Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Dead Mans Chest

Strange First Impressions

by starcrossed_lover 1 review

Sasuke let out a yelp of surprise, as Davy Jones touched his cheek, with his slimy pale tentacles. "Do not even think about lying to me" he said as he leaned in closer. Sasuke could smell blood on...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama - Characters: Naruto, Neji, Other - Warnings: [?] [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-07-15 - Updated: 2006-07-15 - 1369 words

0Unrated
Strange First Impressions
By
: Playin_lover
Sasuke looked at the mysterious blonde as his eyes flickered open to reveal startling blue eyes. Sasuke had never in his entire life met a man with blue eyes, only women. Most of those women were the kind you wouldn't want your mother to know about. Sasuke was always cautious to who he let his heart open to, but this man with his strange eyes, they made Sasuke want to pour his soul out to this stranger. He looked into the mans eyes and saw terror and hope, accusation and forgiveness, he had never met a man who could show him that with only his eyes. The man looked around the room with a sort of innocence before looking at Sasuke, he looked at him as if he had before, "He's here." were the only words he spoke. His eyes went red and rolled to the back of his skull.
His body was spasming. Sasuke watch in horror as blood dribbled out of the mans mouth. He wanted to shout at the man "Who's here?!" but already convinced he was beyond his words. He looked around the room, half expecting to see some one there. He stared at the man and felt his forehead. He didn't have a fever, must be hallucinating from starvation. The man was lean, but muscled.
Sasuke felt the ship move violently, almost knocking him out of his chair. He stood up and walked to the main deck, men were clambering around like apes. The ship shook once more, he looked over the rail and the water was calm. "Kiba!" he yelled to the crows nest, "What's wrong?! Did we hit a reef?!" Kiba looked down alarmed, his eyes filled with fear, "No, something hit us!" he cried covering his head, as tentacles shot up out of the water. He could hear Akamaru, Kiba's pet dog whine in the nest. The dog never went down after that small little incident, they had run out of food and the men were desperate for food. Sasuke shuddered at sudden memory. The tentacles were waving around in a frantic way. "Pull out the long nines!" Sasuke yelled at the men below, spontaneously nine slot of wood moved out of the way to reveal cannons.
"Ready Sir!" he heard his men yell from below deck. He smirked at their loyalty, proud to be captain. He had worked with and fought along side every one of these men. And he had never lost one soul of his crew to Davy Jones. "On my word!" he cried, " Five, four, three, two..." the tentacles disappeared quickly as a crusty, algae covered ship emerged from the water. He gazed in horror at the crew from the other ship, in a loss of words. The men across from him were not men at all, the were monsters. No they were fish?! Every one of those men.. monster, were part of some sort of fish. He looked upon these men and suddenly realized who was their captain. Standing proud in the middle of the deck surrounded by his crew stood Davy Jones.
He finally understood the phrase 'looking death in the eye', he was frozen in his spot, paralyzed with fear. He had never felt the cold he felt as Davy Jones stared him down. His men came up to the deck to see what was taking their captain so long to give the order. Instead they looked up at the gruesome crew, and screamed in terror. "I believe you have something of mine. That i would really appreciate back. So give it here boy!" Davy spoke to Sasuke in a voice that could convince any man to kill themselves if he ordered them to do it. "We have nothing but jewels, Lord Davy Jones of the sea." Sasuke said, hoping to keep the fear from his voice. He watched the man he was talking to take a step forward, and suddenly he was face to face with him.
Sasuke let out a yelp of surprise, as Davy Jones touched his cheek, with his slimy pale tentacles. "Do not even think about lying to me" he said as he leaned in closer. Sasuke could smell blood on the mans breath, he tried to turn away. His head was kept in place by Davy Jones weird but strong tentacles. The ends of the tentacles made a sickly popping sound as it moved across Sasukes skin. "Now I'm not going to tell you again, give me what i have asked for!" he yelled in that deep voice of his. "I have nothing on this ship that has value, except the jewels." Sasuke replied, voice trembling. "Now what would us immortals do with jewels?" Davy Jones said in a mock tone, he and his crew roared with laughter. "We search for something more far more valuable than those stupid pieces of glass!" he cried again in that mock tone. His crew burst into laughter once again, "Now give it here boy" he said. "Leave them be, Davy Jones!" came a shout.
Every one turned, their eyes settling onto a blonde man standing in tattered clothes at the captains cabin door. His voice was a loud booming voice that frightened everyone even Davy Jones crew. His eyes blazing the same fiery red Sasuke had seen earlier. "How dare you talk to me in..." Davy Jones never finished. The strange man had raised his hands and made intricate signs with his hands to the sky and the sun disappeared behind threatening clouds of black smoke. "Who are you?!" Davy Jones cried, anger clear in his voice. "I am a god older than the sea, sky and earth! I am the man who created the universe in the blink of an eye! I am (A/N: your father! lol! just kidding!) the last of the titans!" he cried to the sea master. Sasuke watched in terror as the tentacled monster whipped up and grabbed Davy Jones. Flinging him onto his ship and dragging the ship down into the watery depths. The monsters still on board Sasukes ship, began disintegrating into dust in the wind, with inhuman-like tones of pain. Sasuke watched the dust fly into the sky and onto the sea, causing bubbles of steam to rise.
Sasuke turned back to the blonde man, he was making more signs to the sky. The sun reappeared, and as it did the man collapsed and blacked out once more. His men dropped to their knees and tried to even their breathes. Sasuke walked to the man and picked him up. He opened the door to his cabin, and placed the man on the cot his men had set up for him. Clank! something had fallen off of the mans neck. Sasuke gently placed the man on the cot, and reached down to pick up what had fallen. Light glinted off the object, a two-pronged key. Sasuke gasped in horror as he realized what he was holding. The key to Davy Jones chest. The Dead Mans Chest.
Sasuke walked out of his cabin stunned and silent. His crew had gathered at his door, murmuring amonst themselves. Finally hushing as Sasuke came out. "We sail to Tortuga!" he cried to his men. They burst into questions. "Who is he?!" Kiba yelled, "What did he just do?!" cried Iruka. "I don't know.. but I'll find out when he wakes. But for now, head for Tortuga." he said. He walked back into his cabin and sat down next to the blonde man. He stared at him for a long time until he finally gave up and placed a blanket onto the mysterious man. Then he walked down to the crews quarters to extinguish the lamps for safety reasons. The swings swayed in tune with the waves, gentle as ever.
He went back onto the deck to talk to Shikamaru, who was at the steering wheel. "What did that man do, Sasuke?" Shika asked his captain. "I don't know Shika... I don't know, but i know someone who could." he replied. 'She is the last person I want to see right now, but I just have to know what that man did.'
Sign up to rate and review this story