Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Are Falling

15- Trouble

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

Brendon's surprise doesn't go according to plan as Hayley's secret family trouble threatens to become apparent.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-09 - Updated: 2012-10-09 - 1824 words - Complete

0Unrated


Hayley grinned as her phone began vibrating again. She’d only just gotten off the phone with Brendon thirty minutes ago. His flight was Monday morning and she’d be in class. She was already swamped with make-up work, which is what she was currently working on. Neither of her parents even noticed her return, nor did they question her absence.

“Hi baby.” It was weird to her how nice it felt to be able to call Brendon that. Before stupid lovey names made her sick to her stomach but now it felt empowering, and just… well, nice.

She could hear the smile in Brendon’s voice. “Still working on your English paper?” Brendon asked, attempting to sound casual. Hayley knew what was wrong though. She knew he felt weird leaving now that they were dating, and she knew he was afraid that she would pull another disappearing act- and he’d be too far away to track her down constantly. He was afraid it would all just fall apart.

He made his fears clear, but she felt too bad to outright say it would never happen… because it already had, and now she was just paying for that. They both had trust to build between each other, and they were just at the beginning. Still, it felt like she’d been with Brendon forever.

Hayley held her phone to the keyboard as she pressed down on buttons randomly, making it loud enough for Brendon to hear. When she brought the phone back up she could hear him laughing, “Okay, okay- point made. I’m sorry that I keep bothering you. Can I help you with the paper at all?”

“Uh, well I have another paper due on the French Revolution but seeing as how this one is one Social Engineering I think I have it down. It’s pretty basic information; it’s just all about getting it written in a correct format, and making it catching enough. So, what do you know about the French Revolution?”

“Um.” Brendon paused for a moment, “Not a damn thing.”

“Then you probably shouldn’t call me until tomorrow.” Hayley teased. “I got a bit behind on home-work, which is completely my fault. I just want to catch up as much as possible tonight and get this all turned in at once. Now is not the time to get behind on grades… which speaking of grades and school… I- I got an acceptance letter today from a pretty fantastic college.”

“Oh, which one?” College didn’t excite Brendon at all, but he did care about Hayley- which made the subject somewhat important.

“Reed College.” Hayley whispered the name, wondering what Brendon’s reaction would be. Everything from here on out counted on his reaction. “It’s-“

“It’s in my city!” The words exploded out of Brendon’s mouth, and Hayley was ecstatic to hear that he sounded excited. “So you’re going to move close to me?”

“I’d like to. It’s a good college, and I did get accepted… I just- how do you feel about that?” Hayley asked, though she already had a fairly good idea from his vocal reaction.

“If I were there right now I would be down on my knees begging you to go.” Brendon replied, “So, how do you think I feel?”

Hayley chuckled, “Point well made. Well, that takes some stress away now that I don’t have to obsess about which college to go to.”

“And I’m less stressed about leaving now that I know next year you’ll be with me.” Brendon answered, and his smile was obvious even though Hayley couldn’t see him.

“The words on my laptop are starting to get blurry.” Hayley admitted with a yawn, “I don’t know how much more writing I actually have in me. I might just try to get up before school and work on it a little more.”

“That would be holy shit early. Can’t you turn that shit in late?” Brendon asked, “I mean, you already got accepted in to college. What’s a little slacking really going to do?”

“Don’t you think I’ve already slacked enough?”

“Since I’ve been in town you’ve slacked about as much as I slacked my first week of school so I actually feel that you have a lot more slacking to do.” Brendon replied.

“I feel that if you didn’t have music then you’d be screwed.” Hayley joked.

Brendon laughed, “Well, probably. I mean those were actually my two career choices. Either be a musician or a high priced call boy.”

Hayley laughed so hard that she snorted, “I didn’t mean screwed literally!”

“Well, it’s already been said sweetheart. You might as well just admit to your devilish comment.” Brendon teased.

Hayley nervously smiled as she said something that she knew would get Brendon all hot and bothered, “What would my punishment be if I were there right now?”

“Oh, you’re dirty.” Brendon immediately replied. His voice was so thick with lust that it made the desire inside of Hayley boil up.

“Does that really surprise you?” Hayley asked, with a tone that was awfully dangerous to Brendon’s restraint.

“Not really but come on Hayley, I’m not going to be getting any sexual satisfaction from anything other than my hand until you move.” Brendon groaned, to reinforce how painful that fact was for him.

“Miss me already?” Hayley asked, rolling her eyes.

