Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A December

[A/N] - Pretty late update because my step-sister is moving into university tomorrow D: So I was spending time with her :3


"What are you doing?" Rose asked me, crossing the road from her house over to mine.

"Just waiting for my Mom." I replied.

"What time's she coming over?"

"Eleven o' clock." I muttered. It was now three in the afternoon and I was still sat outside waiting.

"Miranda." Rose whispered, sitting next to me "I don't think she's coming."

"But she promised she would!" I cried "She just got caught up in traffic. Or maybe she went to an audition a couple of days ago and they gave her the part so of course she couldn't come and see me because she's busy working on the movie." I smiled "And she'll make heaps of money and then she can take me to Disney Land heaps of times, right?"

"Uhh yeah. Sure." Rose obviously didn't believe me but it was the truth and I knew it "Look, we were all gonna go over to Ray's house to hang out with the others. Ryan and Schuyler will be there. Wanna come?"

"I don't like Ryan."

"But you like Schuyler, Ashley and Sara?" Rose sighed "Come on, it'll be more fun than sitting out here by yourself."

"What if your Mom shows up?"

"Your Dad will phone you, you know he would." Rose told me "We'll go inside and tell him, okay?"

I sighed, got up and went inside with Rose "Frank?" Rose called "Is he in?"

"No but she's supposed to be babysitting me." I hissed.

Penina came clattering down the stairs "Oh hey Rose. I'm afraid Frank had to go out and get some shopping. Is there anything I could help you out with?"

"You could get out of my life?" I suggested with a sarcastic smile.

"Miranda!" Rose snapped, then turned to Penina and said "We were gonna go over to Ray's house to hang out with the others but Miranda's worried her Mom will turn up if she's not there. Would you phone us if Bryn does show up?"

Penina nodded "Of course I will. I have Mazy's mobile number so I can phone her. Go and have fun girls."

"Don't tell me what to do." I replied, knowing I sounded childish but didn't care. Rose grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the house.

"I don't get why you have to be so rude to her." Rose moaned as we walked down the street "It's not like she's trying to bust in and be your Mom or anything."

"Good because she'll never be my Mom." I told her "And don't worry, she'll be gone soon enough. I'm going to make sure of it."

"Oh god, please tell me Miranda!"

"No because you'll panic and tell your Dad because you're a Daddy's girl." I giggled, sticking my tongue out at her "Calm down Rose, it's no big deal."

"I don't know what your idea of a big deal is exactly-"

"It's a hell of a lot bigger than your idea of a big deal." I groaned "I love you Rose but you're such a goodie two shoes!"

"I can do bad things sometimes!"

"Oh yeah, like what?"

"Like last night, I drank milk straight out of the carton!"




We all sat in Sara's room listening to 30 Seconds To Mars when Ryan and Schuyler walked in "Hi Schuyler!" I grinned, refusing to acknowledge that Ryan had shown up at all.

Ryan ignored me and went to sit with Ashley who was flicking through the latest issue of Kerrang!. Sara was sitting on the edge of her bed as if she were the guest instead of us and Rose was sat next to her, chatting to her but Sara didn't say anything in response "Why don't you talk?" I asked her suddenly. Sara just blinked at me "Oh come on, are we really that scary?"

"Drop it Miranda." Ashley hissed "She doesn't want to talk and she doesn't have to."

"Well you would say that. She talks to you. What's wrong with the rest of us? Are we not privelliged enough to hear her voice?" I couldn't help insulting her. If I had been at home I'd have taken my anger and hurt out on Penina but she wasn't here right now. And Sara was an easy target.

"I'm warning you Miranda, leave her alone."

"Why should I? You can't make me do anything."

"Well this is my house and that's my sister so I think I can."

I just stuck my tongue out at him and sat the other side of Rose "Okay, you tell us then Ashley. Why doesn't Sara ever talk?"

"Don't talk about her as if she's not in the room!"

"She might as well not be in the room."

"Maybe me and Miranda should go over to my house." Rose suggested.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want you to miss out on anything exciting." I hissed, getting up "I'll just go back home. I bet my Mom will show up any minute anyway." And with that, I walked out of the room.

I didn't really want to go home and hang round with Penina and my Dad waiting for my Mom. I'd much rather stay at Ashley's or go over to Rose's but I clearly wasn't wanted. But could I really blame them for not wanting me to hang around with them?
Sign up to rate and review this story