Categories > Original > Drama > The Gangmaster's Husband

Chapter 11

by Kittenm 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-01 - Updated: 2012-10-01 - 1024 words

0Unrated
The first place we go is a really fancy art museum. Everyone there is dressed up, red cocktail dresses, suits. We stop in front of a picture of two men, one in a suit and hat pulled over his eyes, his arms around the other, who has a guitar case sitting at his feet. The plaque for the painting reads "The Gangmaster's Husband." I want so badly to reach out and touch it, it's just that beautiful.

"They say that there's a story behind this painting. A gang leader once killed off an entire gang because one of them murdered his husband, who was a musician. A very famous musician, at that. After killing the gang, the gang leader killed himself, not wanting to live without the person he loved. It's always been one of my favorite pieces here. What do you think?" Adam mumbles in my ear, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"I like it. It shows that love can be found anywhere, even in the places you least expect." I respond, still staring at the gorgeous painting. Adam smiles into my hair, and then kisses the back of my my head. Then he's pulling me away again, out the doors of the museum.

The next place we go is a rose garden. Dozens upon dozens of roses, of all different shades. Adam smiles, gently plucking a black rose from a bush. He holds it out to me, smiling warmly. I can see the love an affection coming from his movements of giving me the gift. The color matches his hair, silky warmth and happiness form inside of me as I take the rose from him, and get a whiff of the scent. So beautiful and mystifying. Just like him.

"Thank you." I say, taking in another breath of the beautiful scent. His lips find mine, soft and sweet as the smell.

"Fuck, I love you." He mumbles as he pulls back.

We go out for lunch at an amazingly fancy place afterwards. The food is divine. Everything just seems to melt in my mouth, turning into a firework-like burst of flavor. During the whole meal his hand rests gently over mine, tightening every once in a while when someone starts to make eyes our way.

He laughs a bit, stabbing his fork at his salad, and gently pushing it into my mouth, causing me to grin sheepishly.

"Adam..... Can you do something for me?" I ask softly, unsure of what his reaction is going to be.

"Ask away. Anything appropriate, I'll do." He responds, then picks at another bite of lettuce.

"Speak French for me. It sounds so exotic, so beautiful. Like you." I say, smiling softly at the memory of the French that rolled off his tongue early yesterday morning. Even angry and offended, it had a small purr underneath that just made it divine.

"Bien sûr, ma chérie. Bien, c'est loin d'être aussi exotique que vous. Oh mon dieu, vous n'avez aucune idée de comment embrasser vous regardez en ce moment." The purr rolls off his tongue. His fluent French causes a lot of heads to turn. I blush and hide my face, but he just flips them off, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

After we finish eating, he takes me on one of those little boats, going down a canal. He rows it out to the middle of one, and it's amazing to see the muscle ripple in his arms. Each stroke shows how strong he is. When we're finally out in the middle of the canal, he drops to his knees on the floor of the little boat.

"Brad, I know this is a bit soon, and more than a bit sudden, but I love you, and I can't imagine ever letting you go. I hate seeing what that bastard did to you. I love the innocence in your eyes, which are such a pretty ocean blue. You biting at your lip ring drives me insane. It hurts to see you flinch. What I'm really saying is, Bradley James Walst, I love you, will you do me the honor of being your husband and marry me?" His eyes are sweet as he pulls out a box, in which is a beautiful black diamond ring. The band is thick, and studded with white diamonds. Tears start pouring down my face.

"Y-yes..... Of course, Adam...." I stutter out. He gently pulls out my left hand and slips the ring onto my fourth finger, then kisses it gently. His eyes then go to mine as he moves up, gently placing a slow kiss to my lips. Fireworks seem to go off in my head as the kiss deepens, his mouth moving against mine. I whimper a bit when he pulls back, and he chuckles lightly. He pulls another similar black ring from his pocket, and holds it out to me.

"Would you like to do the honors?" He asks. With trembling hands I take the ring from him, hoping and praying that I don't drop it overboard, and pull his left hand towards me, slipping the ring onto his finger.

He stands up suddenly, pulling me up with him and making the boat sway. Strong arms pull me into his chest as his lips fiercely meet mine. Within seconds, we're topping over the side of the boat, drenching ourselves. Thankfully the water isn't too deep, and we manage to get to the edge safely, where, yet again, he pulls me in for a kiss.

"Fucking hell...... I love you so fucking much. Come on, let's get you home and into dry clothes before you get ill." He mumbles against my lips pulling me along to where we left his jeep.

When we get home, it's late. I don't know how the time passed us by, but it did. We manage to get into pajamas, and flop onto our bed. I curl into Adam's chest, feeling his every breath. His arms wrap around me, pulling me even closer. Lips press momentarily against my temple before he relaxes, but doesn't let go.

I fall asleep in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story