Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vacant and Stained

Part 4: You Again

by adrenalineguts 0 reviews

“Gerard has a crush!” Frank exclaimed.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-09-10 - Updated: 2012-09-17 - 969 words

1Moving
Part 4: You Again

[Gerard’s POV]

I saw her sit by herself, a pained look on her face. I never thought I’d see her here, attending our high school. It scared the living shit outta me, really. Heh, I could use that line. I hastily scribbled that down on a notebook. A hand smacked me on the back, and I grimaced from the pain.

“Watcha writing?” Frank asked, plopping down next to me in the grass.

“Poetry,” I responded, and looked back up to the mysterious girl at the tree.

“Cool,” Frank nodded then followed my gaze as to what I was staring at. “Hey…isn’t that girl the one we saw at the mall?”

I smirked. “Yep, I still have her book, too.”

He grinned. “Go over to her.”

I looked at him as if he had grown another head. “What?!”

“You heard me go over to her,”

“No!”

“Hey, guys, what’s going on?” We turned around to see Ray, Mikey, and Bob join us.

“Gerard has a crush!” Frank exclaimed.

I punched him on the side of the head and he fell over in the grass with a muffled, “Ow!”

“I do not!” I shouted.

“You keep staring at her!” He laughed, and winced at his head.

“Aww, Gerard has a girlfriend!” Mikey squealed.

“Shut-up, Michael,” I mumbled. “You sound ridiculous over this.” He frowned as I called him by his full name.

“Yeah, it’s the girl from the mall!” Frank said, and again I punched him in the arm. “Ow, dammit!”

“Yeah, that’s her,” I sighed and looked back at her.

“Hey, don’t you have that notebook of hers?” Ray asked. “Why don’t you go give it to her?”

The guys snickered and nodded, bumping each others elbows.

“No! I’m not gonna go over to her!” I cried.

“That’s ‘cause you’re a pansy!” Frank said and I punched him again. “Will you quit hitting me?!”

“I’m not a pansy!” I snapped.

“Then go over to her!” Bob challenged, his never-ending smirk planted on his face. “You have to give her the notebook back anyway!”

I sighed, agitated. “Fine!”

I got the notebook from my messenger bag and got up to walk over to her. I stopped mid-way, though, realizing that I was actually going to talk to her. Oh shit. I turned back to look at the guys, and they waved at me to go her. Mikey mouthed, “Go to her!” I nodded wearily, and walked towards her.
Oh jeez…
_________________________________________________________________________________
Willow’s POV

I continued to write some poetry. Well, some of it was just phrases, but I actually wrote one poem. It was nice I guess, somewhat depressing. I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat, and looked up. I felt like I was going to choke on my air, because really I didn’t think he would be standing in front of me.

“Uh…hi,” He said quietly. I simply stared at him, not even attempting to give him a wave. He stood there awkwardly, looking down at his feet, and when he looked back at up at me he was biting his lip. He brought his hand around from his back, and I saw my notebook in his hand. “I…I believe th-this is yours.”

I took it from him, a blush rising to my cheeks. He actually gave it back to me. So he didn’t steal it after all then. But what if he read my poems and saw my drawings?! What if he was going to share these things with people?! My breathing hitched.

“Are you okay?” He asked, and I looked back up at him.

I took my notebook and wrote, Fine.

He gave me a confused look. “Why don’t you talk?”

I have my reasons.

“So, you just write stuff down all day? That seems pretty hard to do…”

This isn't Twenty Questions; it’s none of your business! I wrote quickly, getting irritated.

“I…I’m sorry,” He mumbled, and looked down.

I frowned. I upset him; why did I care about that? I sighed. I looked at him; truthfully he was really pretty. The way his ebony hair just fell in his eyes, and how deep those hazel eyes were. He was cute. Shit. And I made him feel bad.
I wrote on my notebook, and nudged his foot with mine. He looked back up at me and down to my paper.

What’s your name?

“Um…Gerard,” He said with a light smile. It made me smile, too. “And you’re Willow?”
I nodded. “Pretty name,” He said. I blushed lightly and looked down as my hair hid my face, hoping he couldn’t see it.

There was a pause between us, growing slightly awkward. Then he cleared his throat and said, “I…I guess I should get going…my friends…”

I nodded, and he waved goodbye to me which I returned shyly. I watched him return to his friends, and they slapped him playfully on the back and punched him. He smiled and laughed at what they said. One of his friends, turned and pointed in my direction, and Gerard punched him in the face and his friend fell backwards onto the grass. He blushed, and looked in my direction, then looked down.

I sighed, and my stomach dropped at the sight of his him and his friends. Friends. It seemed that everyone had them. I felt so alone, and I hadn’t felt like this since my mother’s funeral. My eyes burned and I blinked away the threatening tears.

The bell rang, saving me from my despair. I slinged my backpack over my shoulder, and proceeded to my next class; all done with a heavy heart and morose steps.
Sign up to rate and review this story