Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Eight

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-09-20 - Updated: 2012-09-20 - 1075 words - Complete

0Unrated
Friday Afternoon
Frank

Mikey didn’t show up for school. I wasn’t too surprised. He probably didn’t want to see me for a while. However, I still planned on going to his house later tonight. I needed to talk to him. I wanted to know what was going on.

I was about halfway home when my phone rang. It was Gerard. “Hey.”

“Frankie. It’s me.” I stopped dead in my tracks. It was Mikey. I never expected him to call me. “I’m really sorry about the way I’ve been acting lately. I don’t know what’s come over me.”

I just stood there, dumbfounded. I couldn’t believe that he was actually apologizing to me. Maybe he had just been acting out because of nerves from the engagement, and he just realized how much he hurt me.

“I really want to make it up to you. How about dinner tonight?”

I couldn’t help but smile. Finally, the Mikey I knew and loved was coming back to me. “That would be lovely.”

I could practically hear the smile in his voice, “Alright. I’ll pick you up at seven?”

I nodded, “I’ll be waiting.”

He hung up and I practically ran the rest of the way home. I needed to get ready. This was the Mikey I had fallen in love with. I was starting to think that he was gone forever. I couldn’t be more happy to have him back.

I was just getting home when my mom pulled into the driveway. She looked at me concerned, “Did you walk home?”

I nodded, “Yeah, Mikey didn’t go to school and I didn’t want to bother Gerard again.”

She locked her car and then we headed inside together, “You could have called me. I would have taken you home.”

I shrugged, “It’s not a big deal. I made it home alive, didn’t I?”

She just rolled her eyes and headed into the kitchen. I threw my backpack on the couch and followed her. She poured herself a glass of milk and she raised her eyebrows at me, “Do you want something?”

I laughed, “Mikey called me when I was walking.”

She smiled, “That’s good news. What did he have to say?”

“He said he was sorry and that he wanted to make it up to me. So, he’s taking me to dinner tonight.” I was smiling so big that my face was starting to hurt.

“That’s great. I’m glad you two aren’t fighting anymore.” She smiled, throwing her arm around my waist, “I’m so glad you’re happy.”

I nodded, hugging her tightly. “I should go get ready. I don’t know what time we’ll be back, so don’t wait up for me.” Before she could say anything else, I headed out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my bedroom.

I ran straight to my closet, searching through my clothes. I grabbed a pair of plain black jeans and a dark grey button up shirt. I had only ever worn the shirt once before, and it was for a wedding. It was the fanciest shirt I owned, while still being casual.

I figured it was perfect for wherever we went out to eat. It took me only about ten minutes to change. Slipping my shoes back on, I headed to the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, I sighed.

My hair looked too... plain. I ran my hands through my hair a couple times, trying to make it look more disheveled. When I was satisfied with my appearance, I headed back downstairs. It was still really early, only barely four.

My mom was in the living room, watching Jeopardy on TV. Since I had time to kill, I decided to join her. Jeopardy was her favorite show. She was a big trivia buff. I was always amazed at how many clues she could answer correctly. I used to try and tell her to go on the show, but after awhile, I gave up trying. She would never try out. She would rather sit at home and watch with me.

**

From across the table, Mikey handed me an empty plate. I quickly filled it with two pieces of pizza and a few breadsticks. By this time I was starving, and I started devouring the food sitting in front of me.

Pizza Hut isn’t exactly the most romantic place in the world, but we were still having a good time, just the two of us. I looked up from my pizza to see Mikey nibbling at his own food. I was surprised he wasn’t starving. We had been waiting for our food for almost an hour.

I put my pizza down on my plate and grabbed one of Mikey’s hands. “Mikey? Is something wrong?”

He sighed, setting his pizza down. He shrugged, looking up at me, “Nah. I’m just stressed.”

I just nodded and squeezed his hand. I knew that nothing I said would make him feel any better, so I didn’t say anything.

He pulled free of my hand and started eating his food. He smiled at me, “But we’re here to have an amazing night together, not talk about my problems.”

I just smiled. I knew the Mikey I knew and loved was still there. All the doubts I’d had about us the past few days were gone. I had my Mikey back, and I knew we would get through anything.

We ate in silence for a few moments. When Mikey finished his pizza he shook his head and met my gaze. “I missed you the past couple of days.”

I nodded, “I missed you too.”

He shook his head and looked down at the table, “I don’t know what came over me.” He looked back up at me. “I can’t believe I acted like that.”

Smiling, I leaned across the table until my face was just a few inches from his. “It doesn’t matter now. What’s important is that you still love me, and I still love you.”

He closed the distance between us and kissed me gently. “What would I do without you, Frankie?”

I shrugged, kissing him again. “Well, I hope we never have to find out.”

A//N: I love this, and I love all of you :)
Sign up to rate and review this story