Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stay Beautiful.

Chapter Six; Whenever You Smile.

by ZoeBethMiklas 0 reviews

"he really does know how to win over a girl’s heart." Taylor's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2012-09-15 - Updated: 2012-09-16 - 1325 words

0Unrated
I thought I had experienced emotional whiplash before, but, oh no. This morning had been such…a rollar coaster. A Divorce. As bad as it seemed, I was relieved. It cleared up a lot of the questions bottled up in my mind and blurring my train of thought. I felt bad that I was wondering about his availability. It’s not like this was going anywhere. Well, a girl could secretly hope for it, right? For now, hanging out will have to do. I’m supposed to be in denial with myself right now. I laughed to myself. great job at being in denial, Taylor.
I have to admit, I was was thinking about him. I already wrote two songs about him. I’ve been trying to fight it, I really have. But I’m done fighting. I am attached to Mikey more than I should be, and I am totally okay with it. I sighed and slapped a pillow over my face. I didn’t know how long I’ve been laying on this bed, staring at the ceiling just thinking. but mostly, I didn’t know what I was going to do with my day. I really should be looking at my beach house this weekend, this is why I’m in Jersey afterall.

My thoughts stopped by the instant buzz of my phone. I looked over the bed searching for my phone. I rolled over and found it. What I was welcomed with was most unexpected, and I was also totally okay with that.

@frankIero When a pop star loves your band, you know you’ve made it. @taylorswift13


Attached to his tweet was a twitpic of Frank in the red Speak Now tour shirt, a cigarette in his mouth, and he was giving the camera a thumbs up. He’s wearing MY tour shirt. I smiled and suddenly felt very much welcome by Frank. I sprang up and ran to the bedroom door. I poked my head out the doorway.
“Mikey?!” I called to him. I saw him appear around the corner. He looked concerned, but that vanished instantly when I met him halfway.
“Look” I said as I showed him the phone. His eyes lit up and he let out a loud laugh. “That’s Frank for you.” he said, a happy sigh. I smiled down at the screen when a idea struck me.
”Hey, do you have any MCR merch laying around?” I asked, getting really giddy. Mikey only looked confused. “Yeah, do you need a shirt or something?” He asked as he walked into my room. I watched as he rummaged thought a box in the back of the closet. He turned to me holding two different tank tops.
“I really like tank tops.” He murmered in a shy tone. I smiled and observed the tops in front of me.
“I’ll take this one.” I said, feeling the fabric of the top. It was black and had “Art Is The Weapon” on it in white font.
“That’s my favorite” he added. I pulled over my head and slipped it on. Fortunatly, it was very much over sized on me. I modeled for Mikey, striking a pose.
“How do I look?” I asked with a sly look on my face. I watched him look me up and down.
“Looks good with that dress. he chuckled. I smiled and held out my phone to him.
“Will you do the honors?” I asked. He simply smiled and took the phone.

I posed for him and stuck up a thumbs up, striking a smirk. I watched Mikey take the picture with a big goofy smile on his face. He showed me the sceen. I walked up to him and he handed me the phone. I smiled big at the outcome. I then worked my magic.

@taylorswift13 I feel very much welcomed. @frankIero

”Hey, do you think Frank will appreciate this?” I asked, showing him my new instagram picture attached to the tweet. Mikey looked pleased.
”Oh Tay, he’s going to love it.” he chuckled. That’s a new nickname I could really get used to.
“You know…” I heard him trail off. I watched him play with the ends of my hair with his fingers. “You really do look good in anything Taylor.” his voice was quiet and serious. I looked up at him at the sudden mood change. Eyes locked with each other. His eyes were filled with a certain kind of yearning I couldn’t quite figure out. I then realized how close we really were. Impulse kicked in and I went in for a hug. I could tell I took him by surprise by the way we wobbled together. I felt him snake his arms around me and rub my back. I pulled back to see his reaction.

“What was that for?” he asked.
“Thank you. just thank you.” I said, as I sat on the bed.
“Do you have any plans for today?” I asked.
“mm. no. Anything in mind Swift?” I smiled and told him about my summer home being built.
“Would you like to go see it with me?”
“And go to the beach?” he added.
“I would love that.”
“I’ll go get ready and meet you downstairs.” he said, as he left me with a smile.

——-

I was thankful that I brought a bathing suit with me. I wore it some short and tie up blouse. Mikey and I were currently on the Seas Isle Beach right next to my almost donw beach house. A Beautiful place if I do say so myself. I was currently sunbathing on a towel, and listening to Mikey slap suncreen on his arms. I looked over to him in a tank top and baggy shorts, and extremely white arms, the sunscreen not blending into his skin. He looked himself over and mumbled a “perfect,” and then layed on the towel next to mine. I couldn’t help but giggle at the sight. He faced me with a nervous smile.
“I’m scared of the sun.” he said. I laughed. His awkward nature was so charming.

We looked at each other a long while. Our matching sunglasses may be masking our eyes but I could tell he has a happy expression.
”I really apperciate you staying with me Taylor. I know it’s over bad circumstances, but it was great timing on my part. I hate being alone.” His words struck something in my heart.
”I’m the same way. It’s exactly why I got Meredith. It’s get so hard living alone.” I replied, letting out a sigh. I looked over to the water crashing to the shore. “I love it here.” I mumbled.


”Will you stay with me a while, Tay?” he asked, his voice kind of unsure. I looked back to him.
”I mean..I mean you don’t have to. I just really like having you around. You brighten up the life around here. It’s just what you do..” he looked a little flustered I just smiled.
“Mikey, you’re one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I’d love to spend more time with you here.” I saw his face light up.
“Thank you, I mean it.” he said. Awh, he really does know how to win over a girl’s heart.

“Oh and Tay?”
“Hmm?”
“can I treat you to dinner tonight?”
“Like…a date?”
“Well I..yeah..yes. A date.”


He looked away from me but it was impossible for me to look away. I was genuinely surprised.

“yes.” is all I could say. My face was starting to hurt from all the smiling. He looked back at me, with his big goofy smile intact.

”A date with the big bad Taylor Swift? It’s a honor, really.”
”As it should be, Way.”

we both laughed.

Yeah, he had won it, fair and square.
Sign up to rate and review this story