Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Asylum

Voices

by Im-a-monster 0 reviews

All alone with the voices in your head.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-02 - Updated: 2013-02-03 - 786 words

1Original
Slowly, my eyes open. Am I dreaming? No. Where am I?
White. White room. White walls, white ceiling, white sheets, white curtains, so much white. Am I in solitary? In the room with the soft walls and the secret door? No. No, this room is different.
I hear voices. Yes, soft, muffled voices. Are they the Voices? Did they come back? I don't want to be alone again. 
No. No they're not the Voices. They're not the cackling, whispering, screaming, laughing, taunting Voices that I know so well. These voices are... Gentler. Softer. They sound familiar.
I lift my head to see. 
Bad idea.
My vision goes fuzzy, white takes over my eyes.
Groaning, I lay my head back down as dizziness envelopes my mind. I know this feeling all too well. I must have been drugged recently. Carefully I try to think back to recent events.
Black?
Black... Black and foggy..
An angel.. A beautiful angel..
No.. 
No no no.. That wasn't real..
That was a dream.... Or was it? 
Yes it was real.. No..
No, not black.. White..
Yes.. White... White room..  Like this one.. My Room.. Yes I was in solitary...

Why? 
Slowly and menacingly, the thought echoes through my mind.

Why were you in solitary?

I don't know.

Yes you do; you are the reason you were in solitary.

Nonono. I didn't do anything.. Did I?

Do you know what kind of people go into solitary? Do you know why people are confined to that godforsaken place?

... No

YES YOU DO.
The Voice in my mind screams.
MONSTERS GO INTO SOLITARY. SICK, NASTY, EVIL MONSTERS. 

I squeeze my eyes shut. 

Nonononono. I'm not sick. I'm not a monster. I'm not sick. I went in there so I won't hurt myself. 

STUPID. STUPID BOY. You went in there so you won't hurt OTHER PEOPLE. YOU WENT IN THERE BECAUSE YOU ARE A SICK, DISGUSTING, BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTER. 

"Nonononononono" I chant under my breath, "No, 'M not sick. 'M not a monster..." 

OH BUT YOU ARE. YOU ARE AN EVIL EVIL EVIL PERSON. YOU WANT TO HURT PEOPLE AND YOU WILL NEVER BE CURED. SICK BASTARD.

"NOOOOO" I scream. I want nothing but to shut up the nasty voice in my head. "NO IM NOT A MONSTER NO NO NO NO NO" I struggle wildly. I can feel something hard gripping my arms and legs. Restraints. I thrash wildly on the bed, trying to pry my arms out. "NO I'M NOT SICK. NOT A MONSTER. NO NO NO NO NO"
The voices I heard talking softly before have stopped now, the only sounds left being my own and the lying Voice taunting me now.
From somewhere in the room, a door opens up, and several figures come rushing in.

"What's happening?" 
"He's awake!"
"Get him some meds, try to calm him down!"
"Do you think he's hearing things again?"
"Careful, he could be dangerous right now!"

The familiar figures surround me. The staff. I know them. Mike, Sam, and Amy the intern. Mike and Sam carefully push on my chest to keep me still on the bed, and Amy's crouching by my head, stroking my hair and speaking softly to me.

"Hey, just calm down, sweetie.. Shh, just try to calm down and take the pills and everything will be alight."

I shake my head vigorously.
"Nonono"

"No? Frank what's wrong?" Amy looks concerned.

"'M not okay... The Voice.. No.. No.. Not okay.."

"You hear voices again? Take the pills, they'll make Them be quiet. Please Frankie." She strokes my cheek.
But I barely hear her attempts at comfort. All I hear is screaming. Screams only achieved by hatred. Malice. Venomous words being screamed at me. Wicked awful lies. The Voice is just so loud. Mocking me. Taunting me. Telling me twisted lies. 
Screaming. So much screaming. Screams only achieved due to absolute and utter agony.
So much screaming. And almost all of it is mine. 

I'm barely aware of Mike holding my head down and forcing my mouth open while Sam jams several pills down my throat. Amy's still stroking my face.  

They all hate you. They don't care. You're a monster. Evil, evil, evil. Nasty. Monster. They hate you. They all hate you.

My throat is stinging and bleeding from my yelling, and I'm completely worn out from my weak attempts of escaping the restraints. My head collapses to the lumpy pillow, and I drown into the howling, shrieking sounds of the Voice.

Hey, sorry it took so long to update, I've been insanely busy this week. I'd really like to know who's actually reading this story and what you think of it so far, so review! Hope you liked the chapter!
-aLeXx
Sign up to rate and review this story