Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Sparks Will Fly

by BulletproofNinja 7 reviews

Bonfire night, and Gerard's scared of fireworks. FRERARD ONE-SHOT!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-11-05 - Updated: 2012-11-06 - 1631 words

4Original
Hi guys! This is just a short one shot I thought up while listening to the fireworks outside. I was in a good mood, so it's very VERY fluffy! I hope you enjoy! xo

BOOOOM!!!

I jumped about five feet in the air at the noise, cowering back into the couch in fear. Someone chuckled beside me, and I turned to inspect the noise. To my surprise (not), I saw Frank standing there. He stood in the doorway openly laughing at me. I gave him my meanest glare.

"It's not funny!" I protested, crossing my arms as I pouted miserably.

"Aww, come on, it's a little funny." He laughed again, edging towards me.

"How on earth is it-" I jumped again as another ear splitting bang echoed through the apartment that Frank and I both shared."How on earth is it funny?" But my voice went unheard as Frank was doubled over laughing again.

"Your.. Your face!!!" He laughed again. "Aww, it's okay, it's only a little firework." He cooed in a baby voice.

"Fuck you, Iero." I gave him the finger and continued to shrink back into the couch cushions.

I hated fireworks. The noise scared me so much, and Frank never took me seriously. But I found it hard to be angry with him, because he was just so likeable. You see, Frank was about 5 feet tall, and he came up to my shoulders. He was just so cute and child-like, it's hard to stay mad. With his scruffy black hair, his cute little button nose and his wide hazel eyes, he was the picture of innocence. Of course, I knew better than to think of him in that way. He acted like a little demon, laughing at my fear, my pain, or any misfortune that occurred.

I didn't mind though... Not that much, anyway. It was just nice to have company on scary times like these. Someone to reassure me that I was safe, and not at risk of being blown to pieces by the colourful death bombs.

"Aww, Gee, I'm sorry." He said sincerely, pulling his puppy dog eyes. "I know you're scared, and I won't make fun of you anymore." He stood up straight and crossed his hand over his heart.

"It's okay." I sighed, resting my head in my knees.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes before the fireworks started up again, causing me to squeal like a girl and pull a cushion over my head. I wanted to cry, the noise was so overwhelming.

"Hey- hey, come on now, it's okay. Shh... It's okay..." Frank rushed over to sit next to me and began rubbing my back, trying to comfort me. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, wrapping my arms around him in a vice like grip. I was practically sitting on his lap I was that close. Frank didn't seem to mind, he just continued to comfort me.

"Why are you so scared of fireworks, Gee?" Frank asked after a while, his hand now stroking my hair. I sniffed and looked up at him through wide eyes.

"I don't know, it's just the noise. It scares me. Don't you think it sounds like an explosion?" I shuddered at the thought of explosions, automatically imagining myself being blown up in a mass of sparks and flashes of colour. In my mental scenario, no one seemed to care that I'd just been blown to shit, they just stood 'ooh'-ing and 'ahh'ing at the pretty colours. Ass holes.

"Gerard!" I was snapped out of my daydream by Frank poking me in the side of the head. I moved a hand up to rub at the spot.

"Hey!" I whined. "What'd you do that for?" He chuckled softly again, this time less harshly.

"Sorry, you were just really spaced out, it was kinda creepy." He explained, smiling at me.

Our faces were really close together, I could feel his warm, sweet breath tickle my nose. I was just staring into his eyes while he gazed back in confusion.

"Uhh... Gerard? You okay there?" He laughed nervously.

"You have really pretty eyes, Frankie." I said dreamily.

"Thanks..." He smiled back at me. There was a silence that followed, not awkward, but quite a comfortable one. He giggled when I wiggled my nose.

"It tickles!" I squealed, explaining my actions to a very confused looking Frank.

"Aww, poor ickle GeeGee!" He poked the tip of my nose playfully. I gasped in mock surprise.

"Oh no, you did not." I narrowed my eyes at him, speaking slowly and quietly. Frank stood up slowly and began to back away from me.

