Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Trouble of Love

Part 1

by rhea_foxx 0 reviews

A Kakashi POV story about the relationship between himself and Iruka. Based on a true story modified to fit characters and places. Pairings are IruAnko and KakaIru

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Anko, Iruka, Kakashi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2006-07-19 - 1040 words

0Unrated
~The Trouble of Love~

Here I am back again with a new Fanfiction. It's quite strange how I'm putting out fics like this. I mean with the pairings and all. I am a rabid KakaIru shipper, but for some reason IruAnko keeps slipping in here. I don't even read IruAnko fanfictions. Weird. Well, anyway, this fic is going to be a three parter. I don't know why, but that's the way I decided it to be. I didn't expect this first chapter to be so short but hopefully the next one will be a little longer.

Pairings: IruAnko with the scent of KakaIru in the air

Disclaimer? Well what's there to say? I don't own anything here. 'Cept maybe the plot which is kinda true, modified to fit the characters and place. But based off a true story. And it DIDN'T happed to a friend of a friend of mine.

Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------


Kakashi didn't understand people. They were always so uptight, worrying about everything and always fussing about with things to be done. He just didn't understand why people were like this. It was a curious thing.

Iruka was an intriguing person. He would fuss and worry over work, his loved ones, friends, life, the children, the village, himself and everything else he could possibly worry about. Most probably in that order as well. Kakashi was drawn in by this. He wanted to know why Iruka was like this and he wanted to understand how he thought.

Iruka had let him seep into his world easily. Although he couldn't say they had a bond of any sort. They were just friends.

In summer they would go down to the river in the blazing heat and spend the day in the cool water, chatting, splashing, and fighting in the clean water. Occasionally Anko, Asuma, Kurenai, Genma and sometimes Hayate would accompany them.

In winter, they would stay indoors and watch movies, wrapped in blankets and a cup of coffee or tea in hand.

Bonds were for real friends. They were for real friends who talked and shared thoughts, and secrets. But they were just friends so they didn't have to feel lonely for another day or, more realistically, so they forget they were lonely.

Kakashi tried hard to believe that it was good like this. He told himself that this was all he could ever want from Iruka, but knew better than to think like that.

He realised that in summer when they were in the cool water swimming around, he would take glances at Irukas tanned chest and how his shorts we slightly lose so they would slip slowly down to the peaks of his hips before Iruka would hike them up again.

And in winter when they were watching movies all wrapped in blankets and the air slightly chilli, he noticed the flush over Irukas cheeks as his body tried to warm him. He noticed Irukas lips as they licked away a dribble of tea and the way he licked the cup to keep a drip soiling his blanket. His hands would linger over Irukas as they compared how each others' were.

But as easily as the thoughts invaded him and his curiosity grew of Iruka, he shrugged it off and decided he would think upon it another time. He just procrastinated on thinking about it over and over again. It didn't matter either way he thought and he was convinced it didn't.

Though through his years spending time with Iruka he realised Iruka wasn't happy the way he was even though they spent so much time together. All they did was have fun, relax and let go. Wasn't that enough? Obviously not. What was missing?

That answer had come not long after he first asked himself that question. And the answer was 'love'. He cringed at the thought. Not that it was a bad thing but it bought up some painful memories he didn't wish to think about. It was in the past, it doesn't matter anyway.

Iruka had fallen love and finally Kakashi felt at peace. He felt like he didn't need to try so hard to keep Iruka company. Iruka had love now and it was caring for him more than he ever could. Although Kakashi was a little disappointed that he couldn't do that for Iruka. That he wasn't enough to keep Iruka happy and it hurt. But he didn't mind the pain, it didn't matter anyway. Iruka was happy now and that's all that mattered.

It was a strange match though but a match none-the-less. Iruka and Anko were good together he could see it in Irukas face.

Kakashi saw him regularly, but not nearly as much as he used to, which he thought was going to be good. He would be able to get more missions done and a bit more cash in the pocket to use for updating his sore and battered looking kitchen. But it wasn't going as well as he had first thought it was going to.

His mind, now not as distracted as it used to be would wander to those thoughts that had been stashed away for another day. Stress was building on him slowly and he swore it was driving him insane. Kakashi took a week long mission to keep his mind from destroying him.

On his return he found Iruka sitting on his door step, looking worse for wear. Kakashi stepped up to his friend, looking down on him with a kind face. "Yo!" He called with a weary voice, even though he was worried as to why he was there in the first place.

"Kakashi" Iruka stood, smiling "Welcome back" He looked and sounded relieved at that.

"Thankyou" Kakashi returned "Why are you sitting on my doorstep? Something happen?"

He was always the 'straight to the point' guy. There was no letting it just simmer until one of them couldn't take the heat anymore and there was definitely no games when it came to Irukas happiness. Iruka hesitated.

"Anko's gone." Irukas face twisted. He clenched his teeth and hands. He was trying not to lose it. Iruka was unstable. Kakashi again began to feel that need to be Iruka, to keep him company, to protect him.
Sign up to rate and review this story