Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Six

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-09-12 - Updated: 2012-09-12 - 1240 words - Complete

0Unrated
Thursday Afternoon
Frank

I crossed my arms after sliding into the passenger seat of Mikey’s car. He started the car before turning to look at me, “What is going on? I don’t think you’ve said one word to me all day. If I did something wrong, please tell me.”

I let out a breath, turning to face him. “Really, Mikey? You don’t know what you did?” I paused, laughing, “Oh, yeah. Of course you don’t. You were too drunk to remember.” I pressed myself harder into the seat.

Mikey shook his head and held his hands up, “Okay, I know I got pretty hammered last night, but I don’t remember doing anything bad. Trust me, Frankie. I didn’t sleep with anyone last night.”

I couldn’t believe it. Did he really believe that I thought he had cheated on me? Mikey had been acting strangely lately. I had no idea what was going on with him. It seemed like ever since he proposed he had been acting like a completely different person. Even Gerard had noticed Mikey was acting differently.

I just shook my head, “What has gotten into you? Did you just forget about how much I don’t like it when people drink? I’ve told you that a million times. Yet, there you were getting drunk with all your buddies.” I felt like hitting him. “Seriously, sometimes I wonder if you care about me anymore.”

His jaw fell open, “Wow. Sorry. I was just trying to celebrate our engagement! Maybe you should try not being so sensitive about everything.” He was yelling.

Before I realized what I was doing, my hand shot out and slapped him across the face. “What is wrong with you?” I yelled. I popped open the door and started climbing out of the car.

“Frank, get back in the car right now!” Mikey yelled.

I just ignored him. Instead I slammed the door shut and started walking away from the car. I couldn’t believe what had just happened. Mikey was acting like a completely different person. I let out a deep breath, realizing what had just happened. The farther I got from the car, the worse I felt about slapping him. No, he deserved it. He didn’t need to act like such a dick. He had no idea why his drinking even bothered me so much, and I could never tell him. This was all just a terrible mess.

I could feel tears building in my eyes. Walking past the school, I tried to keep it together. I didn’t need another day of torture from these people. I was about two blocks away from the school before I let the tears start falling. Another block and I was in front of a little park. I decided now was a good time to sit and calm down a little before heading the rest of the way home.

I found a picnic bench and collapsed. I put my head in my hands and just let the tears fall. I was still in shock. I had no idea what I was going to do. Mikey had never acted like this before.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I knew it was probably Mikey, but I checked it anyway. Sure enough, it was him. I pressed ignore. The phone rang three more times while I was sitting there. Eventually, I think he got the point that I didn’t want to talk to him and he stopped trying to call.

When I looked at the time I noticed it was getting kind of late and my mom would be home soon. If I wasn’t home before her she would assume the worst. At this point, there was no way I would be able to make it home before her by walking. I had to get a ride from someone. Usually I would call Mikey for a ride, but not today. Instead, I dialed Gerard’s number.

He answered right away, “Yep?”

“Gerard, it’s me. Frank. Again.”

“Are you okay?” he asked. I could hear the concern in his voice.

He must have been able to hear how upset I was. I let out a breath, “Yeah. It’s just Mikey and I--” I paused, “I need a ride home. I’m at the little park by the school. You know what I’m talking about?”

“Yeah, yeah. I used to go there all the time. I can be there in five minutes.” I could hear movement. He was probably already on his way out the door to his car.

“Gerard, thank you. I really appreciate you doing this for me.” I could feel more tears threatening to fall.

I heard a car start, “It’s no problem.” He hung up.

I put my phone down on the table and just waited. I put my head down on the table and let the tears continue to fall. I just wanted this to all be a bad dream. Soon I would wake up and everything would return to normal.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to find Gerard looking down at me. His smile turned into a frown almost as soon as he saw my face. He sat down beside me and pulled me into a hug. “What happened? You look like someone just died.”

I shook my head, grabbing a handful of his shirt and burying my face into the crook of his neck. “Mikey and I-- We had a fight.”

I felt his hands on my back, “I should have known. Mikey came home all pissed off.” He held me out at arm's length, “God, you look miserable. I can’t believe Mikey did this to you.”

I nodded, “I can’t believe it either.”

He pulled me to him again. Somehow being in his arms made me feel safe. I could completely forget about Mikey and everything that had just happened. I couldn’t imagine what I would do without Gerard.

I knew just thinking those thoughts were wrong, but I didn’t care. At that moment I could care less about Mikey. I was fed up with him and his stupid attitude.

We sat there like that for a while longer. “Frank, it’s starting to get dark. I should probably get you home.”

I nodded, standing up. “My mom is going to be home any minute now. If she’s home before me she’ll have a heart attack.”

He laughed, standing up. As we headed toward his car, he threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me to him. “Don’t worry. Your mom has nothing to worry about. You’re in good hands.”

I just smiled, “I really do appreciate you doing this. I mean, I’ve never asked anything from you before.”

He shrugged, opening the passenger side door of his car and waiting for me to get in. “It’s really no big deal.”

I sat in the car and watched as Gerard ran around to the driver’s side. As soon as he got in he started the car and headed toward my house. The whole time, I couldn’t help but stare at him. It’s crazy. Never in a million years did I imagine I would ever be asking Gerard for help.
Sign up to rate and review this story