Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Something

Chapter 7

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

Confronting Ringo after what happened at the studio wasn't as hard as it seemed to be in George's mind.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,Ringo Starr - Published: 2012-10-13 - Updated: 2012-10-13 - 947 words

0Unrated
John, Paul, and George realized how difficult it was to rehearse without a drummer. Paul would always insist Ringo would come back and that they just needed to give him some time, but it’d been less than two weeks since Ringo walked out. Unless a miracle happened, or at least one of the three did anything to get him back, they’d have to find a new drummer.

Standing at Ringo’s door, George took a deep breath. So far, he was the first and only one to go talk to him. Sure, John and Paul had called him on the phone, but it wasn’t the same. Besides, they usually ended up arguing again, which helped no one.

George rang the doorbell, waiting to see his friend again. He anticipated the moment he would see Ringo. What would he do? How would he react? Would he shove the door in his face? Would he start yelling at him? Would he even say a word to him?

Before he could ask another question, the door opened. However, it wasn’t Ringo that answered, but Maureen. “Hi, George,” she said with an uncertain smile.

“Hey, Mo,” he said. “Is Ringo here?”

“Yeah, he’s playing with the boys. Come on in!” With that, she let him inside the house. George, having been there many times and knowing which room was which, walked to the playroom where Ringo was playing with Zak and Jason. George observed as Ringo played with them, chasing them around they room as they giggled gleefully. George smiled, imagining himself as Ringo and the boys as his own future children.

“Ringo, you have a visitor!” Maureen said as she stepped in the room, followed by George.

When the older man looked up to see who had come in, he frowned a little. “Oh... Hi George.”

“Hey Rings,” George replied.

“Come on, kids!” Maureen said enthusiastically. “We’re going grocery shopping!” Zak ran over to her and Ringo picked up Jason. “Ah ah ah,” she said as Ringo tried to tag along, “You don’t want to leave George here, Richie... Why don’t you stay?”

Ringo sighed. “Alright...” When Maureen and the children left, he turned to George. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Ringo, I’m sorry for everything that happened in the studio...”

“Look, I already told you guys, I’m not coming back.”

“I didn’t say anything about that. I just said that I’m sorry.”

Ringo sighed. “Why do you guys even fight so much? We all started out happy together, and now everything’s fucking falling apart! It makes no sense to me!”

“I think we’ve been around each other too long...”

“Maybe...”

“So... How are things here at the Starr residence? Since you’re not with us anymore, what have you been doing?”

Ringo smiled softly. “Mainly playing with the boys... I haven’t had this much time with them in a while now...”

“They do seem to enjoy having Daddy more often,” George said. “I saw you playing with them earlier.”

Ringo sighed happily and sat down.

“How do you do that?” George asked.

Ringo looked at him. “Do what? Sit down?”

George rolled his eyes but smiled. “No...” he said as he sat down next to him. “I mean... How do you... I don’t know how to put this... How do you be a parent? Maybe I’m not wording things right, I don’t know...”

Ringo looked at him. “What do you mean?”

“I mean... You’re so good with them... How do you get that way?”

Ringo shrugged a little. “I don’t know, really... Why?” Before George could answer, Ringo grinned. “Wait... Pattie’s pregnant, isn’t she?” George smiled and nodded. “That’s great!” he said, giving him a slightly awkward hug, considering they were on the ground.

“I just wanted to see if you could give me some tips or something...”

“Alright, no problem!”

For the rest of the afternoon, Ringo talked with George about what he had learned from parenting. By the time Maureen and the boys had come back from the store, the two friends were laughing and sharing stories like old times.

She smiled. “You seem to be in a better mood than you were when we left, Richie,” she noted.

Ringo smiled, and at that moment, Zak ran in the room with Jason crawling behind him.

“Hi Daddy!” Zak cheered. Then, he went on to talk about their trip to the grocery store excitedly, as though they were on some big adventure with talking dogs, gargoyles, and anything else cartoony and equivalent to a bad acid trip.

“Sounds like you had a great time!” George chuckled. He then turned to Ringo. “Thanks a lot for this...”

“No problem, Geo,” Ringo replied. “No problem. Feel free to come over if you have any other questions!”

“Then I may be over a lot...” They laughed as they got up from their places on the ground. “I guess I’ll see you whenever that’ll be...”

“Or tomorrow...” Ringo said.

“You want me to come over tomorrow?”

“You can, but I meant at the studio.”

George looked at him. “What do you mean by that?”

“I’ve thought it over... I think I’m coming back. It sounds like you guys need some help...”

George smiled and gave him another hug. The boys giggled at them below. “Then I’ll see you then...” George said as he let go. After their embrace, he left the house feeling happier from not only getting back the band’s drummer, but for getting back one of his best mates.
Sign up to rate and review this story