"Oh..." He said seductively. "I believe I did." And he turned and ran out of the room.

I immediately jumped off the couch and sprinted after him. I banged my hip on a few tables on my way, but I eventually cornered him in his room. "I got you now, bitch." I was just about to lunge forward when the deafening bang returned. I fell to the floor, curling up in a ball and covering my head with my hands.

"Gerard, it's okay. They can't hurt you. I won't let them hurt you, I promise." He picked me up off the floor with ease, due to my skinny frame. I curled into his chest as he carried me back through to the living area. He set me down on my feet and grabbed me by the hand. I opened my eyes and stared at him in wonder.

"Right, I am going to solve this problem once and for all." He pulled something from his jacket pocket and held them up for me to see. Two grey sticks that smelt like burning wood.

"What are they?" I asked warily.

"Sparklers. Now, you and I are going to go out on the balcony and we're going to light these fuckers and watch the fireworks. Okay?" I shooke my head frantically as I tried to escape Frank's grip. Instead of letting me go, he started dragging me over to the balcony door.

"No, no, no, no!!!" I shouted, falling to the floor in an attempt to get him off me. "Please!"

"I'm not gonna listen, Gee." He said, continuing towards the door. "Come on, just do this for me?" He stopped and gave me his puppy dog eyes again. Damn, why did he have to be so cute? I stopped struggling and let him drag me outside. The fireworks had stopped going off at that particular time, but I was still worried. I trusted Frank though, and that was enough to stop me screaming.

"Now, hold this." Frank ordered me, shoving the sparkler into my hand. He took a lighter out of his pocket and lit the end of it. Instantly, bright white sparks started shooting out the end of it. He lit his own and he joined me in waving it around in the air, writing out our names with the smoke. I laughed at the sight of Frank as he pranced around the balcony, giggling his head off. I copied him and started twirling like a ballerina as I watched the sparks fall to the floor around me. Frank was right, it was fun.

When the sparks burned out, I stood there laughing softly to myself. I watched as the last of the sparks fell from Frank's sparkler and his face fell in disappointment.

"Thank you, Frankie." He looked up at me, his face blank for a moment, before he realised what I said.

"No problem, Gee. I'm just glad you liked them." He beamed up at me. I held my arms out and he stepped into my embrace.

"You are good to me, Frankie bear." I laughed, patting him on the back of the head.

"Only the best for you, sweetie." He pulled back in shock, clasping a hand over his mouth. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.... Well... You know what I meant, it's just that-" I cut him off as I placed a pinger on his lips.

"Shut up, Frank." I whisper softly. He looked up into my eyes with a smile on his face.

Without hesitation, I crashed our lips together, giving myself what I'd wanted for a long time. Ever since we met, I'd wanted this. For the whole time we lived together, I'd wanted this. Frank was everything to me, and I wanted him to know that.

We stood out on the balcony like that for a good five minutes. I was only faintly aware of loud noises in the background, but I was too focused on the sweet taste of Frank's mouth to even care. In that moment, I was the happiest I'd ever been.

Eventually, Frank pulled away from me, both of us breathing heavily. We gazed into each others eyes.. Cheesy, I know, but we did. Then Frank began to laugh. Quietly at first, but then it turned into a giggle. I was confused, so I just stood there waiting for him to calm down.

When he did, he just looked at me, biting down on his lip ring in thought.

"Guess what?" He asked, sounding like a naughty school kid. I arched an eyebrow.

"What...?"

"Fireworks have been going off for the past ten minutes, and you weren't scared." I blinked, and finally recognized the loud booms of the rockets exploding in the night sky. "I told you I'd solve your problem." He giggles childishly again.

"You sneaky bastard..." I smiled as I pulled him into a hug.

"Ahh, but that's why you love me." He winked.

"I do love you, yes." I kiss him gently on the lips again.

"I love you too, sparkles."


Hope you liked it!
Love you all,
~BulletproofNinja xo
Sign up to rate and review this story