Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Something

Chapter 8

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

Ringo's back, and Pattie questions her weight.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon,Paul McCartney,Ringo Starr - Published: 2012-10-13 - Updated: 2012-11-17 - 745 words

0Unrated
“Hey, fellas,” a familiar voice greeted John, Paul, and George. “Miss me?”

“Ringo!” Paul exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

“I figured you guys might need me a little longer...” he replied with a smile. It wasn’t until John and Paul cheered for his return that he noticed George wasn’t there. He shrugged and headed toward his drum set.

Suddenly, he stopped. Flowers were everywhere, flowers for him. He looked at John and Paul. “Did... Did you guys do this? For me?” he asked.

John looked at the drums and shook his head. “Nope. Maybe you should ask Sleeping Beauty over there. I was wondering what his deal was... I figured he took a trip or something with all those weird flowers.”

Ringo looked down and noticed sleeping near the drums with a flower in his hand. He smiled and crouched down next to him. “Geo?” he said, shaking his friend a little.

George opened his eyes quickly and stared up at the older man. “Oh, hey Ringo...” he said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“You did this?” Ringo asked, pointing to the drum set. George nodded with a sleepy smile. Ringo hugged him as a small tear formed in his eye. “Thanks, Geo... It looks great, it really does...”

George hugged back. “No problem... I thought it’d be nice to give you a ‘Welcome Back’ kind of gift of some sort... I couldn’t figure out what to do though...”

“Well this is perfect,” Ringo replied. “Thank you...”

Soon, things got back to normal.


~~~


Things were a little different compared to Pattie’s first pregnancy; for example, she and George were telling more people about the baby. Another thing was that George decided to come along with Pattie to her doctor appointments. He told her it was because he wanted to see everything for himself, but Pattie thought otherwise; for one thing, doing so would get him out of work; another thing, Pattie had told him about her doctor, Dr. Johnson, whom she had said was very cute. There was also Pattie’s worrying about her weight.

“I just can’t picture you fat,” George said one day as he changed for bed. “It just seems so weird since you’re so skinny...”

“You mean I’m not showing that much?” Pattie asked as she looked at her in the mirror.

“Showing?” George examined her. “Who said you were showing? I don’t see anything quite yet.”

Pattie lifted her shirt a little and stared at her stomach. George wrapped his arms around her waist and rubbed it a little, smiling. She smiled back and kissed his jaw before looking back into the mirror.

“Besides... If you were showing,” George said, “I’d be making fun of you, wouldn’t I?”

She rolled her eyes with a small chuckle. “Oh, stop it, you...” She then whacked his arm.

“Careful! I need that arm if you want me to do something for a living!” George said as though his arm were delicate.

“I’m so sorry I almost damaged your most prized possession!” she laughed.

“Oh, this?” George held up his arm. “You think this is my most prized possession?”

“I figured it’d be.”

“Nope.”

“Then might I ask what is?”

He poked her nose. “You, silly!” She smiled more and kissed him softly. “How about we get to bed, Patty-cake... It’s pretty late.”

“Alright,” she said, and they climbed under the warm covers.


~~~


“Hey, Paul, I’m gonna be late on Thursday,” George told his mate a few days later. “Pattie has an appointment, and I’m tagging along.”

“Okay,” Paul replied before going into thought.

George began to tune his guitar only to break one of his strings. “Fuck...” He looked in his case, but there weren’t any in there. “I’ll be right back, I think I got some strings in my car...” Then, he went out to do so. As he walked toward the door upon re-entering the studio, he overheard part of the others’ conversation.

“Don’t you trust us, Macca?” John said.

“Sure I do! I’m just reminding everyone!” replied Paul.

“Reminding everyone about what?” George said as he walked inside.

“Huh? Oh! That you were going to be late on Thursday. That way no one’ll wonder.”

“Um, alrighty then.”

“Well, we should get back to work, so let’s do so!”

With that, they were back to their music.
Sign up to rate and review this story