“Very much so, and it’s not just my dick that misses you. Don’t worry though, I totally got what you were insinuating.” Brendon rolled his eyes as well, while chuckling.

Hayley laughed, “Smart boy, you are. When did you start using such big words?”

“When I learned that I should probably start speaking a little better than my high school girlfriend.” Brendon answered, “It’s a pride thing.”

“That’s never going to happen sweetheart.” Hayley laughed again.

“It’s just another one of those things that are on my wish list. You never know, someday you might get dumb.” Brendon joked.

“You’d just love that, wouldn’t you?” Hayley asked, with another eye roll. She was wondering if it was something she’d picked up from Brendon.

“It would make me feel a little less like the high school drop out that I am.”

“I’ll try to act a little bit stupid for you then.” Hayley teased.

“Don’t ever.” Brendon’s tone got serious. “You’re who I want, not stupid Hayley, or fake Hayley. I just want regular Hayley.”

Hayley giggled, “I can do that.”

“Was that… Was that a fucking giggle?” Brendon asked, sounding overjoyed. “That was fucking adorable!”

Hayley sighed as she glanced at her laptop again. Her vision was fuzzy and her attention span was wavering. “I’ve got to go. I really want to get my homework done tonight, and I’m tired… and I’m afraid I won’t wake up early enough to finish everything so I really need to finish right now.”

Brendon groaned, “Fine, but call me tomorrow after school. We could do something this weekend before I leave, because waiting for college is going to seem like forever.”

“It’s just a few months.” Hayley said, laughing. “But okay, goodnight Brendon.”

“Night Hales.”





As Hayley focused on her paper she found her thoughts drifting to Brendon and briefly considered just giving up, but her drive to finish her homework pushed her and soon enough all that was heard in her bedroom again was the tap of her fingers against the keyboard.

Half past eleven Hayley’s phone vibrated again, and when she checked it she found she’d received a picture message from Brendon. Once it loaded she found her smile widening, not even being diminished by her growing exhaustion.

It was a picture of Hayley and Brendon kissing while in her truck. The lighting kind of sucked but the picture was cute, and brought about some warm fuzzy fluttering in her stomach. She quickly texted Brendon a response to the picture. -We look happy.-

Brendon texted back almost instantly, -That’s because we are. Why aren’t you in bed? You need your sleep. -

Hayley had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. -Are you my lover or my dad?-

Again, an automatic response. -Definitely your lover, and with your aversion to condoms with holes poked in them I’ll probably never be a father.-

-The words keep getting bigger with you, don’t they? I’m going to sleep. Sleep well, and keep your condoms safe.-

Just as she was brushing her teeth her phone began vibrating again, and Brendon was calling. She laughed to herself before picking up. “I need a goodnight kiss.” Brendon blurted out.

Hayley didn’t really know what to say. “Well, um… I can blow you one over the phone, if you can catch it.”

“Or… you could come outside.” Brendon suggested softly.

“…What?” Hayley was so shocked that she dropped her toothbrush in to the sink. She panicked momentarily, wondering where her parents are, but was somewhat soothed as she realized they were out for the night- probably at a bar.

“Please?” Brendon asked. “It’s kind of cold out here.”

“My parents will be home soon.” Hayley mumbled, but she was already rushing downstairs. Once she reached the door she hung up on Brendon without a word, pulling the door open.

There Brendon was, standing on her doorstep.

“How did you even know where I lived?” Hayley asked, completely surprised.

“Amy told Spencer.” Brendon cracked a smile. “Am I unwelcome?”

“No.” Hayley breathed out, pulling Brendon inside. “Come here, I want to kiss you- but it has to be quick. My parents will kill me if they find you.” Brendon didn’t understand the truth of the statement as he pressed his lips against Hayley’s.

“I need to ask you something.” Brendon commented breathlessly, as he pulled just inches away from Hayley. They rested their foreheads together, just catching up on air.

“Ask.” Hayley responded.

But as they heard the car doors slam outside they both realized questions weren’t appropriate. Hayley immediately grabbed Brendon’s hand and pulled him up the stairs at a quick pace. “Hurry.” She whispered, terror widening her eyes.

Brendon followed her in to her bedroom but once she closed the door she wasn’t done. She proceeded to shove him in to her bedroom closet. “Don’t come out until I tell you to, okay?” She looked scared but Brendon didn’t understand why. He just nodded.

Hayley shut the door and prayed that her father wouldn’t come upstairs, as Brendon curiously peeked out from the cracks in the closet door.

His heart beat quickly, and nearly stopped as he heard a male speak.
Sign up to rate and review this story