Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Revealing the Truth Hurts

Revealing the Truth Hurts

by anonymowriter 4 reviews

Ryan thinks he's dating a girl online. Little does he know, he's gravely mistaken. //Rydon!!//

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-09-01 - Updated: 2012-09-02 - 1004 words

2Exciting
Prologue

In real life, I was never the guy to have a girlfriend. I’d never had a girlfriend. I’d never had sex. I didn’t have many friends. The only friend I had, if you could call him that, was Spencer Smith. He was my boss. He’s gay. He’s got a boyfriend. I was jealous. I was always jealous of him, of his relationship. I didn’t care that he had a boyfriend. I cared that he was in a relationship.

And then I met Bren. God, I hadn’t seen a picture of her, but I was sure she was beautiful. Of course, we’d met on one of those ‘chat with a stranger!’ sites. And we hit it off. It was amazing. I couldn’t believe how much we had in common.

On the computer screen, I had hit ‘Next’ and the usual thing came up onto the screen.

‘You’re now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You and the stranger both like Computers.’

I smiled and typed out ‘Hey.’

She quickly responded ‘Don’t ask asl. I’m tired of answering it. I’m just here to chat.’

I laughed, ‘Hah. Me too. How are you?’

‘Wow. You didn’t disconnect. That’s gotta be a first. I’m good. Just got home from work.’

‘Me too! What do you do?’

‘I tune instruments for other people. It’s fun to talk to people while I do it, but it can get tiring to tune so many guitars in one day. Lol’

I smiled, ‘I wish I could play an instrument.’

‘You don’t know any instruments at all?’

‘Nah. I took a couple piano lessons when I was younger, but it never went anywhere.’

‘As long as you got started, you can keep it up. Being able to play an instrument is liberating! It’s like you put your hands on the keys and you just feel music flow through you. You just have to keep playing. The rest of the world just disappears. It’s amazing.’

‘Wow.’

‘What do you do?’

‘I work with computers. I repair them for people. Any problem. I once got a guy who’d gotten that colorful sugar powder stuck inside the fan. That was a pain to fix.’

‘lol! I can imagine. Sounds awful.’

‘It’s fun though, hah. I love computers and I’m really good with them. So I don’t mind doing it. I just don’t like the stupid people who come in and act like their world is ending because they didn’t restart their computer.’

‘wow! There’s a lot of stupid people that don’t know how to press a button! It always bugs me when people come in needing their guitar tuned and it’s literally just a gentle twist of one of them. And that’s it.’

‘Well I don’t know how to tune a guitar.’

‘You need to learn to play before you can learn to tune a guitar.’

‘I suppose that’s true. I’d like to learn how to play.’

‘I could teach you. :)’

‘Really?’

‘Sure. It’s not too hard to do it. I could just tell you how to position your fingers and you could send me pictures. And then send me recordings of what you play and I’ll tell you what’s wrong by ear.’

‘You can do that?’

‘I’ve been playing guitar for 12 years.’

‘How old are you?’

’22.’

‘Wow. I’m !’

‘I have to go. Do you want to exchange emails?’

‘aim?’

‘That works! Ryro1990 is mine.’

‘What’s your name?’

‘Ryan. Yours?’

‘Bren. :)’ there was a pause and an IM popped up on my computer and it said ‘Hey Ryan!’ the username was BrennyBear and I smiled. That was cute. I could tell she was cute. Then she messaged me on the chat site, saying ‘Sent you an IM!’

And I replied on aim ‘Got it. ;)’


When I met her, I was happy for days. She was amazing. I was so excited to talk to her every single day. She’d IM me and I’d get back to her immediately and we’d talk for hours. There had been more than one occasion where we talked all night long and I didn’t even get to sleep. Of course, Spencer noticed each time. But I didn’t care. I was just so happy that I’d found a girl who would talk to me for so long.

When I did tell Spencer about it, he laughed and asked ‘What? Is she your girlfriend?’ and I realized. I wanted her to be. I really did. So when I got home that day, I went on AIM ‘Hey Bren.’

She quickly responded ‘Hey Ry!’ with a heart at the end. She was so cute! I wish I could meet her and just hold her. But alas, we couldn’t. We’d only known each other for a month.

‘I had a question for you. And if you say no, I won’t be hurt. But I was wondering if I could be your boyfriend? :)’

She took a while to respond after that and I wasn’t entirely sure what she was going to respond. And the longer it took, the worse I imagined the response to be. She was contemplating how to make the rejection not as bad. She didn’t want to hurt me. Well there was no way of saying ‘no’ that wouldn’t hurt. I was tempted to sign off.

That’s when I saw ‘BrennyBear is writing…’ and my breath caught in my throat. Crap, shit, fuck.

---

A/N: It's a day early. Cause I'm a lame-ass. Anyway! Here you go! The rewrite of Revealing Truth Hurts. I deleted the other one. I think I'll like this one better. :) Hope you enjoyed! Please rate and review. I really want my stories to get rated and no one rates them. :( Anyway, please do review! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story