Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

All I Need Is You

by LaurentheHuman 4 reviews

Frank and Gerard talk about the afterlife.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-10-09 - Updated: 2012-10-09 - 535 words - Complete

4Moving
"Hey Gee?"

"Yeah?" After a few seconds of no response, I peeked one eye open to find Frank sat up with his knees pulled up to his chest and staring at the sky above us.

"Yeah?" I prodded once more. About a minute later and I decided that his thoughts had skipped away as his hyperactive mind always tended to do. I closed my eyes and nestled back down into my arms that I had been using as a pillow. I was just dozing off when the familiar sound of my boyfriend's voice rang out again.

"What do you think's up there Gee?" My eyes popped open all the way this time to see Frank pointing up at the polluted New Jersey sky. I propped myself up on my elbows, my eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"I dunno, Frankie. Airplanes, birds, clouds," I shrugged. "Stuff like that I guess."

He shoved me playfully. "You so know what I mean."

I sat up as to be eye level with him. "Whatcha mean?"

Frankie turned to face me and stare in my eyes directly. His green eyes were erased of his usual wild artistic swirls and were now replaced with a look of deathly seriousness that scared me a bit.

"Past the clouds, Gee. Like, Heaven. Do you think there's a Heaven?"

This startled me a little. It was definitely not what I was expecting. Frankie and I have never talked about the afterlife before. Frankly, I try not to give it too much thought. Well, there's a first time for everything.

"No. No, I don't think there's a Heaven."

He cocked his head to side in the cutest confused way. "Then where do you go when you die?"

"I think...I think when you die, it will be the opposite of what this world is like. You go to the happiest place possible. You go somewhere where you can just be happy. I think you're transported into the happiest memory you have; the fondest."

"Where would you go?"

"To my fondest memory, of course. I'd spend eternity in the happiest memory I have."

"What's your happiest memory then, Gee? Which one would you go to?"

I looked down from where I was watching the red leaves of fall stumbling through the wind to stare in Frank's eyes. "I'm not too sure, Frankie. I can't decide. Maybe they'll let me make a playlist of my favourites. I know I'd start with the one where we met." Frank giggled as he remembered the day of his six year old self dousing me in school glue and glitter.

"The next would probably be our first official date. Remember, you kissed me?" He blushed in a way that signified he did indeed remember.

"I think I'd include this moment right now too." I reached across the few inches of dried park grass to hold his hand.

"Why?" He spoke in a soft whisper.

"Because I'm with you and that's all I need to be happy."

Frank scooted over to sit his head on my shoulder and smiled up at me. He let his eyes drop and gave a content sigh. "I like that a whole lot better than Heaven, Gee."


Sign up to rate and review this story