Categories > TV > Degrassi > Secrets We Keep

Caught

by SecretlyInSlytherin 0 reviews

Eli's POV

Category: Degrassi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-01 - Updated: 2012-10-02 - 890 words

0Unrated
As the guy behind the counter hands me the coffee mug the bell above the door sounds yet again. How many more people can fit in this place?

"Hey, I thought you were studying," says Adam from behind me, I freeze. This cannot be happening.

Spinning around on my heel I turn to face not just Adam but Bri as well. It is one thing to lie to Adam but to lie to Brianna...it just feels wrong. She’s been my best friend for so long; we tell each other everything. It’s like the ultimate betrayal.

"Yeah, yeah, I am. I mean um...we are," I say, noticing Brianna looking over at Claire.

"I thought it was just going to be you and the books. You lied to me, Eli," Bri says.

It hurts to see the pain and accusation in her beautiful pale blue eyes. Her blonde hair is a complete mess, evidence that she and Adam had walked here, probably from his house. For some reason I find the way she looks now slightly attractive, minus the hurt look in her eyes.

"Claire and I just wanted some one on one time...to study," I explain, avoiding Brianna's gaze as I say this. If anyone is going to catch me in a lie right now it will be her.

"So are you in love now or something?" asks Adam from behind Bri. "I thought you and Brianna -"

Not necessarily wanting to hear what I am certain is about to spew from his mouth, I cut Adam off, "Adam, we are just friends. As for Bri and I...it's complicated."

At this I look over at Brianna, making eye contact with her for a second before she looks away. I bite my tongue until it hurts, trying to keep myself from saying things I will later regret. Why did this, this of all things have to hurt her the most?

"Yeah, and you don't want me around cause I'm the third wheel," interjects Adam. "Guys don't do this to each other, Eli."

"Dude, I'm sorry," I state looking more at Brianna than Adam.

"Let's just go, Adam. I'll watch Kung - fu movies with you," Brianna says, glaring at me.

With a nod Adam exits the Dot, yet I can still see him waiting at the bottom of the stairs for Bri. As she makes to follow him I can't help but call out to her.
"Brianna, wait," I say, wanting nothing more than for her to stop shooting daggers at me with her gorgeous eyes.

"Either you like her, or you don't, Eli. When you figure it all out I'll be waiting...like I have been for a long time." she says before leaving the coffee shop.

Brianna's words cut me like a knife, mainly because I know what she has said is true. I have left Bri hanging for the better part of this half of the school year. She had seen me through the death of my ex-girlfriend, Julia, she had truly cared. Sure I've been her shoulder to cry on, her ride home and her best friend but I still feel as if maybe, in a way I have abandoned her.

"So were where we?" Claire asks as I retake my seat across from her,

"I think we were talking about Shakespeare," I answer, taking a drink of my coffee.

"Eli...if you want to just not study anymore I would understand," says Claire looking at me.

I take time to notice her eyes...so unlike Brianna's. Claire's are very vibrant and pronounced where as Brianna's have a silent beauty...I like that.

"No, right now it Claire and Eli time."

Claire lets out a laugh before turning her attention back to the book in front of her.

Later

I lay out on my bed, cell phone in my hand. I want to call Brianna, but for some reason I cannot bring myself to press the call button. Letting out a frustrated sigh I close my eyes, forcing my thumb to press down.

"Hello?" says a voice from the other end.

"Bri," I question not fully believing it is her.

"Oh, it's you. Aren't you supposed to be with Claire?" she questions, sounding none too pleased.

"No, actually we packed up hours ago," I state. "Brianna I'm sorry I lied to you. I promise I won't do it again."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," Brianna replies back, her tone cold.

"I didn't call to fight. I wanted to know if you want to come over. Just to hang," I say, in the background I can hear yelling.

"Actually I'm at Adam's watching Mixed Martial Arts Madness," replies Brianna, something about her saying that makes me laugh.

"Of course," I answer, feeling a little bit upset.

"Right, well see you at school tomorrow. Bye, Eli," Bri says, her line then goes dead.

She is still mad at me, that much is obvious, but she has every right to be. I hate hurting her, I can't stand it. Frustrated I bring my fists down upon the sheet that I lay on top of...Why is this so difficult? I like Brianna, but I also like Claire. I guess now it is just a question of who I can't stand to be away from.
Sign up to rate and review this story