'd you like it, was it okay? Reviews would be lovely! - InsomniacsLoveMe
Sign up to rate and review this story