Categories > TV > Degrassi > Secrets We Keep

Secrets We Keep

by SecretlyInSlytherin 0 reviews

Eli is forced to choose. Claire, the shy new girl in his life or Brianna the girl who has been with him through the hardest time in his life.

Category: Degrassi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-01 - Updated: 2012-10-02 - 1585 words

0Unrated
I take another sip of my coffee, grimacing at the extremely bitter taste. With a cough I set the blue, porcelain mug down on the counter; pushing it away from me. Eli, who is sitting to my right lets out a laugh as the bell above the door chimes.

"Dude, wait till you hear what I planned for guys nigh," Adam says excitedly, taking the stool to Eli's right.

"Don't you need guys for that?" questions Fitz on his way out.

Turning to glare at him I am filled with rage, "Adam is a guy, so maybe before you try saying something again you should get your facts straight."

With a laugh Fitz walks out the door, allowing it to slam shut behind him. I clench my fist, trying to stop myself from going after the bastard. Adam is a guy, well between the ears at least. Either way Fitz has no business sticking his fat nose it a matter that isn't his to meddle with.

"Anyway...guess what I ordered for us on paper view," continues Adam, clearly not letting Fitz's words to get to him.

"I don't do that with other guys," jokes Eli.

"Don't be gross, Eli," I say with a laugh. Oh, how I love my time spent with Eli and Adam.

Adam looks over at me and starts laughing too, "I ordered Mixed Martial Arts Madness."

"Bad news," Eli starts, causing our care - free mood to change immediately to a bit more serious. "I have to bail on guys' night."

"Are you serious?" questions Adam, a look of disappointment showing in his pale green eyes.

"What about your brother?" offers Eli, "He could join you?"

"And tear him away from Allie? Why do guys always ditch their friends the second they get a new girlfriend?" questions Adam, his gaze set on Eli.

Unable to hold my tongue I add my thoughts, "I've been asking myself that for a while. Believe me; you're not getting an answer."

"Look, both of you." says Eli, turning to look at me for a few seconds before turning back to Adam. "I'm only bailing cause I have to study. Rain check?"

"I guess. I'll just have to get my Neanderthal on by myself," answers Adam before getting off his stool and heading out.

"So is this an open study session or am I not invited?" I question before taking another sip of my now cold coffee.

"Not this time, Brianna. It's just going to be me and the books," replies Eli.

My heart sinks. I wanted time with Eli...like it used to be before Claire and Adam. It's not that I dislike either of them I just miss my time with Eli. "Oh, of course," I mumble.

"Come on let's go. Wouldn't want to be late for school," Eli says, offering me his arm.

With a small smile I link elbows with him as we exit the coffee shop, stepping out onto the busy side walk.

"So are you ready for exams, Bri?" asks Eli, using my nickname he had given me at the beginning of the year.

"All of them but French," I answer as we enter the school.

"Don't worry about it. For now focus on Math," Eli says as we stop walking.

"Right," I reply with a sigh. Something about the way Eli told me it would be perfectly fine made me feel confident...like I could take on anything.

Eli smiles down at me before pulling me into a tight hug. Instantly, I feel the fuzzy feeling I get in the pit of my stomach that occurs every time Eli and I come in physical contact with each other. I take a breath in, loving the way Eli smells; husky...like a man, yet soft, like freshly washed laundry...and then there was the ever present sent of leather and car oil. I let out a sigh as Eli lets go of me.

"Good luck, Brianna," he says before disappearing down the hall. I can just picture the smirk set upon his full lips.

I stand in the middle of the entry way of Degrassi; too dazed to move. I wanted Elijah...a lot, more than I would probably ever be able to say. Though Claire is my friend there are days that I loathe her, wishing she would simply disappear.

"Brianna," a voice behind me sounds, pulling me back to reality.

Turning around I find Adam standing a little ways in front of me, "Oh, hi, Adam."

"Are you going to take the Math exam or just stand there?" he questions.

"I might want to take it," I answer following Adam down the hall towards the exam room.

I put my pencil down and slouch low in my chair; the exam had been easier that I expected. My eyes graze over the blank walls until they meet the clock...I have ten minutes to sit and do absolutely nothing. Letting out a sound similar to that of an agitated horse unable to neigh, I curse inwardly, this is absolutely ridiculous. Going into the pocket of my black, zip up hoodie, I produce an Altoids tin. Opening the tin I extract about five cinnamon Altoids, popping them all into my mouth at the same time. I chew them, enjoying the temporary numbness of my tongue.

As soon as the bell sounds I bring my exam to the teacher's desk, hoping to catch Eli before he met up with Claire. I turn the corner; almost running into the very person I am dying to see...Elijah Goldsworthy. He laughs holding onto my shoulders.

"Watch where you -" I start, looking into Eli's majestic hunter green eyes...mistake.

I can't remember what I was going to say at all. Instead, I am completely caught up in Eli's striking eyes. I take in a ragged breath and try to look away, I am unable to.

"Is something wrong, Brianna?" Eli questions, his eyes still locked on mine.

I swallow, biting my lower lip, "No," is all I manage.

"Good, let's go to lunch," says Eli, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"So you and Claire, huh," I question as we enter the lunch room.

"In her mind yes. But I still just don't know," answers Eli, glancing sideways at me.

"Then why not tell her that?" I ask. Sometimes Eli's reasoning aggravates me.

"Because I'm not entirely sure about this other person I have feelings for. She's quite good at hiding her emotions from me," explains Eli as he pays for his food.

"Right," I answer not understanding him at all, thank God for Adam.

We walk to our usual table towards the center of the cafeteria, Claire is already there.

I watch as they exchange subtle glances, their hands brushing up against each others as they eat. I notice every blush that rises to Claire's cheeks and every time Eli lets out one of his nervous chuckles under his breath. I remember a time when that was us...I still wish it was us. Suddenly, I can't take it anymore. The cafe becomes much too loud and hot for my liking, almost like everyone has decided to yell all at the same time whilst turning the heater on high. I stand and stumble towards the doors, ignoring Eli and Claire's calls.

The cool air washes over me as I burst out of the glass front doors of the school. I sit down on the top step as tears begin to fall from the corners of my eyes, flowing down over my cheeks and dropping onto the concrete step.

The door behind me opens but I don't turn to see who it is...I simply don't care enough.

"Are you alright?" asks Eli as he takes a seat next to me, his hand on my knee.

Without a word I lay my head on his shoulder, tears still streaming down my face. Eli moves his hand from my leg, curling it around me, holding me to him as I continue to cry. Eli had seen me go through so much; he just doesn't care how I am around him. Thinking about all we have shared only causes me to sob harder.

"What happened?" Eli tries again after about five minutes.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I mutter, not wanting to talk about my being jealous of Claire with Eli.

"Something happened in the cafeteria, Bri. Why else would you be out here crying on my shoulder?" says Eli, his eyes on my face.

"You...you frustrate me," I state. This of course is practically the truth, Eli does drive me crazy, but not on a regular basis.

"So you’re out here bawling your eyes out because I frustrate you?" questions Eli, a smirk spreading across his lips.

"Yes," I reply jaw set.

I have no desire to argue with Eli about why I am crying it is my business. Perhaps if I had friends outside of Adam and Claire I would talk about my feeling with them but I don't and I've never been very big on the touchy - feely aspects of friendships. Besides with Eli...something about him just makes me more willing to share what I am feeling.

"Alright. You've had your cry so let's go back in there and face the world," says Eli, offering me his hand.

With a smile I take it; with Eli by my side I truly feel as if I can take on anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story