Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan

I'm Not Alone

by Sam41 1 review

Song fic- This Song Saved My Life

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-10-21 - Updated: 2012-10-22 - 1572 words

0Unrated
I want to start, by letting you know this
Because of you my life has a purpose
You helped me be who I am today
I see myself in every word you say

Smiling as the song Me Against the World came on.
"SIMPLE PLAN FUCK THE WHAT!" I yelled laughing like an idiot as my mother's voice of confusion lingered through the walls.
Grinning, I walked over, picking up the amp, dragging it over to where it could be plugged in at and fished around in my CD/bass drawer for the cable allowing my bass to be heard from the amp rather than just what sound the strings made when strummed.
Grabbing the bass, who I decided to name Astronaut as that was the song I had playing when I had gotten the instrument, bringing it over to where my amo was laying.

"It's me against the world." I sang along, grinning as I pulled open the 'Welcome to My Life" tabs, and changing the song allowing me to play along.

My purpose in life was bass, pushing myself to be the best damn bassist in history, obviously not happening though.
"NO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE! WELCOME TO MY LIFE" I screamed overpowerig Peirre's vocals

They got me so far in life; they were like the 5 older brothers I never had.
David had gotten me into bass (he's hilarious, has epic hair and shows that bassist's aren't worthless). It sounds ridiculous, but that guy is MY FUCKING HERO! But in no way is he the only member of Simple Plan.
That's just fucked up.

Leaning my head back as the song played on, visualizing my life as the lyrics explained my story.
Welcome to My Life- Everyone says how shit is so bad, and how their so alone in the pain, yet I've been suffering for who knows how long?
Me Against The World- Don't ask, don't care was a saying most probably used when it came to my life. So it was me, the lonley little SPAstronaut against, well everyone else.
Perfect-My parents don't belive in music careers,  nor do they belive in my dreams. My dad to me growing up was amazing, all the times I thought "I wanna be just like him!" went out the window when the names, and well truth came out. They started treating me shittier and shittier, thinking I should be perfect.
No Love- Family life sucks
I'm Just A Kid- Truth, when your a kid well life fuckin' sucks dick
I'm going to cut it off there, rather than going through all their songs 

Sometimes it feels like nobody gets me
Trapped in a world where everyone hates me
There's so much that I'm going through
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you

I live here, where the top things are,
-Country Music (EW?!)
-Oil Industry (BLEH)
-Pop Music (Good God!)

You look at me and think "You're fine, go into oil like your dad" 
HAHAHAHA you're funny.
No, I pride myself on my scemo/punk style.
Yet around here, thats a major "OH Hael no"
Nobody gets it, they all think punk/scemo is retarded and music careers never work.
Unless it's country then they'll support you until the end of time.

This world hates me, I have people call me names varying from "emo freak" to "slutty hoe".
I have my friend's new BFF suddenly get pissed about something, and I don't know why.
Sighing I open my eyes, re-adjust the instrument on my lap as I begin playing the opening chords to Blink 182's I miss you, as warm up.

Tears swelling in my eyes, stinging before running down my cheeks.
I'm going through a lot. I never tell and swear not to get past the depression and self-harm.
Closed doors huh?

If Simple Plan wasn't a band, I would be dead and gone /by now/ I thought, lump in my throat, knot in my chest.

I was broken
I was choking
I was lost
This song saved my life

FLASHBACK

I was laying on the cool linoleum floor of our bathroom. 
I was a broken person, inside and out; it shows through.

Choking on sobs that wrack my body, I sneak a peek at the cool blade that has had it's way with my thigh.

It's Me Against The World! I sorrowfully looked up, tears in my eyes.
No stop! You don't deserve this a new voice screamed.
Little did I know this voice was linked to a certain band.

 
I was bleeding
Stopped believing
Could've died
This song saved my life

I had blood running off my leg, and ribs going down the drain with the water.
There is no fucking hope, I'm better off gone.
Playing with the tool that had inflicted me pain, I began thinking of ways to die.
The same song; Me Against The World; played, causing me to sigh and let down the razor.

I was down
I was drowining
But it came on just in time
This song saved my life

I had been sprawled out on my carpeted floor. Tears damn near drowning  me, as I had gotten back from yet another fight with my mom.
I want do die! I told you that how much?! I remember screaming, as her anger took over and she accused me of only feeling sorry for myself.
Reaching into a drawer, I felt a familiar cool surface of a bottle only to hear a knock on my door.
"Before you do anything irrational, listen to Simple Plan or something." My younger brother suggested, tears in his blue eyes as he clutched his blanket to his chest.

Sometimes I feel you've known me forever
You always know how to make me feel better
 
I had tears running down my face as I had the wort day, I don't do anything yet my best friend turned her back.

Leaning my head back I remembered the vlog Simple Plan posted earlier.
"LOOK AT THOSE DISGUSTING X's!" David yelled, commenting on Chuck's sloppy X's posted on their progress board
"It's agreed Chuck is no longer allowed near the sharpie" Seb pulled the marker out of the drummer's hand

Even with tears blurring my vision, staining my cheeks, showing my pain they could still make a smile appear on my face, they knew how to make me feel better.

Because of you my dad and me
Are so much closer than we used to be
You're my escape when I'm stuck in this small town
I turn you up whenever I feel down

"God fucking DAMMIT!" I screamed, absolutely pissed at the fact I lived in a small ass shit hole; where all the people are stuck up ignorant retards.

"Nobody has a good taste in music for fuck sakes." I growled putting on my headphones and blasting /Generation/ 
"THAT'S MY GENERATION!" The music poured out, the stares I was receiving as I walked showed it was obviously heard by those walking by me.

I was having a shit day, I looked like shit, felt like shit and had my parents lock me out of my room; joy.
I put on my headphones closing my eyes and allowing Crazy to filter through, taking away the dead silence I had been enduring
"Parents act like enemies, making kids feel like it's world war 3" Mmmmhmmmm 

You let me know like no one else
That it's okay to be myself

I grew up learning "if you're not like everyone else. You are an outcast". So for the longest time I had a fear of opening up and being like "THIS IS ME!"

Ever since finding Simple Plan, I've developed a style that involves bright colours, bright hair, whatever the fuck I want (even screaming in hotel rooms)


I was broken
I was choking
I was lost
This song saved my life

I've been the kid who had almost swallowed pills; said 'fuck it' and gave into the pressures of life. Gave into those who hate and hated me.
I was lost, had no clue who I was, what I liked. I was living numb.
Me Against the World

You'll never know what it means to me
That I'm not alone
And I'll never have to be

You guys won't EVER know, hell even those 5 guys who saved my life won't ever know...
The feeling that even how many people hate me, how many people tell me to go kill myself, how many people turn their back, to know that there are at least 5 people who don't want me to kill myself.

It hurts to feel alone, feel like nobody loves you (in my family I've experienced that), it sounds cheesy but it is the feeling of being at the concert, watching the videos, knowing that they actually give a fuck about you, knowing they've expirienced some of the shit you've been through.
A feeling I will never be able to explain..

Fuck this "song" THIS FUCKING BAND saves my life..

Simple Plan Saved My Life; easy as that.

All the events and feelings mentioned are true. Speaking of it a lot of the Simple Plan stuff I write is going to be more off personal expeiriences (because I've known them longest out of all my favorite bands, and I've seen This Song Saved My Life live(I fucking cried my eyes out, like "STAHP! It's too amazing!")
Sign up to rate and review this story