Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A December

[A/N] - Hey Miranda, I'm sorry I've made you the bad person in this :'( I've been the bad guy in someone's fic before and it's not too fun so sorry ;/


"I don't wanna go!" I heard from outside Frank's house. It was Miranda shrieking at the top of her lungs "I hate her and I'll have an awful time!"

Frank must've said something back but he was talking a lot quiet than Miranda had been so I didn't hear it. I dared to knock on the dare and it answered almost immediately. It was Penina who looked relieved to have someone to talk to who wasn't shouting and swearing "Oh hey Rose, do you want to come in?"

"My Dad only set me over quickly." I replied "He was wondering if you were ready to go."

Penina sighed "I'm ready and Frank's ready but Miranda doesn't wanna come. I know she doesn't like Tris but why can't she see how important this is to my Dad?"

"Oh no Penina, don't even bitch about me to my best friend!" Miranda yelled from the top of the stairs "You don't know anything about me!" Penina went bright red.

"Don't worry about her." I whispered "She's just upset because her Mom never showed up last weekend."

Penina bit her lip and nodded "Perhaps you should talk to her? I mean, you're her best friend."

"It doesn't mean she listens to me but okay." I smiled at her and went inside. She's really nice, why can't Miranda see that? I went upstairs and into Miranda's room. She was sitting on her bed in her underwear and there was a dress next to her "Why won't you come to Tris and Mikey's engagement party? It's going to be fun!"

"Not if I have to wear this." Miranda replied, pulling a disgusted face as she held up a red dress "I don't want to wear it but Dad says I have to wear a dress and he's making me wear one of Penina's. Why is that girl so short and skinny? I don't want to wear her dress."

"I'll go talk to your Dad." I sighed and left the room. Why did Miranda have to be so awkward? I knew Miranda's taste in clothes pretty well and although she didn't like dresses, I knew she found that one halfway decent. She was just being delibirately annoying. Frank was in his room, sitting on the end of his bed with his head in his hands "Uhh Frank?" He looked up at me "I was just talking to Miranda. She's not too comfortable wearing Penina's dress-"

"I knew. I figured that out when she screamed at me and said I was a terrible Father." Frank sighed "Am I really that bad Rose?"

"Of course not. Miranda's just upset so someone has to suffer." I took a deep breath before daring to say "I think the only way you're gonna get her to agree to come is if she can wear her own clothes."

"But it said-"

"I know but Miranda won't have anyone trying to turn her into something she's not." I shrugged my shoulders "I know every other girl will be wearing a dress but Miranda looks to stand out. To be different. Wasn't that your message as a band?" Using his band against him was a sneaky move but whatever. Miranda's my best friend.

Frank groaned "Fine but make sure she knows she'll be the only one wearing a LostAlone tee-shirt and skinny jeans."

I went back into Miranda's room and she was smiling "What is it?" I asked.

"I can wear my own clothes." Miranda's smile increased "And even better than that, the LostAlone concert is tonight. We can easily sneak out and go."

"Miranda, we don't have tickets. They'll be sold out." I replied, my heart hammering inside my chest. I didn't want to sneak off to a concert with her. We'd get into so much trouble if we got caught.

"Don't worry about it." Miranda went over to her underwear drawer and pulled out two tickets "This is gonna be awesome! Go home and put your LostAlone tee-shirt and jeans on underneath that horrible dress and then we'll sneak off later, okay?"

"Horrible dress?" I asked her, my eyes filling with sudden tears. I loved the dress I was wearing so much.

Miranda nodded "Yeah, I don't like it at all. Now go on, go and get changed!"

I ran out of her room and across the road to my house. I should probably be used to Miranda insulting me by now but I wasn't. When I got to my room I tore off my dress and shoved it to the back of my wardrobe, pulled on my LostAlone tee-shirt and skinny jeans. I put on the floor-length blue dress inside so that no one would see my skinny jeans or converse. The floor-length dress was horrible and I hated it being so long.

Dad came into the room "Why are you wearing that dress? I thought you were wearing the black one."

"Miranda said it was horrible." I mumbled before bursting into sudden tears. God, why did I have to be such a baby?

Dad didn't seem to mind. He came into my room, sat down and pulled me down next to him "Ignore her Rosie. I know she's been having a troubling time because of her Mum and all but that doesn't give her the right to be so rude to you and everyone else." Dad paused before saying "I don't think you should hang round with her as much as you do."

"Dad, we're best friends." I muttered, wiping away a couple of my tears "And I know that underneath all those insults is a good person who's just really upset. I don't know how I'd feel if Mom walked out on us. Or you."

"Well that's not going to happen anytime soon. And honestly, I think you should wear the black dress if that's what you wanna wear. It looked great on you."

"You have to say that. You're my Dad."

"If you say so." Dad laughed, kissing the top of my head "Be downstairs in five minutes okay?" I nodded and he kissed the top of my head one more time before leaving me alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story